Ugh.
ousdahl

VoTeR FrAuD!!!

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Re: VoTeR FrAuD!!!

Post by ousdahl »

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/02/66341734 ... ter-id-law

A federal judge has ruled that Native Americans in North Dakota must comply with the state's recently tightened voter ID law. At the same time, U.S. District Court Judge Daniel Hovland acknowledged that the law had raised concerns.

The controversial law requires North Dakota residents to show identification with a current street address. Many residents of Native American reservations — who tend to vote for Democrats — do not have street addresses. They have Post Office box numbers, and those don't qualify. In October, the Supreme Court declined to overturn the law.

Hovland denied a motion Thursday to exempt Native Americans in certain counties from complying with the law....
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

There's also plenty of initiatives making it more difficult to vote going on in other places, such as Georgia and Kansas, where the GOP candidates for Governor also happen to be the Secretaries of State in charge of administering the election.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Republicans have no shame.

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gerrymander. Lulz.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Feral wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:18 am Republicans have no shame.

Or that many Dem voters are illegal and/or idiotic, in which case it is better that they not vote in the first place.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what do you base that upon?

The widespread voter fraud that Trump’s Voting Integrity Commission found no evidence of?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

A lifetime of experience.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

anecdotal evidence FTW!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:16 am https://www.npr.org/2018/11/02/66341734 ... ter-id-law

A federal judge has ruled that Native Americans in North Dakota must comply with the state's recently tightened voter ID law. At the same time, U.S. District Court Judge Daniel Hovland acknowledged that the law had raised concerns.

The controversial law requires North Dakota residents to show identification with a current street address. Many residents of Native American reservations — who tend to vote for Democrats — do not have street addresses. They have Post Office box numbers, and those don't qualify. In October, the Supreme Court declined to overturn the law.

Hovland denied a motion Thursday to exempt Native Americans in certain counties from complying with the law....

This can't be true. Psych told me that only dems will do anything to hold on to power.

BTW, the situation in Dodge City, KS is just as bad. Thanks Kris Koback from Kansas.
Defense. Rebounds.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Here’s my thought: If voting isn’t important enough to you to ride a bus, get a ride, walk a few blocks, or, God forbid, think far enough ahead to secure a mail-in ballot, maybe you just weren’t meant to vote.

I have scolded multiple students over the past couple of weeks for lame excuses for not voting ranging from, “I don’t have a stamp” to “The voting place is five blocks away. I don’t feel like going that far.” After getting blank looks in response to my incredulity, I just decided it was better that they not vote.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:22 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:16 am https://www.npr.org/2018/11/02/66341734 ... ter-id-law

This can't be true. Psych told me that only dems will do anything to hold on to power.

BTW, the situation in Dodge City, KS is just as bad. Thanks Kris Koback from Kansas.
What is bad about the Dodge City situation? That there are people inconvenienced by the location of the larger venue with more parking? God forbid!

The Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves right now.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait, that was supposed to be a question?

And how many buses are you supposed to ride?

Howsabout we have automatic voter registration and polling places on every corner?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Here's my thought; why are the election officials lying about why the closed the only polling place for 13,000 people and move it to the most difficult place they can find? Then why are they lying about where it is?

And then LOLing about it in emails to KK of K.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and without brushing up on my knowledge of this story, I’ll wager a guess that Dodge City has some population of minorities who are expected to vote democrat?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:34 pm and without brushing up on my knowledge of this story, I’ll wager a guess that Dodge City has some population of minorities who are expected to vote democrat?

Majority Latino.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

called it, LOL
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:29 pm Wait, that was supposed to be a question?

And how many buses are you supposed to ride?

Howsabout we have automatic voter registration and polling places on every corner?
Maybe people should have some respect for the cost of freedom. We seem to have the idea that everything should be rolled right up to our doorstep. In a city the size of Dodge, nothing is terribly far away, unless you’re too lazy to take the trouble.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The ACLU of Kansas filed a lawsuit seeking a temporary restraining order against Ford County Clerk Debbie Cox last week after she closed the sole polling location in a city with a near 60 percent Latino population and opened a site out of town.

The ACLU argued that the new polling site, at an exposition center, is not accessible by public transportation and is on a route with few sidewalks.

“Additionally, the total travel time from a centrally located part of Dodge City to the Expo Center would take approximately ninety minutes each way for a voter using public transportation,” the suit charged.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5bdc ... 67a87c0920
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

When are they moving the polls in Johnson County? Or don't they have to pay for the cost of Freedom?

What complete horse grunt.
Defense. Rebounds.