Beaty Fired:

Kansas Football.
Geezer

Re: Beaty Fired:

Post by Geezer »

The indoor practice facility will lead us to greatness.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

Long didn't say anything earthshaking or unexpected in his press conference. Played coy, as I expected him to, about who and when a new coach might be selected. My personal guess is that he already has someone who's orally committed but he can't say that because the particulars aren't arranged, the guy is coaching somewhere else, or simply that to satisfy the law he has to go through the motions of taking applications and interviewing a few people. One of the questioners asked about minority candidates; I'm pretty sure he'll be interviewing at least one such candidate just to appear compliant with the anti discrimination laws, even if he already has an old white guy (i.e. Les Miles) on the stringer.
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
Arjhawk

Post by Arjhawk »

Gill was/is a decent coach and was trying but had too deep of a hole to dig out of in the time he was given.

WTF? Gill was horrific and as incompetent as Weiss and Beaty in his own way. Any hole he had to dig out of was largely of his own digging. And the only good anyone gives Weiss credit for was cleaning up Gill's academic shenanigans.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Long is letting Beaty finish to be respectful to seniors and other guys on the team.

But I think this team will have a new coach before the season ends. When Beaty moves out the day after the Texas game, new coach moves in and starts this thing his way. I mean it’s whatever. Maybe now Beaty goes for it on 4th down and pulls out all the stops in these last few games.

My completely uneducated guess. It’s going to come down to 3 guys. Miles, Littrell, or Doeren. All I know is I trust Long a lot more than Z. Long was low-key pissed off at the conference tonight.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:15 pm Gill was/is a decent coach
LOL

Christian conservative Trump supporter
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:31 pm
LOL

He is 45-33 at Liberty - a school that doesn’t offer full ride scholarships. That would be considered pretty good at KU.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Did he take you for cookies and ice cream?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:04 pm Did he take you for cookies and ice cream?
Nope. Gave me a Snickers bar instead.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:01 pm
LOL

He is 45-33 at Liberty - a school that doesn’t offer full ride scholarships. That would be considered pretty good at KU.
Pretty much on par with competing in the Big 12.

Wait, with Jeebus on his side....shouldn't his record be better?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

They dominate the Incel all-merican team.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

I think Littrell waits for the next offer, Doeren doesn't leave the comfort of NCSU and that leaves Miles. That's opens the door for Hull to stay around and focus on the LA recruiting grounds.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I don't know what Miles end game is but as long as he gives KU 100% for a couple years to build back this program I'm all for it. I really believe that with the right HC and staff someone could turn this thing around in a couple of years.
Holidaysmore - 2005
shindig

Post by shindig »

We could of had Doeren 6 years ago but SZ screwed that up. I doubt Doeren leaves NC St to go to Kansas now. And why would Les Miles not wait for a top program to open up? He'll never get the recruits he could being in the SEC. I think a Les Miles hire could just turn into another Charlie Weis money grab.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:26 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:01 pm

LOL

Pretty much on par with competing in the Big 12.

Wait, with Jeebus on his side....shouldn't his record be better?
Most people have a level at which they are competent. Power 5 obviously wasn't Gill's. I was just acknowledging that he seems to have found his niche and I am glad he is doing well. He is a good man who sincerely tried to do well in a difficult situation.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Gill inherited a terrible situation here too. Not many would have succeeded here. It was going to be a cold decade. Warming up I hope.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:39 pm Warming up I hope.
Next year is gonna suck, no matter who is coaching.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:41 pm
Sparko wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:39 pm Warming up I hope.
Next year is gonna suck, no matter who is coaching.
Yes. Next year won't be good. I mean decent talent with Kendrick, Pooka, Hampton, Charlot, Harris, Torneden and Lee. Payoff should be in years 2-4 though.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

shindig

Post by shindig »

Sounds like Doeren is out. Isn't happy he was passed over for Weiss and wasn't even contacted when they hired Beaty. I tell you SZ should be forced to come back to KU and apologize for the mess he has created.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think KU has a better shot than some think with Doeren. Long has proven that he isn't afraid of getting a coach in a better job to come to a school that is rebuilding (Bielema from Wisconsin to Arkansas, Wannstadt from NFL to Pitt, Petrino from NFL to Arkansas)

Doeren from Kansas. Coached at Kansas and might be happy with a fresh start and a new AD with new facilities already being built.

My top 10 list. 1 is most likely, 10 is least likely but still a shot. Current 2018 role listed as well.

1. Miles - Unemployed, former LSU and oSu coach
2. Doeren - NC State
3. Monken - Army
4. Neal Brown - Troy
5. Littrell - North Texas
6. Candle - Toledo
7. Bielema - NE Patriots assistant
8. Fritz - Tulane
9. Satterfield - App State
10. Calhoun - Air Force

shindig

Post by shindig »

Not a fan of Les Miles. I just don't see him really putting much effort into re-building the mess that is KU football. We need a coach that is already connected to KU. Doeren or Leavitt.