Video Games

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Video Games

Post by KUTradition »

most online options don’t appeal to me for the very reason 2coach mentioned

but, i do rather enjoy online co-op options where it’s more than just seeking out other players and killing them (actual objectives/missions)…most of the time
Last edited by KUTradition on Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://youtu.be/QdBZY2fkU-0?si=Xjm9QnuED6YusIga

looks like a bit of Bonny & Clyde for GTA VI
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:43 am https://youtu.be/QdBZY2fkU-0?si=Xjm9QnuED6YusIga

looks like a bit of Bonny & Clyde for GTA VI
My son very excitedly texted me about this last night (as did a friend of mine with whom I played GTA III).

It looks amazing of course...but I cannot even begin to think of where I'd find the twenty three-hour chunks I'd need to really dive in. Do I need surgery or a leave of absence of some kind? And what do I do with Mrs. Fish?

I'll think on it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Coming 2025.
Which means probably 2026.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:05 am Coming 2025.
Which means probably 2026.
Sounds right. But, they've sure got the benefit of the doubt from me anyway.

Plus, that puts me closer to when I'll start losing kids (at least I'll have two driving by then), so that's helpful to my chances of ever playing it for more than a token half hour.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I know I'm one of the only ones that plays Warzone here (I haven't played in months), but I'm hopeful the new version will revert back more closely to the original version. Of course, part of the joy during that time was it was Covid times, so everyone played all the time, being at home constantly.

I guess we shall see.

Not really a fan of the game as it pertains to in game skins, toxicity of the community, overpowered aim assist for controller players (why so many PC gamers play with controller now vs. M&K). But I am a sucker for the shoot em up, and love the intelligence needed to actually be decent strategically in the game. Sigh. I haven't bought the new CoD (no way am I spending $70 on a hot turd), but I'll try to get it if/when it goes on decent sale price.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I have reached the "dead twelve times and getting teabagged by teens' virtual avatars before I have figured out how to switch guns" stage of things.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:28 pm I know I'm one of the only ones that plays Warzone here (I haven't played in months), but I'm hopeful the new version will revert back more closely to the original version. Of course, part of the joy during that time was it was Covid times, so everyone played all the time, being at home constantly.

I guess we shall see.

Not really a fan of the game as it pertains to in game skins, toxicity of the community, overpowered aim assist for controller players (why so many PC gamers play with controller now vs. M&K). But I am a sucker for the shoot em up, and love the intelligence needed to actually be decent strategically in the game. Sigh. I haven't bought the new CoD (no way am I spending $70 on a hot turd), but I'll try to get it if/when it goes on decent sale price.
i’m diggin on the zombies mode in MWIII
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Yeah, I get bored with most zombie games in general, and with this iteration, no PvP seems like a waste. But i do understand that people like it.

If you start warzone tomorrow or in future, let me know.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I am mostly playing TD in MW3 or Vanguard lately
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Overlander wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:30 pm I am mostly playing TD in MW3 or Vanguard lately
I mean, you tell me JFK to my posts as much as anything, but that doesn't mean we can't play warzone if you play. Send me a PM if interested and I'll send you my info.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:42 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:28 pm I know I'm one of the only ones that plays Warzone here (I haven't played in months), but I'm hopeful the new version will revert back more closely to the original version. Of course, part of the joy during that time was it was Covid times, so everyone played all the time, being at home constantly.

I guess we shall see.

i’m diggin on the zombies mode in MWIII
send me your info if you jumping into warzone at all.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Take-Two Interactive (NASDAQ:TTWO) dropped 1.5% on Thursday before the market open amid a downgrade from Bank of America amid worries about timing for Grand Theft Auto VI.

The bank dropped its rating to Neutral from Buy with a $170 price target on the assumption that Grand Theft Auto VI won't launch until closer to the end of 2025, among other reasons.

Current earnings estimates for the video game company assume the game will hit the market in March of 2025, analysts Omar Dessouky and Arthur Chu wrote in a note. Those estimates are likely to tumble 20% before August as Bank of America assumes release will be later than expected. Not all investors are likely to have enough patience to wait, the bank said...[/b]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Under/over GTA VI release date is set at Dec 1 2025.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

So Trad and I have played a few WZ matches. I think he just changed his in-game name to 'Capt Clutch' (I'll let him explain).

Anyone else, let us know and join up. The one thing WZ is with other people is fun, especially with decent in-game comms.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The peak of my first person shooter skills was long ago at Perfect Dark.
I played Call of Duty WWII on easy and still died several times.
Not my forte.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:39 am Under/over GTA VI release date is set at Dec 1 2025.
I think it won't slip much past that...Sony and Microsoft won't allow it. If I understand correctly, a PC port won't follow for months or more, but the console makers absolutely do not want the GTA VI release to slip past the holiday.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Under/over though?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:40 am The peak of my first person shooter skills was long ago at Perfect Dark.
I played Call of Duty WWII on easy and still died several times.
Not my forte.
everyone dies a lot at first. there is definitely a learning curve. and at least one generation of ADHD, adderall addicted twits playing that are gonna be better than you just because.

as a 50 year old that plays on M&K, I still hold my own...relatively speaking.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:00 am there is definitely a learning curve. and at least one generation of ADHD, adderall addicted twits playing that are gonna be better than you just because.
Right.
I don't have the time to dedicate to being good at video games anymore.
The eyeopener was when I got my PS4 back in late 2014-early 2015 and it was the Battlefront Star Wars bundle which came with the game ( only got it because it was something like 30 dollars more than the OG bundle and was the only one available at the time ).

Fired up Battlefront bc what the hell?
Played 30 minutes. Died probably more than 30 times.
I couldn't even walk down a covered trench without being sniped in the head.

No more competitive online for this guy.
Peak was Starcraft when I was in high school and could play 20 hours a week.