Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 75 »

The way the rotate Embiid in and out leaves plenty of opportunity for Butler. Embiid usually starts and plays about 4-5min, then sits until about 5min left in each quarter. Butler and Simmons work well together in those segments typically.

Embiid and Simmons are an odd fit in the first place. Embiid makes the pace slow and Simmons needs it fast.....the best solution for them is to figure out how to blend their 2 very unique talents...and for the most part they are...they're both still developing and continually learning how to play with each other. Their future is bright if they trust the process.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Wiggins with a solid game last night. Far from spectacular but solid in a win. 23 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists. Svi got 7 minutes and made the most of them. 2-4 shooting 3s.
Unfortunately Josh Jax followed up his stellar game with a dud in terms of shooting. 2-10 fg and 0-4 3pt. He did have 9 boards. Kelly had a nice game. 18 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks.
Boom Cheick/a Boom had 16 points and 4 boards last night.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

stellar stat line by Oubs
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:05 am stellar stat line by Oubs
He's been rejuvenated by the change of scenery. He also fits next to Booker much better than Josh or TJ Warren. Could be a good fit, even though it's a terrible organization.
Deleted User 183

What gang is Wayne in? The Jesus and Mary Chain Gang?

Deleted User 183

Deleted User 183

Wiggins 35 points in a loss.
Svi 0-5 with an assist and a steal in a win.
Who had the better day?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Svi could go to the beach, Wiggs was in MN.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Diallo evolving a very tough turnaround.

https://twitter.com/nba_jayhawks/status ... 33216?s=21
I am, I said.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Self shoulda played him more.
Deleted User 75

10min more per game and he'd have developed that level of skill years ago. Instead it's taken him several years of NBA coaching to develop.

Or, maybe it just takes time. Years of hard work. Not 200 extra minutes of game play in college.
Deleted User 75

In all seriousness though, diallo is coming along nicely.

Word is that Randle and Mirotic are now both on the trading block since it's becoming clear AD is gone either via trade this year/next year or via free agency after next year.

Holiday is the only piece they're intent on keeping. Diallo could carve out a nice role next year when they go into total rebuild mode.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"10min more per game and he'd have developed that level of skill years ago."

I didn't say that.
You are a master of failure to either a. read or b. interpret.
Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:01 am
I didn't say that.
Correct. That's why I didn't quote you. I wasn't responding to your post. I was making a sarcastic comment.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

This is exactly why I argued to illy a year ago that the Bulls were closer to a championship team than the Pelcs were. True then, true today.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:37 am This is exactly why I argued to illy a year ago that the Bulls were closer to a championship team than the Pelcs were. True then, true today.
I still don't see it. Holiday is still better than the Bulls best player, by a wide margin.

They're going to lose AD, and either get 3 good young players from the Celtics or 3 good young players from the Lakers....at which point the Pelicans will be better than the bulls, again.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You weren't responding to my post?
You were just sarcastically making a comment from Sokulus's post.
My mistake then.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:39 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:37 am This is exactly why I argued to illy a year ago that the Bulls were closer to a championship team than the Pelcs were. True then, true today.
I still don't see it. Holiday is still better than the Bulls best player, by a wide margin.

They're going to lose AD, and either get 3 good young players from the Celtics or 3 good young players from the Lakers....at which point the Pelicans will be better than the bulls, again.
I guess if they pull the trade off right, then I might agree. I just have a hard time thinking they will do it right. Most teams don't. But, it certainly looks better now that they don't have a Cousins contract noose.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:51 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:39 am

I guess if they pull the trade off right, then I might agree. I just have a hard time thinking they will do it right. Most teams don't. But, it certainly looks better now that they don't have a Cousins contract noose.
Apparently AD is now leaking that his desired landing spot is the Lakers and that if he's traded anywhere else it'll be a 1 year rental...doing this potentially means the Lakers can offer less than market value for him because nobody else is going to drain their roster for a 1 year rental most likely.

So who knows. Lonzo and Holiday may be a decent fit. Holiday worked well with rondo...I'd imagine the other piece would be Ingram, but I'm just not sold on him as a future star. Kuzma would be the 3rd desirable piece, but Lakers may not want to part ways with him.

I guess I'd place the chances of a title at 0% for both the pelicans and bulls over the next 6 years. So we're splitting hairs either way.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ingram, Ball, next years 1st round pick might get it done.