Video Games

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Video Games

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:59 amUnder/over though?
I'll take the over (if that would mean, like, December 6). But not by much.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:40 am The peak of my first person shooter skills was long ago at Perfect Dark.
Ah yes, Grown-Up Goldeneye.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Yeah, PDub. That happens. It's really no more than a couple/few hours to get the game to slow down. But I get it.

I think I've always been in the top 15-20% of players in most FPS' I've ventured into. So, I don't have a huge curve most of the time. Thankfully.

This said, RTS and such, I'm horribly slow to react in-game. I'd like to play the new Cities: Skyline, but I know it will hurt my head. I love city building games.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:15 am Yeah, PDub. That happens. It's really no more than a couple/few hours to get the game to slow down. But I get it.

I think I've always been in the top 15-20% of players in most FPS' I've ventured into. So, I don't have a huge curve most of the time. Thankfully.

This said, RTS and such, I'm horribly slow to react in-game. I'd like to play the new Cities: Skyline, but I know it will hurt my head. I love city building games.
I've been playing Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic on my iPad when traveling lately. Two hours disappears pretty damn fast.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:25 am
Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:15 am Yeah, PDub. That happens. It's really no more than a couple/few hours to get the game to slow down. But I get it.

I've been playing Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic on my iPad when traveling lately. Two hours disappears pretty damn fast.
I found RCT2 on steam that was hiding in a menu I put it in. Installed it and found there is an app that integrates all the expansion packs and stuff, which was great...but yes, incredible time suck.

Starfield stole a bunch of hours from me when it came out before I got sick earlier this year.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

My only issue with COD is the bullshit "quick scope". (outside of aimbotting cunts)

My few experiences on WarZone have been 10-15 min of me respawning after getting my melon canoed every 11 seconds by some dork 2 miles away. Followed by a FTS and over to ESPN.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Still playing Diablo 4 waiting for whatever the next interesting game will be. Not sure what is coming out soon.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I just got to play 2 hours of Diablo last week.
I'm still way way early and love it.
There's nothing like, after your last run in the wild, coming back to town and gambling at the Purveyor of Curiosities and landing a Legendary that is specific to your build.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Can confirm: Trad and I played a bunch today and had a blast. I may even help make him get better ;)

Plano- are you nick o teen? That’s only request I saw.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Yes
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:57 pm Can confirm: Trad and I played a bunch today and had a blast. I may even help make him get better ;)
good times for sure
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I have nothing to add video games wise...but nick o teen made me immediately start singing this...I dunno just the way my mind works I guess. Hadn't thought about this guy in years and years.

https://youtu.be/Yc-de_RSxHM?si=s-XLxD96K6GkGJUf
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:43 am I just got to play 2 hours of Diablo last week.
I'm still way way early and love it.
There's nothing like, after your last run in the wild, coming back to town and gambling at the Purveyor of Curiosities and landing a Legendary that is specific to your build.
Nice, I am so far in that there isn't anything that you can get at a shop that is an upgrade to what I have. Everything I find just gets junked at the blacksmith for parts in pursuit of the last few Ancestral Unique items for my build. Just need a few more pieces to be maxed out.

I do wish there was something to do with all the money. I think I have about 750 million in gold just sitting there with nothing to do with it. I don't even bother to go out of my way to pick it up anymore, which has cranked up the speed I can fly through significantly. And I have no idea why any game would cap the level at a certain point. All it does is give players an excuse to stop playing the game. Bummed that I can't also just endlessly add paragon boards. Missed opportunities by the game developers for sure.

But yeah, I am now down to trying to complete all the obscure challenges and achievements and trying to find the last few possible gear upgrades. I can't put it down until I get as close to 100% done as possible.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm gathering you've already spent all you can at the Occultist to reroll all your items to be exactly what you're looking for ( with 750 million gold ).

In Diablo 3 you could use gold when you were doing rifts from what I remember.
The more you spent the more powerful your rift would become and while that meant more difficult enemies, it also meant way better loot.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:13 am I have nothing to add video games wise...but nick o teen made me immediately start singing this...I dunno just the way my mind works I guess. Hadn't thought about this guy in years and years.

https://youtu.be/Yc-de_RSxHM?si=s-XLxD96K6GkGJUf
I made that name when playing WW2.

I thought Sgt. Nick O’Teen is a cool WW2 name
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:47 am I'm gathering you've already spent all you can at the Occultist to reroll all your items to be exactly what you're looking for ( with 750 million gold ).

In Diablo 3 you could use gold when you were doing rifts from what I remember.
The more you spent the more powerful your rift would become and while that meant more difficult enemies, it also meant way better loot.
I could probably revisit there to tune a few things that I have added lately. Thanks for the reminder.

Not sure what the rifts are. Diablo 4 has Nightmare Dungeons that you can go to and get some decent loot. That's one of the 3 spots I can go to have a chance at getting the gear I am looking for. Otherwise it is the Helltides and the Season of Blood stuff where you can score some of the Ancestral Unique items. I only have maybe 4 pieces left. Although at this pace, it will probably be another month before I get the exact ones I want as they are really rare drops. There's a few dungeons that have a higher % of elite opponents so they have a better chance of getting what I need. It's all just farming at this point.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Rifts were randomly generated dungeons with randomly generated monsters and bosses.
You'd have a certain amount of time ( I want to say they were like 20 minute runs ) to kill a certain % of monsters and the main boss.

If you did so you got a big cache of stuff from the main boss and then some specific items you needed to imprint or imbue or whatever.

You could level them up with gold ( was a good way to spend it ).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

As a Dungeons and Dragons nerd myself, I look forward to the time in my life when I can justify purchasing the number one game on that last, Baldurs Gate 3, which may not be soon since I'm not even 10% through the number ten game on that list.

So maybe around when that GTA game is released.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Oh, wow. I don't think I am patient enough to handle Baldur's Gate 3 from the looks of it. Very technical and precise for a button masher like me.