Video Games

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Video Games

Post by twocoach »

Hadnt played a ps4 game in a while but purchased Assassin's Creed Odyssey and love it.

Someone let me know how Red Dead Redemption II is. It comes out today and I will be getting it when I finish AC.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Video Games

Post by pdub »

I loved Red Dead One so I'll be getting Red Dead 2 eventually.
Also excited for Last of Us 2.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I lost my battle with the PS4.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Top 5 video games ( console ):
1. Zelda Ocarina of Time
2. GoldenEye
3. Skyrim
4. Last of Us
5. Madden ( specifically Madden 05 )

Honorable mentions: Super Mario Bros, Castlevania II, Legend of Zelda, Eternal Darkness, FIFA 04, NCAABB 09, Red Dead Redemption, Resident Evil 2

If we're including computer games, I'd put Starcraft as 1 and Diablo II as 5, eliminating Last of Us and Madden.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:50 pm Top 5 video games ( console ):
1. Zelda Ocarina of Time
2. GoldenEye
3. Skyrim
4. Last of Us
5. Madden ( specifically Madden 05 )

Honorable mentions: Super Mario Bros, Castlevania II, Legend of Zelda, Eternal Darkness, FIFA 04, NCAABB 09, Red Dead Redemption, Resident Evil 2

If we're including computer games, I'd put Starcraft as 1 and Diablo II as 5, eliminating Last of Us and Madden.
I have to yell at my kid ALL THE DAMN TIME for wanting to do nothing but play video games, so...I don't get to play video games much.

My Top 5:

1. NCAA Football 2004-08
2. Grand Theft Auto III
3. NBA 2k8-present (I presume)
4. Madden 2000*
5. GoldenEye

* It is astounding to me that the NFL hasn't paid whatever sum is necessary to wipe all evidence of the Madden 2000 intro video (below) off the face of the earth (and also the internet). It (and the game's sales figures) should just be Exhibit A in every concussion lawsuit ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO7Zvfe_UX0
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Games that I could easily spend hours playing. Which makes my list.

1. NCAA Football. Nothing beat it.
2. Madden
3. Super Smash Bros
4. Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest
5. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 83

Post by Deleted User 83 »

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2. Mario 3
3. Super Bases Loaded 2
4. Rocket League
5. Tiger Woods '08
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Wifflehead wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:31 am 1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2. Mario 3
3. Super Bases Loaded 2
4. Rocket League
5. Tiger Woods '08
There was something special about NES and Sega games where not all was explained/known. For instance, I would swear to you that there's still things about pitching in Bases Loaded 2 that people have not figured out. I do know that if you really wanted to throw that big, looping curve, you needed to makes loops around the d-pad during the windup.

Tiger '08 was a glaring omission from my list. That game sucked a year and a half of my life. That is one I definitely did figure out, and my friends and I would routinely shoot in the 40s.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

super techmo bowl

/thread
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Revisiting this thread. With the football season coming to an end pretty soon, my time playing Madden 20 will wrap up in the next month or two. As a person with a pretty bad collector gene, I only play the Madden Ultimate Team these days. Fun to throw passes from Mahomes to Tony G and then hand off to Bo Jackson.

Anyone got any recommended PS4 games they really like? I played through RDR II and got pretty close to finishing it through to 100% a second time so kinda done with that. I haven't played any COD type shooters online in a while, dont want to listen to a bunch of teens cuss at me.

Looking for a new single player game.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:52 am Revisiting this thread. With the football season coming to an end pretty soon, my time playing Madden 20 will wrap up in the next month or two. As a person with a pretty bad collector gene, I only play the Madden Ultimate Team these days. Fun to throw passes from Mahomes to Tony G and then hand off to Bo Jackson.

Anyone got any recommended PS4 games they really like? I played through RDR II and got pretty close to finishing it through to 100% a second time so kinda done with that. I haven't played any COD type shooters online in a while, dont want to listen to a bunch of teens cuss at me.

It's not the cussing, it's the comprehensive ass-kicking. If you're out of practice on those games, your virtual dude will be in seven or more virtual pieces within nine seconds of spawning, all at the hands of some (possibly my) dipshit 12-year-old.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:44 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:52 am Revisiting this thread. With the football season coming to an end pretty soon, my time playing Madden 20 will wrap up in the next month or two. As a person with a pretty bad collector gene, I only play the Madden Ultimate Team these days. Fun to throw passes from Mahomes to Tony G and then hand off to Bo Jackson.

It's not the cussing, it's the comprehensive ass-kicking. If you're out of practice on those games, your virtual dude will be in seven or more virtual pieces within nine seconds of spawning, all at the hands of some (possibly my) dipshit 12-year-old.
I enjoy teaming up with our youngest son and chasing him as he knife murders several dozen enemies in a Team Deathmatch.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Are there skill levels to these things? I have a PS4 and have basically quit trying to use it. I recently set it up again in the new house when I installed the surround sound. Right now I am just using it as a glorified DVD player. I'm feeling the need to try again.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:44 am It's not the cussing, it's the comprehensive ass-kicking. If you're out of practice on those games, your virtual dude will be in seven or more virtual pieces within nine seconds of spawning, all at the hands of some (possibly my) dipshit 12-year-old.
Yup.

The last time I played a FPS online was when I first got the PS4 Battlefront package.
I said, 'what the hell,' went online, was in some sort of trench, left said trench after 5 seconds, dead from head shot. Tried again and stayed in trench but realized I had to leave trench. Left trench, dead from head shot.

Next.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:21 pm Are there skill levels to these things? I have a PS4 and have basically quit trying to use it. I recently set it up again in the new house when I installed the surround sound. Right now I am just using it as a glorified DVD player. I'm feeling the need to try again.
Get something like Call Of Duty WWII and play the single player campaign on rookie.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Silent Hill 2
Adventures of Lolo (all of them)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:52 am Looking for a new single player game.
Heard good things about God of War and Witcher 3 Wild Hunt but never got around to buying them.
Call of Duty WWII is a 1st person shooter but has a good single player campaign.
I have less time to play these days so I usually just fire up a game of Madden or fuck around on Skyrim for an hour.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I already played God of War. Beautiful but way too short and zero replay desirability.

I'll stick with Madden MUT until I find something.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

COD WW2 is pretty fun, mostly because of the simplicity of weapons.

Quick scope is freaking dumb...in all CODs
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I have a Call of Duty game. Ghosts? I think. I'm terrible at it. Haven't gotten far enough to even see an enemy.
Defense. Rebounds.