Why I don't watch SNL

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Why I don't watch SNL

Post by dolomite »

anymore. This is ignorance at it's utmost and another low. Mocking vets is uncalled for and serves no purpose.
Totally cheap, disgusting and classless of SNL to have Pete Davidson mock Dan Crenshaw for wearing an eye patch...then giggle that he was injured in the line of duty.@DanCrenshawTX is a Navy SEAL and hero who lost his eye in an IED attack in Afghanistan.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/p ... fghanistan
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
HouseDivided

Re: Why I don't watch SNL

Post by HouseDivided »

dolomite wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:04 pm anymore. This is ignorance at it's utmost and another low. Mocking vets is uncalled for and serves no purpose.
Totally cheap, disgusting and classless of SNL to have Pete Davidson mock Dan Crenshaw for wearing an eye patch...then giggle that he was injured in the line of duty.@DanCrenshawTX is a Navy SEAL and hero who lost his eye in an IED attack in Afghanistan.
Pete Davidson is the antithesis of funny. I hope he loses his job over this.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

SNL is still a thing? I thought that show ended in the late 80s.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:59 pm SNL is still a thing? I thought that show ended in the late 80s.
The funny version did.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

SNL is better written and has better talent than it has ever had.

Bad move by Davidson, no doubt.

Anyone here stop watching Fox News because someone in that channel said something problematic?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:19 pm
dolomite wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:04 pm anymore. This is ignorance at it's utmost and another low. Mocking vets is uncalled for and serves no purpose.
What about when he mocked that guy asking him a question because of his disability? He should lose his job for that too, right?

Wait, that wasn't Pete Davidson...
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Wow.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Mjl wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:44 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:19 pm
What about when he mocked that guy asking him a question because of his disability? He should lose his job for that too, right?

Wait, that wasn't Pete Davidson...
We must remember that something said by a stupid comedian is so much more important than when the actual Commander in Chief said that he preferred his military heroes to be those who hadn't been captured and tortured.
Don't inject Lysol.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm just happy that our "president" can mock a Gold Star Family, John McCain, and Tammy Duckworth.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 75

2 wrongs don't make a right. Trump being an idiot doesn't excuse this idiot from being an idiot.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:48 am 2 wrongs don't make a right. Trump being an idiot doesn't excuse this idiot from being an idiot.
One is President. The other is an actor/comedian. Do you not get the difference in standards we should hold them too?
Deleted User 75

Mjl wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:59 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:48 am 2 wrongs don't make a right. Trump being an idiot doesn't excuse this idiot from being an idiot.
One is President. The other is an actor/comedian. Do you not get the difference in standards we should hold them too?
Where did I say they should be treated the same?

The president should be held to a much higher standard....but that doesn't excuse what the SNL idiot did. He should be fired and whoever wrote that for him should be fired....that's what happens when conservatives in similar positions do those same types of offensive things.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

defixione wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:59 pm SNL is still a thing? I thought that show ended in the late 80s.
SNL is dumb. I tried to watch a few minutes of it last week but it is simply lame and lazy. Havent watched a full episode in more than 20 years.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I DVR it for the opening bit and Weekend Update. Other than that, it's been pretty lame. Maybe one funny skit in each show.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

No one is excusing it. We are laughing at the hypocrisy of Trump supporters being bothered by it. Both are dumb. But one is being called horrible while the other is being cheered. See the problem?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:42 am
No one is excusing it. We are laughing at the hypocrisy of Trump supporters being bothered by it. Both are dumb. But one is being called horrible while the other is being cheered. See the problem?
Speak for yourself, quit saying "no one is..."
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:44 am
Speak for yourself, quit saying "no one is..."
Thanks, coach!
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

If somebody wrote it for him why should he be fired?
Deleted User 75

"No one is excusing it"

You may not be personally, but plenty are.

And I'm not a trump supporter, so I'm not being hypocritical....but this guy on SNL wasn't talking about trump, he was talking about a veteran and making fun of his injury. See the problem?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:58 am
"No one is excusing it"

You may not be personally, but plenty are.

And I'm not a trump supporter, so I'm not being hypocritical....but this guy on SNL wasn't talking about trump, he was talking about a veteran and making fun of his injury. See the problem?
People outraged by this don't seem to think Trump should be fired for doing worse. Get it?