Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 10/29/18

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 183

Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 10/29/18

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I posted on yesterday's thread - As always, some great responses. Thanks kids!

1) Two parter.
At 12:00:01am I turned 52 years old. I admit it. I'm a 52 year old who thinks he's in his late teens and acts like he is in his early teens.
a) If you care to share, how old are you?
b) If you had to pick a specific age, what age do you feel you are?

2) Yesterday for some unknown reason/s I had some bouts of depression throughout the day.
Probably being alone is what led to them. Anyways, sometimes being alone for extended periods of time are actually a good thing for me. Every year I make a point of taking a solo trip - to kind of relax, reflect, unwind, re-charge.
My question is when if ever was the last time you took a solo trip/vacation (2 full days or more) and where did you go?

3) Two parter. So.... The old ex (not the recent one) sent me 3 texts at around 11:00pm last night.
first one was - "Happy early birthday" with a present emoji. She followed it up with a "I talked with my fiancé and he isn't completely comfortable w you and I having dinner. I tried explaining we are only friends but he isn't accepting of it. Hope u understand. Still care about u a lot". She followed that up with a kiss with a heart emoji.
My question regarding her texts is, of course her fiancé shouldn't have been "completely comfortable" with her and I going out to dinner. I would hope she wouldn't have been "completely comfortable" nor would I have been "completely comfortable".
a) So if she and I were to have had dinner together, and she and I started to fool around, do you think she would have told her fiancé?
b) This one is going to take brutal honesty. Have you ever cheated on someone you were in love with?

4) You could go to any restaurant within 50 miles of your home for your birthday dinner. No one has to pay for the dinner and you can go to dinner with as many (up to 10) or as few (just one other) people as you choose. What restaurant do you choose?

5) To you personally, at this moment, which is most important.
a) Inner peace
b) Drinking a cup of coffee
c) Feeling loved
d) Taking a piss or dump
e) Financial security
f) Getting ready for work/school.
Deleted User 183

Re: Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 10/29/18

My answers.....

1) 52 / 24
2) April 2017 / Phoenix/Glendale / Final Four
3) I would hope so / Yes
4) Olive Garden - where else? Ok, being serious, I think I would choose to go to Erie Cafe for Steak Vesuvio.
5) When I posted the question I would have responded getting ready for work.
At this moment, feeling liked/loved.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. 29. Feel like 35

2. Never

3. Yes she would have. And hell no.

4. There's a fairly new steakhouse in Wichita called 6S (Pronounced Success) Steakhouse. Heard they have the best steaks around. Dry aged steaks that are taken care of by the main chef daily.

5. E I guess.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

1. 49/37
2. I haven’t. The closest would be a nearby solo camping trip.
3. No; absolutely not
4. I wouldn’t choose a restaurant. I’d rather be in a home having a dinner party. That would be much more interesting and personal. I’d rather have good people than good food. A restaurant cannot guarantee my definition of good food.
5. a: inner peace
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Happy Bday Gutter!

1. 32, but maybe closer to 16
2. last spring I went on a solo camping/fishing trip to Black Canyon National Park. Pretty sure I talked about it on .net
3. a. I dunno but I don't think that's even worth considering. b. nope, never cheated, at least technically speaking. Then again, I dunno if I've ever been in love either.
4. umm I'll say my go-to up here, The Ditch, a "New Mexican Grill." Hatch green chilis on everything, plus killer margs.
5. coffee!
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

Happy Birthday Gutter!!! (1966 was such a great year ; )...)

1. 52/29
2. 12 or so years ago. NYC
3. Probably. Yes.
4.Like Dr P, I'd rather have a nice dinner party at home. We both love to cook (and host parties) and are generally disappointed when we eat out locally. If ingredients were no limit (for food and cocktails) - I'd love that! If you could expand your distance, then Quality Meats or Gramercy Tavern (both in NYC) are two of my favorites.
5. Feeling loved
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

1. 32/32
2. Never
3. A) no b) no
4. No idea tbh. The funny olive garden response was already taken.
5. C.

Happy late birthday.
Deleted User 183

Thanks for the responses kids and thank's for the happy birthday/s!
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Happy Birthday!
Don't inject Lysol.