Beaty Fired:

Kansas Football.
HouseDivided

Re: Beaty Fired:

Post by HouseDivided »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:07 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:26 pm I still don’t understand the basis for Beaty’s claim. He was paid very well to bring good players to KU and to win football games. He failed miserably at both and was invited not to come back because of it. None of that adds up to KU owing him millions of dollars.
Your stupidity is impressive
Thanks. It all makes perfect sense now.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:12 pm Sometimes the best legal moves aren’t great for PR.

Fans and journalists have a hard time understanding that.
I agree.

Was this the "best legal move"?
I know that's a dumb question when it comes to KU's feelings on the decision.
What are your feelings?
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Judy was the right from the beginning on third
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

this
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Grandma wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:51 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:12 pm Sometimes the best legal moves aren’t great for PR.

Fans and journalists have a hard time understanding that.
I agree.

Was this the "best legal move"?
I know that's a dumb question when it comes to KU's feelings on the decision.
What are your feelings?
I can't say for sure, but the facts are that withholding the money and opening themselves up to suit did not save KU any money. Why settle now for that much? Which, makes me believe the motivation behind withholding was not the money at all.

I trust that KU's lawyers felt they had good reason to drag it out like this. That's what local journalists have a hard time understanding.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Thanks for the response. From what little I have read, it seems maybe Beaty and his attorney had some leverage in terms of damaging things they could have and would have used against KU.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Which is kind of where I was getting at. Do you take a PR hit in an attempt to strengthen the basketball program's case with the NCAA?

Heck yes you do.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Money wasn't the issue. KU had all intentions of stringing this out for as long as possible. I do believe they under estimated to what lengths Beaty would go to get his money or drag KU through the mud along the process. Settling was a way to remove any more 'new' information that could be used to damage the case against the mens basketball program. Beaty called KU's bluff and 'won'.
Holidaysmore - 2005