Bombs sent to CNN and the Clintons

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Bombs sent to CNN and the Clintons

Post by jfish26 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:42 pm
Gutter wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:31 pm “It’s okay to disagree in politics,” she said, “but it’s never okay to take action against another individual.”
She speaks for herself, the country, or the President?

The Donald has proven he doesn't believe that to be true.

“Any guy who can do a body slam, he is my type!”

Told audience members he would pay their legal fees if they engaged in violence against protesters at one of his (KKK?) rallies.

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise,"

A different time, "He's walking out with big high-fives, smiling, laughing," Trump said. "I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."

"When you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just seen them thrown in, rough. I said, 'Please don’t be too nice,'"
. . . and that equates to planting bombs around peoples' homes and offices how, exactly? I mean, to anyone older than about ten?
I know you don't need to be told this, but: there are a lot of people out there with comprehension and discernment skills of children. Telling a sufficient number of people, over and over and over again, that certain groups are dangerous and the "enemy of the people" will result in things like this.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:46 pm
Gutter wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:31 pm “It’s okay to disagree in politics,” she said, “but it’s never okay to take action against another individual.”

Told audience members he would pay their legal fees if they engaged in violence against protesters at one of his (KKK?) rallies.

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise,"

A different time, "He's walking out with big high-fives, smiling, laughing," Trump said. "I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."

"When you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just seen them thrown in, rough. I said, 'Please don’t be too nice,'"
. . . and that equates to planting bombs around peoples' homes and offices how, exactly? I mean, to anyone older than about ten?
I know you don't need to be told this, but: there are a lot of people out there with comprehension and discernment skills of children. Telling a sufficient number of people, over and over and over again, that certain groups are dangerous and the "enemy of the people" will result in things like this.
Taxi Driver caused John Hinkley to try to assassinate President Reagan. Was that Robert DeNiro's fault?
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

A fictional movie versus an actual national politician who incites his followers to violence, over and over.

Strange kind of whataboutism.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

HD - Sorry! I didn't know we were playing the "equates" game.
My response was to what Sanders said - It’s okay to disagree in politics,” “but it’s never okay to take action against another individual.” Didn't know she was differentiating between bombs and any and every other type of "action".
HOLD ON!!!!! (Your guy?) President Fucknuts said today,
"We have to come together and send one very clear, strong, unmistakable message that acts or threats of political violence OF ANY KIND have no place in the United States of America".
I guess a man running for President and then who becomes President is exempt from his own exact words because.............
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Gutter wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:26 pm HD - Sorry! I didn't know we were playing the "equates" game.
My response was to what Sanders said - It’s okay to disagree in politics,” “but it’s never okay to take action against another individual.” Didn't know she was differentiating between bombs and any and every other type of "action".
"We have to come together and send one very clear, strong, unmistakable message that acts or threats of political violence OF ANY KIND have no place in the United States of America".
I guess a man running for President and then who becomes President is exempt from his own exact words because.............
If you can't see the difference between rhetoric and the actual crafting, arming, and sending of bombs, then there's not much else I can say to help you understand.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

good people on both sides...
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Don't inject Lysol.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Soros multi-tasking. Caravan moving too slow so he had to send phony bombs.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Interesting to see who will be apprehended for the bombs. Is this an angry (insane) person(s) who just wants to sow discord before the mid-terms? Russians? Republicans? Democrats? The FBI has plenty of past serial bombers to interview:
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/21/59522557 ... al-bombers
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

It is NOT standard operating procedure to send out a press secretary to condemn attempted bombings of a previous President, a previous Secretary of State and Senator and First Lady, a sitting Senator, and a Congresswoman. His belated comments this afternoon, off a teleprompter, are a joke.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:46 pm

But Trump speaks his mind, Fish. That's what makes him so great!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Leawood wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:21 pm It is NOT standard operating procedure to send out a press secretary to condemn attempted bombings of a previous President, a previous Secretary of State and Senator and First Lady, a sitting Senator, and a Congresswoman. His belated comments this afternoon, off a teleprompter, are a joke.
Since this is a first, what is the SOP, then? A direct link to the text would be appreciated.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:23 pm
Leawood wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:21 pm It is NOT standard operating procedure to send out a press secretary to condemn attempted bombings of a previous President, a previous Secretary of State and Senator and First Lady, a sitting Senator, and a Congresswoman. His belated comments this afternoon, off a teleprompter, are a joke.
Since this is a first, what is the SOP, then? A direct link to the text would be appreciated.
JFC
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:11 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:23 pm
JFC
Hmmmm.

There either is or is not an SOP to be followed here. Leawood’s post seems to indicate that the President has failed to adhere to said policy, and I am seeking clarification.

Unless, of course, it is just a matter of opinion or preference, that is . . .
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

So, President(?) Trump should just sit this one out?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:24 pm So, President(?) Trump should just sit this one out?
Tell us what you believe the Donald should say.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 183

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:37 pm
Gutter wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:26 pm HD - Sorry! I didn't know we were playing the "equates" game.
If you can't see the difference between rhetoric and the actual crafting, arming, and sending of bombs, then there's not much else I can say to help you understand.
I can see the difference.
I can also see and am currently seeing (watching on TV) a guy (John Brennan) who is a whole shit ton more intelligent than I am (and my guess is somewhat more intelligent than you) in terms of what the heck happened today (and has been happening) and coincidently he hit on EXACTLY what I said.
The fuckwad who is our President has had rhetoric that incites violence.
I don't give a fuck if it's bombs, beating someone up, or whatever degree it may be, that he is "inciting".
I just give a damn that he incites it and the putz is too fucking clueless (or thinks others are) to realize he has done exactly what he is telling others not to do and has "no place in the United States of America". It makes me want to puke that I live in a country where there are so many asshhats who get off on him being our President.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:24 pm So, President(?) Trump should just sit this one out?
He didn’t, as was established above. An official statement was released, as was a tweet, as was a public statement this afternoon.

Admittedly, he did fail to burst into tears, rend his garments, put on sackcloth, or sit in an ash heap, but he didn’t say out loud what most of us were thinking, namely “Why do pipe bombs never work like they’re supposed to?!?”
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Gutter wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:27 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:37 pm
I can see the difference.
I can also see and am currently seeing (watching on TV) a guy (John Brennan) who is a whole shit ton more intelligent than I am (and my guess is somewhat more intelligent than you) in terms of what the heck happened today (and has been happening) and coincidently he hit on EXACTLY what I said.
The fuckwad who is our President has had rhetoric that incites violence.
I don't give a fuck if it's bombs, beating someone up, or whatever degree it may be, that he is "inciting".
I just give a damn that he incites it and the putz is too fucking clueless (or thinks others are) to realize he has done exactly what he is telling others not to do and has "no place in the United States of America". It makes me want to puke that I live in a country where there are so many asshhats who get off on him being our President.
John Brennan the Obama lapdog? Yeah, completely unbiased. Lulz.
Deleted User 183

HD - Yes, that John Brennan. The guy who worked for the CIA under multiple Presidents. Biased or not, he was one of those who was sent a bomb. I think he has a right to state his opinion and facts. I stated facts in my posts. He alluded to those facts. These were actual things Trump said and did. FACT.
You're going to dispute that he hasn't/didn't incite violence? Ok.
Hey, for all I know the "packages" are some huge democratic ruse. According to some/many on the "right", of course it is. More division. Perfect. God Bless America. MAGA? More like make America a bigger divided shithole than it's ever been. Love thy neighbor - unless thy neighbor has different political beliefs. Then KILL thy neighbor. Fanfreakingtastic!