Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 183

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Seems like Oubre is now cutting into Jacksons minutes now that Booker is back....Oubre playing well tonight. Has also played well the last 3 or 4 games since he's settled into the rotation after the trade.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:41 pm Seems like Oubre is now cutting into Jacksons minutes now that Booker is back....Oubre playing well tonight. Has also played well the last 3 or 4 games since he's settled into the rotation after the trade.
wouldnt be suprised to see the suns move jackson for a talented young point guard. theyve expressed a lot of interested in dennis smith jr
Deleted User 75

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:46 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:41 pm Seems like Oubre is now cutting into Jacksons minutes now that Booker is back....Oubre playing well tonight. Has also played well the last 3 or 4 games since he's settled into the rotation after the trade.
wouldnt be suprised to see the suns move jackson for a talented young point guard. theyve expressed a lot of interested in dennis smith jr
They may have tried...but Mavs have said they're pulling Smith Jr off the trading block and are going to try to fix their issues. Whatever that means.

As far as Jackson with the suns, a lot just depends on if they play Booker as PG or SG. Tonight melton got in foul trouble so booker moved to the 1 and Jackson and Oubre were out there together for a bit. Oubre just looks better than Josh....and the organization still seems to favor TJ Warren as the starter, so it's a weird fit right now. Melton has done alright I guess, so they're still going with him right now at PG.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Oubre is a better player than Josh Jackson right now. he's older. which helps. but he can shoot better. in todays NBA you have to be able to shoot and JJ is still working on that
Deleted User 75

randylahey wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:09 pm Oubre is a better player than Josh Jackson right now. he's older. which helps. but he can shoot better. in todays NBA you have to be able to shoot and JJ is still working on that
I think oubre is just better period. He's a complementary player and his skill set fits that role better than JJ. Oubre is quicker, a better defender, and a better shooter.

They actually can play together....I hope PHX ends up with a lineup of Booker Oubre Warren Jackson Ayton.....but I'm not sure if they'll do it.
Deleted User 75

Svi getting some early minutes tonight. Good for him.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Random Jayhawk sighting of the day. Just ran into Kirk Hinrich at my nephew's swim meet in Elkhorn, NE. Go Jayhawks!
Deleted User 183

Deleted User 183

Kelly and Josh both > Wiggins yesterday.
Not sure what does and doesn't motivate Wiggins but obviously getting paid has no bearing on it.
On a side note, Derrick Rose should be an all-star and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he wins the 6th man of the year.
Deleted User 183

Josh Jax had a monster game in a 27 points loss to Wiggins and the TWolves.
31 minutes, 10-18 fg, 2-4 3pt, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks, 27 points.

Benny Mac got some clock and scored 10 points in 13 minutes against the Raptors.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Gutter wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:03 am Kelly and Josh both > Wiggins yesterday.
Not sure what does and doesn't motivate Wiggins but obviously getting paid has no bearing on it.
On a side note, Derrick Rose should be an all-star and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he wins the 6th man of the year.
Saw a couple minutes of the game last night and there was a nice all-Jayhawk sequence, except for Wiggins being on the losing side. Wiggins drove middle and tried to posterize Oubre, but Oubre blocked it. Jackson picked up the lose ball and went coast to coast for a big dunk.
Deleted User 75

Embiid having another incredible game. Just scored 16pts straight for 76ers in 4th quarter. Close battle with Spurs going on.
Deleted User 183

Dare I say the Sixers very well may play better as a team without Butler?
Last night Embiid 33 and 19 and Simmons had 21 points, 10 boards, 15 assists. Redick had a solid game too. All in a WIN.
Deleted User 75

They're not better without Butler.

Embiid and Simmons both have about a 2.5% usage increase when he's not on the floor, so obviously they'll have better individual stats....but I think they've got a better record with butler than without (not positive on that, haven't checked lately).

As much as people want to hate Butler, which they have every right to do, it's foolish to think a "team" is better off having TJ McConnell or Corey Brewer play major minutes instead of Jimmy Butler.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

it's not necessarily foolish...that's just a dumb statement

it's entirely possible that those others, while not as individually talented, are a better fit as far as chemistry goes

i don't know
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If your 3rd player makes your number 1 and number 2 player worse, then you could very well be better off with a different and worse 3rd player.

I'm not necessarily saying that's the case here, but Butler has always thought of himself as an alpha, when really he should be a great complementary player.
Deleted User 75

Butler plays as a complimentary player next to Embiid and Simmons. He's not taking away a ton of shots from either. I've seen stats that show their (Embiid and Simmons) efficiency is nearly the same or slightly better with Jimmy rather than without, even though their usage is slightly down (as expected).

Everyone wants to hate Butler because he bashed Wiggins. I get it. But Embiid and Butler don't have issues. They're learning to play together. Butler isnt jacking up a ton of ill-advised shots or making Embiid worse. Butler is a dog on defense. McConnell was getting abused on defense last night. Same with brewer. Same with Shamet.

Last night Embiid played without Butler and was still regularly catching the ball on the perimeter and taking jumpers. It's not something that happens exclusively when Butler is on the floor.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

they could be a better team without butler. he causes chemistry problems everywhere he goes. and has a lot higher opinion of himself than is realistic. his playstyle might not be the best fit with the core of that team and philadelphia might end up regretting making that trade. especially if he doesnt stay in philly
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

butler also believes he needs to be a more featured option in the offense. and have more plays set up for him with more isolation opportunities. which is going to come at the expense of a generational talent who is the most imposing big man in the league.

they still need some time to gel as a team. figure out how to utilize/maximize their talent together. might work out. might not