Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 183

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I realize everyone needs time to grieve but I'm kind of surprised McLemore isn't back yet. Unless he was sent down and I'm not seeing it anywhere.

Games played 11/16/18

MCMo - 33 min, 4-8 fg, 1-2 3pt, 7 reb, 11 points
Embiid - 26 min, 7-20 fg, 1-4 3pt, 7 reb, 3 blk, 23 points
MKMo - 20 min, 2-5 fg, 0-1 3pt, 2 reb, 4 points, team worst -12
Oubre - 28 min, 5-6 fg, 1-2 3pt, 4 reb, 18 points, team best +1
Mason - 12 min, 1-3 fg, 0-2 3pt, 1 ast, 3 to, 3 points
Selden - 30 min, 5-12 fg, 0-2 3pt, 10 points
Wiggins, 37 min, 9-21 fg, 3-8 3pt, 5 reb, 4 ast, 2 stl, 23 points, team best +17
Diallo - DNP CD
Deleted User 183

Svi had his best game as a pro last night.

Games played 11/17/18

Embiid - 40 min, 9-23 fg, 2-5 3pt, 13-14 ft, 11 reb, 33 points, team worst -4
Graham - DNP CD
Svi - 11 min, 2-3 fg, 2-3 3pt, 8 points, tied team best +5
MCMo - 20 min, 1-7 fg, 0-4 3pt, 3 points
Mason - 14 min, 2-9 fg, 0-3 3pt, 4 ast, 4 points
McLemore - Again, don't know if he's still out for bereavement or if he was sent down.
Jackson - 17 min, 2-6 fg, 1-1 3pt, 3 reb, 4 stl, 7 points, tied team best +3
Diallo - DNP CD
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I don't think McLemore was sent down, but seeing as how he doesn't really play anyway it's likely they're just letting him take all the time he needs. It's possible they're on a several game road trip, but I haven't checked to see if that's true.

I don't know what good sending McLemore down to the G league does at this point. He's a fairly proven commodity, even if he's proven it's mainly as a bench player.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

What is going on with Josh Jackson? He played great at times as a rookie and has been terrible this year. I wonder if the millions of dollars might have made him not spend slot of time working on his game and might have showed up out of basketball shape. He should be fine and they need him unless they are tanking for another pick.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Kyblueblood wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:19 am What is going on with Josh Jackson? He played great at times as a rookie and has been terrible this year. I wonder if the millions of dollars might have made him not spend slot of time working on his game and might have showed up out of basketball shape. He should be fine and they need him unless they are tanking for another pick.
Jackson struck me as a kid who needed a coach assertively and agressively keeping on him about what to do. He had an inate sense of how to disrupt an opponents play but he routinely let his emotions cause him to do shit he wasnt supposed to do. Maybe he has a coaching staff that is giving him a little too much leash that is treating him like an adult? I dont know. He is talented; maybe his momma needs to move to Phoenix and whoop his ass into shape.
Deleted User 75

Mostly what happened is Trevor Ariza got signed by the Suns and is having a decent year.

Add him to Booker and that means that Josh was fighting for minutes with Tj Warren and Mikal Bridges....all 3 of them have been inconsistent all year long, but Warren playing the best so getting the most minutes....they sort of play small at times so there's a pool of wings that are usually holding down 3 of the spots on the floor. Booker plays as much as possible, ariza also getting 30+mpg most nights, so not as much opportunity this year.

It's also not the best organization and/or environment for player development it doesn't seem. They've had some decent players come thru that they haven't been able to do much positive with. Even Booker is having a rough start to the season.

As far as Josh goes, I think he'd be better on a winning team (but who wouldn't I suppose)....he can't use his competitive nature to his advantage if his team is getting beat down a lot of nights. Unfortunately they seem to like him so he will probably be stuck for a while.

I hate when our players go to the Kings and/or the Suns.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

Something interesting AD had mentioned 6 teams he would have interest in. Philadelphia was one of them.
If they traded Simmons,Fultz (who may never get it together) and a couple of 1st round picks, which would be late, it would be a steal really
How good would they be? Defensively you have 3 all nba talent. I think Embiid finished 2Nd and AD 3rd, Butler is an ass but is a bulldog defensively. Rim protection would be great, 3 scorers, 2 elite. How good couid that team be in the east?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

No. You dont trade simmons.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 183

Games played 11/18/18

Selden - 10 min, 0-3 fg, 0-1 3pt, 0 points, team worst (by a lot) -15
Wiggins - 33 min, 6-18 fg, 1-4 3pt, 4 ast, 4 to, 14 points
Svi - 3 min, 0s
MKMo - 19 min, 1-6 fg, 1-2 3pt, 3 reb, 3 points
Oubre - 29 min, 7-14 fg, 2-6 3pt, 4 reb, 4 ast, 19 points
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

What is the issue with McLemore?
Deleted User 75

Leawood wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:13 am What is the issue with McLemore?
His brother died
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Kyblueblood wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:57 am Something interesting AD had mentioned 6 teams he would have interest in. Philadelphia was one of them.
If they traded Simmons,Fultz (who may never get it together) and a couple of 1st round picks, which would be late, it would be a steal really
How good would they be? Defensively you have 3 all nba talent. I think Embiid finished 2Nd and AD 3rd, Butler is an ass but is a bulldog defensively. Rim protection would be great, 3 scorers, 2 elite. How good couid that team be in the east?
That would leave them with TJ McConnell as their starting PG. So no.
Deleted User 75

If they have embiid AD and Butler then I'm not sure it'd matter who their PG was.

But truthfully I don't think that's a good fit. Too many guys who do the same things and need the ball in their hands. Simmons fits perfectly with embiid. They do different things well. They have a natural chemistry and blend their talents together efficiently and effectively.

You can already see that adding Butler to the mix takes away some of what Simmons does well. Simmons doesn't have a sky high usage rate, but he does need the ball to be most effective....butler also needs the ball....

Butler will work out fine for now, and maybe they'll learn to utilize Simmons and Butler together better as they get more experience with each other....but it's not a natural fit. They'd be better off pairing a guy like Beal with Simmons and embiid, at least offensively.

We will see how they continue to grow....but until I see Simmons and Butler both have big games on the same night I will remain skeptical.....so far it has been either/or. 1 has a big game while the other is quiet (relative to typical output you'd expect).

I'd rather have embiid AD and Simmons than Embiid AD and Butler.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

I wouod too, but New Orleans has Holiday at guard. They wouldn’t want Butler on a max.
Deleted User 75

Kyblueblood wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:29 pm I wouod too, but New Orleans has Holiday at guard. They wouldn’t want Butler on a max.
True.

I don't think Philly will be in play for AD when it comes down to it. Lakers are going to have better players to offer.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

clearly some frustrations in phoenix

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-jackson-y ... 14806.html
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

This shouldn't be that big of a surprise. Jackson needs to be on a good team. In the right situation he could become the 3rd best player on a good team. On the wrong team, he's a package player in a trade.

Wiggs has a similar ceiling, maybe a tad higher, but has a much better floor--which is why he's going to last longer and make much more money than Jackson. But Wiggs's ceiling is depressingly low because it looks like he's another Rudy Gay.
Deleted User 75

....not that there is anything wrong with being a "rudy gay"....we just all had higher hopes for him than that I think.
Deleted User 183

randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:26 pm clearly some frustrations in phoenix

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-jackson-y ... 14806.html
I'd be frustrated too if I was busting my ass for the worst organization in the NBA and had a teammate getting paid close to 12 million a year who either doesn't understand the basic fundamentals of the game or just doesn't give a flying fudge.
He needs out asap.