Beaty Fired:

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: Beaty Fired:

Post by holidaysmore »

I’m going to assume it will be discussed at Long’s presser as to whom the interim coach will be? The press release is very vague on those terms. I can’t imagine they would keep Beaty around.
Holidaysmore - 2005
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:34 pm I’m going to assume it will be discussed at Long’s presser as to whom the interim coach will be? The press release is very vague on those terms. I can’t imagine they would keep Beaty around.
If you check the link from kuathletics in one of the posts above, it says that Beaty will finish the year as coach but will not be retained.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That is too bad. Get a jump on hiring IMHO
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

So he’s fired but he gets to keep coaching? Wtf
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:36 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:34 pm I’m going to assume it will be discussed at Long’s presser as to whom the interim coach will be? The press release is very vague on those terms. I can’t imagine they would keep Beaty around.
If you check the link from kuathletics in one of the posts above, it says that Beaty will finish the year as coach but will not be retained.
Thank you for pointing that. Can’t say I agree with that decision but he wasn’t going to be retained either way.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Beaty has done a lot of damage trying to save his skin this year. No way should he continue. They have to reverse that decision
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:42 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:36 pm
Thank you for pointing that. Can’t say I agree with that decision but he wasn’t going to be retained either way.
It is a weird solution for sure. Makes me think they have a candidate lined up who will be actively observing and analyzing the last three weeks of the season, otherwise, they would have just given Bowen mop-up duty again.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Leave it to KU to screw up a simple thing as firing a coach. Fire him. Say something nice in the presser. Move on. IMO Beaty hasn’t earned the right to coach out the season.

Let Bowen or Hull be the interim coach. Let the new HC figure out what they want to do with the staff.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Agreed Holiday.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Doesn't mean that if Long finds his guy in two weeks that this isn't reversible. Need to have that person and his staff hired ASAP. Those candidates that want to be considered should be making phone calls.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Hasn't Miles been seen in town over the last 4-5 days? My info, from a person on the coaching staff, is that they were expecting this a week ago and that Miles was going to step in.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Hopefully keeping Beaty on doesn't gut our incoming recruiting class
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

We don't have an incoming recruiting class. One.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Terry Allen gave me a nervous tic that took 4 years to cure. I did think he was treated shabbily.

I hated Gill from his first Spring game. I knew how he would turn out.

Weis was a joke.

Beaty had to go. He will land on his feet. Likeable guy who was in over his head.

Maybe we will re-up our tickets next season. If we get back what we had.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:26 pm We don't have an incoming recruiting class. One.
No way
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

LVCHawk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:44 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:26 pm We don't have an incoming recruiting class. One.
No way
According to dotcom, yes way.

My guess is:
1. He’s letting Beaty finish the season as a gesture for the players who are said to really like Beaty, letting them finish the last three games in their comfort zone.
2. The “official” job search starting now means he wants someone who already has a head coaching job.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:15 pm
chiknbut wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:30 am
Charlie Weiss should never be forgiven for what he did to this program.
Absolutely agree.
Terry Allen genuinely tried but was in over his head, kind of like Beaty.
Weis almost seemed to be trying to crater the program out of spite.
Gill was/is a decent coach and was trying but had too deep of a hole to dig out of in the time he was given.
Beaty is well-intentioned but clueless. Lost complete respect for him when going through the recruiting process with my older son. Utter incompetence.

If they really do bring in Miles, I hope he is actually interested in building a program and not killing time until retirement.
If he's also in charge of grooming his replacement, I'll take 5-6 years of Miles. Better than having a mid-major guy come in, win 5 games and then move on to the next big job.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

defixione wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:41 pm Hasn't Miles been seen in town over the last 4-5 days? My info, from a person on the coaching staff, is that they were expecting this a week ago and that Miles was going to step in.
You tell Clint I said Hi.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

kubandalum wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:15 pm
LVCHawk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:44 pm
No way
According to dotcom, yes way.

My guess is:
1. He’s letting Beaty finish the season as a gesture for the players who are said to really like Beaty, letting them finish the last three games in their comfort zone.
2. The “official” job search starting now means he wants someone who already has a head coaching job.

I thought it was an obvious joke but it appears it wasnt
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I don't know if we want Les Miles. He never seemed to have a high scoring offense. He might be able to put a good defense in place but still got to score quite a few points.