Who is the GOAT

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Who is the GOAT

Post by ousdahl »

I’ve cooled about loving to hate lebron, but yea, douche move.

Right on up there with when Metallica released their shitty album Some Kind Of Monster, then subsequently tried to sue anyone who used the word “monster,” including Monster guitar cables, Disney’s Monsters Inc., and also anyone who made the little devil horns with their hands at a rock concert.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Seems LeBron is a little late to the game.

https://priceonomics.com/the-trademarki ... o-tuesday/
Deleted User 266

May have already been posted but Ray Allen chimed in last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GZCjhl5tv8

Kawhi > Lebron last night? Debatable but what's not debatable is that a Paul Georgeless Clippers team beat a semi-depleted Lakers team last night. Lakers bench scored 19. Clippers bench scored 60.
Lakers on pace to be 0-82. Clippers on pace to be 82-0.
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

I was really surprised how bad the Lakers looked. Clippers are going to be a handful once fully healthy. I'm not a believer in some of their guys, but Kawhi, PG, Beverly, Harrell, and Lou are going to be so solid.

In the other game: how about Siakam? That dude is the definition of development thru hard work and dedication. From G league to a Max contract, he's a beast. VanVleet with a huge game as well in his first game as a main piece instead of supporting cast role.

On the flip side: what is NO doing with Lonzo? He was on the bench for long stretches in the 4th....Reddick is going to be huge for them. The fact Holiday had a pretty terrible game and they almost won is a good sign...don't think they'll make the playoffs at this moment, but I think they'll play in a lot of close games.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i know it’s early, but i would pay money for the lakers to not even make the playoffs
Deleted User 286

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:45 am i know it’s early, but i would pay money for the lakers to not even make the playoffs
Because of the hype? Or just because you dislike LeBron?

Without injuries it's not going to be possible for them to miss the playoffs with AD and LeBron....but after watching last night, and seeing Danny Green is their 3rd best player, they are not going to be a top 4 team in the west....Houston, Denver, Portland, and LAC are all significantly better than them.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:52 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:45 am i know it’s early, but i would pay money for the lakers to not even make the playoffs
both
Deleted User 286

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:58 am
both
I think I saw yesterday they're the Vegas favorite to win the title at like 3-1. LOL @ that. I'd put them about 8th.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Without injuries it's not going to be possible for them to miss the playoffs with AD and LeBron....but after watching last night, and seeing Danny Green is their 3rd best player, they are not going to be a top 4 team in the west....Houston, Denver, Portland, and LAC are all significantly better than them.
You realize last night's game was "with injuries", so to use that game to call Danny Green their 3rd best player and the reason they won't be a top 4 seed is illogical. Not that I don't agree with you. I'm confused how they are the Vegas favorites as well. Both teams fully healthy, they aren't even the best team in their own city.
Deleted User 286

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:02 am

You realize last night's game was "with injuries", so to use that game to call Danny Green their 3rd best player and the reason they won't be a top 4 seed is illogical. Not that I don't agree with you. I'm confused how they are the Vegas favorites as well. Both teams fully healthy, they aren't even the best team in their own city.
My bad, forgot about Kuzma in the rankings of their best players. So Danny Green as 4th best player...although I guess rondo is close?

I just don't understand what good rondo does if LeBron and AD are both going to control the offense by being on the ball.
Deleted User 266

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:12 am

both
I think I saw yesterday they're the Vegas favorite to win the title at like 3-1. LOL @ that. I'd put them about 8th.
I'll make you a wager - Malnati's pizza.
I'll take the Lakers to finish top 5 in the West. You have 6th or below. Deal?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lebron looks like he got a GOAT touch-up job on his hair plugs.

plus his headband is bigger and thicker and blacker than ever
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Xing James definitely addressed the bald spot. Which, makes sense considering he's more of a Space Jam movie star and aspiring politician now.

Even more seriously, though, I think last night was telling in that LeBron is no longer going to be the best player on the court in every single game he plays.

How fast will he completely fall off? How long will he really desire to hold on?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:06 am

My bad, forgot about Kuzma in the rankings of their best players. So Danny Green as 4th best player...although I guess rondo is close?

I just don't understand what good rondo does if LeBron and AD are both going to control the offense by being on the ball.
Rondo's role is to do exactly what Patrick Beverly does. Play nothing but defense and every game there's a chance the other teams best player will get ejected because they get so annoyed they punch him, lol.
Deleted User 266

LeBron disrespected the anthem last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO7Ri43g-dE
Deleted User 286

Paul1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:31 am
both
Eeeekk.....I'll be a pussy and pass because I can't figure out who I think can secure 5th ahead of them?....probably Spurs or Mavs?
Deleted User 286

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:33 am Lebron looks like he got a GOAT touch-up job on his hair plugs.

plus his headband is bigger and thicker and blacker than ever
It's been said before, but his hairline/baldness is the 2nd greatest comeback in sports history behind Tiger winning the masters last year.
Deleted User 266

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:37 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:06 am

Rondo's role is to do exactly what Patrick Beverly does. Play nothing but defense and every game there's a chance the other teams best player will get ejected because they get so annoyed they punch him, lol.
I'm not sure what their exact roles are but Rondo is a guy who led the league in assists multiple times, averaged 6 or more rebounds per game more than one season, and averaged taking double digit shots multiple seasons.
I just looked it up. I didn't realize Beverly has averaged 37.9% 3pt shooting for his career. Comparatively, Kawhi has averaged 38.3 and George has averaged 37.8.
Deleted User 266

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:51 am

Eeeekk.....I'll be a pussy and pass because I can't figure out who I think can secure 5th ahead of them?....probably Spurs or Mavs?
That's not being a pussy so much as it's realizing a team with LeBron, AD, Kuzma, Danny Green, Rondo, Dwight Howard, etc., should never be doubted based on the other teams in the West.
Deleted User 286

Paul1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:02 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:51 am

That's not being a pussy so much as it's realizing a team with LeBron, AD, Kuzma, Danny Green, Rondo, Dwight Howard, etc., should never be doubted based on the other teams in the West.
I'd like to get a few looks at Houston, Dallas, Portland, and the Spurs before rushing to any judgement....I'm likely a prisoner of the moment after last night.