Deleted User 62

Re: Beaty Fired:

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Miles would be a YUGE get for KU.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:35 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:15 pm He has a great relationship with Long. He really wants to get back into college football. Other then that I have no idea why Miles would come to KU.

Some of the stuff behind the scenes that Long has done and is doing as far as getting more money for assistant coaches and increasing the staff count would certainly help but coming to KU is going to be a GRIND.
If you're 64 and have a NC in handful of BCS bowl games and the primary criticism is that you inherited a title contender built by Saban, maybe the thing you want to prove is that you can build a team and that his success at OSU and LSU were not a fluke.

I mean, making KU relevant would be the ultimate proof that you can coach.
IF (that is a big IF) Miles has that kind of chip on his shoulder. I want him right after Doeren. But my concern and I think others share it, is how hungry is he really. And who is his OC?

Doeren is my first choice if Long can find some pockets to pay his buyout and Doeren wants to come back to KU, I prefer him over Miles. I think he is hungry, he will be continue to be hungry and I think he will want to create a legacy at KU. I just don't think it will happen no matter how much I want it to.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

nu_bronco wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:46 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:35 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:15 pm He has a great relationship with Long. He really wants to get back into college football. Other then that I have no idea why Miles would come to KU.

Some of the stuff behind the scenes that Long has done and is doing as far as getting more money for assistant coaches and increasing the staff count would certainly help but coming to KU is going to be a GRIND.
If you're 64 and have a NC in handful of BCS bowl games and the primary criticism is that you inherited a title contender built by Saban, maybe the thing you want to prove is that you can build a team and that his success at OSU and LSU were not a fluke.

I mean, making KU relevant would be the ultimate proof that you can coach.
IF (that is a big IF) Miles has that kind of chip on his shoulder. I want him right after Doeren. But my concern and I think others share it, is how hungry is he really. And who is his OC?

Yes, his OC and what system he'd run would be the most interesting thing.

I don't think you have to question his hunger, Dude had nothing but top 15 recruiting classes at LSU, and top 25ish classes at OSU.

KU isn't LSU, it's not even Okie State...but Miles is a big name and could get recruits, and he knows football and is well connected.

He's not my first choice and he doesn't seem like an ideal fit, but I think he'd get better talent to come to KU, and I think he's a good coach. Miles at 90% effort is better than Beaty, Weis and Gill at 100%....and Weis only ever gave us about 12% effort, and half of that was setting up the cot in his office.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Gutter's 5 worthless thoughts.....
1) When was the last time KU was a legit program for longer than a 5 year period?
2) I figure Miles would have to stay at KU for 7 years for that to MAYBE happen. I don't see that happening.
3) Not easy to be a top tier Big 12 (or whatever conference we will be in down the line) program.
4) Guy (Miles) turns 65 on Saturday. Does he really want to coach mediocrity in his 70s?
5) How's this to give you an idea of how pathetic the University of Kansas Football program has been over the past half century - we never had 3 consecutive above .500 seasons.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. Long time ago.

2. If Miles comes here, it will likely be for 6 years at most. To get the program to a level of stability for a then hot commodity to come along and take the job as the new stadium is built.

3. It certainly is not right now. Especially with playing 9 conference games and scheduling a P5 non-con every year.

4. I don't think he would mind. The mediocrity part can be argued, because who knows what it will be like with him at the helm. He could turn KU into a consistent 6 win team, that's not mediocre.

5. Been a tough period to be a KU fan. But things are on the up for the first time since Mangino in all honesty. New indoor facility, roster numbers aren't a complete wreck, looking at a big time successful college coach to come here and Long as AD does matter.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Dan Enos anyone?
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Oh yeah. That 26-36 record at Central Michigan was just fantastic. :)
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

CBS is reporting that he may be our guy.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Gutter wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:10 am Gutter's 5 worthless thoughts.....
1) When was the last time KU was a legit program for longer than a 5 year period?
2) I figure Miles would have to stay at KU for 7 years for that to MAYBE happen. I don't see that happening.
3) Not easy to be a top tier Big 12 (or whatever conference we will be in down the line) program.
4) Guy (Miles) turns 65 on Saturday. Does he really want to coach mediocrity in his 70s?
5) How's this to give you an idea of how pathetic the University of Kansas Football program has been over the past half century - we never had 3 consecutive above .500 seasons.
I, for one, would be fine being used by Miles for a few years (whether it's just for cash, or as a stepping stone to one last good job).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:14 pm CBS is reporting that he may be our guy.
Yeah I saw that as well. That seems to go against everything Long said in his presser. 5 years of 10 games below .500 ball is not a coach with program building/sustaining success. And his offenses didn't exactly light the world on fire from 2015-2017 with Arkansas. Kind of a reason Bielema got fired, because their offenses stunk.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I was going to try to play Devil's advocate and say that after two 3 win seasons he won 7, 6, and 7 and argue he took a bad team and made it respectible...but CMU was 12-2 the year before he took over, so it's not like he inherited a dumpster fire. I also, would like to say that I like his pedigree, being at Alabama...but he's gone CMU HC, to Arkansas OC, to Alabama QB coach...I'm not sure that series of at best lateral moves is the career trajectory of the guy to rebuild KU.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:06 pm Dan Enos anyone?
Picking a position coach either get an up-and-comer or a coach with game management skills to require a time-our during a punt. It is risky.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ugh
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

if true, Long is already a disappointment
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Scott Satterfield would be a nice hire
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

According to Dennis Dodd...

Kansas and Les Miles camp have officially come in contact with each other. First reported meeting by Kansas administration officially.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:18 pm Scott Satterfield would be a nice hire
He wouldn't be bad at all. Think he's in his mid-40's.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:58 am According to Dennis Dodd...

Kansas and Les Miles camp have officially come in contact with each other. First reported meeting by Kansas administration officially.
Saw this on twitter. Interesting..

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/OPT ... /KBTR/KLWC

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:19 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:58 am According to Dennis Dodd...

Saw this on twitter. Interesting..

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/OPT ... /KBTR/KLWC
Is it possible that Miles would be hired to be director of football operations - or something like that. Not necessarily to be the next coach?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

They already have a guy who is the football administrator, Mike Vollmar. He oversaw football operations at Tennessee, Bama, Michigan, Michigan State and was the Director of Football at HS football powerhouse IMG Academy in Florida before coming to KU.