Automobiles

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Automobiles

Post by jfish26 »

I'm not sure Tesla's target market is "primarily environmentally friendly progressive types."

I think it's more like "primarily the type who virtue-signals being the environmentally friendly progressive type."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:58 pm I'm not sure Tesla's target market is "primarily environmentally friendly progressive types."

I think it's more like "primarily the type who virtue-signals being the environmentally friendly progressive type."
they’ve supplanted the prius
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, most of being environmentally friendly IS the virtue signaling
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

BP aims to buy Tesla supercharging sites for U.S. expansion - Bloomberg

BP's (NYSE:BP) electric vehicle charging business is eager to snap up Tesla (TSLA) Supercharer sites across the U.S., along with the workers behind them, and plans to spend $1B to expand its network, bp pulse Americas boss Sujay Sharma said Thursday in a Bloomberg interview.

BP (BP) is "aggressively looking to acquire real estate to scale our network, which is a heightened focus following the recent Tesla announcement," Sharma said, adding that the business expects to spend $1B by 2030, half of it within the next 2-3 years to install 3K-plus charging points across the U.S.

Tesla (TSLA) recently laid off most of its Supercharger team, seeking to grow its EV charging network at a slower pace, and Sharma said BP (BP) is "actively seeking good talent and real estate opportunities that allow us to help grow, despite whatever else is going on around us."

The company agreed last year to procure ~$100M of Tesla (TSLA) Supercharger hardware, with deployment expected to start later this year and early 2025, Sharma told Bloomberg.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

auto insurance is such a scam.

my insurance climbed 18% last year, an additional 22% this year.

I called, they said it's company wife increases blah blah...

I said ok. Can I have a breakdown, itemized list of what exactly I'm paying for and qhat things can be cut.

I never got that, but magically I got a letter and a refund check and somehow my insurance premiums (for the same vehicles and same coverage) have no dropped 50%. So..for those keeping track, it's now like 18% less than what I was paying 2 years ago before these supposed nationwide increases.

If that doesn't tell you that all the numbers are a scam and not based in reality I don't know what does. They know everybody is required to have it and they just throw numbers at you and expect/know people will pay it.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The company wife increases puzzled me, TDub. One per customer. The company wide stuff I do get. My daughter is with the industry. Bad year of weather and Kia Boys stuff. Glad they reduced your premium.