Quentin Grimes

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Quentin Grimes

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:12 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:55 pm Newman was benched at least twice. Always in favor of Marcus Garrett
mitch lightfoot. self went back to the 2 post lineup.

yes there was a 2-3 or so game period last season where mitch lightfoot was a starter.
Lightfoot replaced Vick. There was a game or 2 in early February when Newman and Vick were both benched. Newman's first benching in December was for Garrett.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:47 pm went against a team with a historically good star player..
Still bugs the shit out of me that this reason is why KU doesn't have 2 more titles.

It's hard to fathom just how bad they played in 2003 and were still a blocked shot away from forcing OT. 4-20 from three. 12-30 at the line. 18 turnovers. Most teams lose a game by 30 with those numbers.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm One game?

Newman Duke 18 ( 32 pts ).
BRush UNC 08 ( insert outscoring entire UNC team graphic ).
TRob NC State 12 ( 18 and 15 in a 60 point game, won by 3 ).
Aldrich Dayton 09 ( trip doub - with BLOCKS! ).
Mason Purdue 17 ( 26, 7 and 7 on 9/11 and 4/5 ).
word
Deleted User 89

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:36 pm Because of the importance of it, you could also say Arthur Memphis 08 or Chalmers Memphis 08.
Also you can't include it, but IF Simien had hit the turn around v Bucknell, you'd have that one in here ( 26 and 10 - woulda been 28 and 10 with a game winner ).
that was such a heartbreak...the shot you practice in the driveway as a kid
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:01 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:36 pm Because of the importance of it, you could also say Arthur Memphis 08 or Chalmers Memphis 08.
Also you can't include it, but IF Simien had hit the turn around v Bucknell, you'd have that one in here ( 26 and 10 - woulda been 28 and 10 with a game winner ).
that was such a heartbreak...the shot you practice in the driveway as a kid
Ya but in the drive way it's usually not against Bucknell to get out of the 2nd round.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He had that shot in his skillset.
I don't think there's another player under Self that could hit that turn around jumper like Simien.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This is a bunch of dunks but this shot is what i'm talking about.
Money:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNS_RFmhmc#t=1m33s
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Yeah. It's the one he missed, though, that I'll always remember.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Time to end the experiment Bill.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It never was an experiment, it was supposed to be the best guard since Deron.

But yeah, I'm thinking our best lineup going forward is:

Dotson
Agbaji
Garrett
Dedric
God Save The Rules, otherwise I guess Vick
Deleted User 75

LOL @ best guard since Deron. Self speak I suppose.

Why does Grimes look worse than he did in the McDonald's AA game where he looked like 1 of the best players in the game?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Maybe he hates Salty Iguana
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:34 pm LOL @ best guard since Deron. Self speak I suppose.

Why does Grimes look worse than he did in the McDonald's AA game where he looked like 1 of the best players in the game?
or mvp of team usa over the summer, or the nike hoops summit...
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:32 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:34 pm LOL @ best guard since Deron. Self speak I suppose.

Ya....what happened? It's so weird. I'll have to watch some of those games again and really watch how he was used.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Maybe Ochai took his soul in practice?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:34 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:32 pm

Ya....what happened? It's so weird. I'll have to watch some of those games again and really watch how he was used.
Zero defense allowed him to drive the lane with no contest. He was still only 3-11 from 3 during the two all-star games. Team USA it was likely just a bigger, more athletic deal when matched up with most of the other countries.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:03 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:32 pm or mvp of team usa over the summer, or the nike hoops summit...
Zero defense allowed him to drive the lane with no contest. He was still only 3-11 from 3 during the two all-star games. Team USA it was likely just a bigger, more athletic deal when matched up with most of the other countries.
He's bigger and often more athletic than most NCAA 2-Guards too.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:54 am
NDballer13 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:03 am

He's bigger and often more athletic than most NCAA 2-Guards too.
and this is why i've said all season that Bill needs to find ways to post him up, even if it's just to get him to see the ball go through the hoop
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

My take he spends way to much time floating around the arc. At this time his moves are so predictable. Gets a hand off on the weave. Two dribbles to attack, picks up the ball, passes on the second weave and cuts. The remaining minutes he floats around the 3 pt arc waiting for a kick out for a shot.
Dude needs to attack, get his shoulders square and get down hill. Get to the foul line. Make easy baskets. See the ball go through the hoop.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:15 am My take he spends way to much time floating around the arc. At this time his moves are so predictable. Gets a hand off on the weave. Two dribbles to attack, picks up the ball, passes on the second weave and cuts. The remaining minutes he floats around the 3 pt arc waiting for a kick out for a shot.
Dude needs to attack, get his shoulders square and get down hill. Get to the foul line. Make easy baskets. See the ball go through the hoop.
and i'd say the same about vick most nights