ksu

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

ksu

Post by pdub »

It is looking like their worst team since 2009, the last time they didn't go to a bowl game.
They just lost @ TCU after missing an xp.
Unfortunately, we have to play them on the road this season.

I don't think we can pull the 'upset' but they need to win out to bowl and they have @ ISU for their last game.
NewtonHawk11

Re: ksu

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KU has covered the last 2 times against kstate. 2 score games in each game. I do wonder if Beaty and Co pull out all the stops this weekend. They've got nothing to lose, Beaty still cares deeply about this program and university, he'll want to end his tenure with a win against kstate (cause they ain't coming close to OU or UT)

Offense needs to not drop an easy TD and fumble in the red zone. They need to be more sharp on that side of the ball. Don't think kstate offense will do much against the defense.

Low scoring game. KU eeks out a win, Snyder leaves the program. Both programs start over.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:58 am It is looking like their worst team since 2009, the last time they didn't go to a bowl game.

I don't think we can pull the 'upset' but they need to win out to bowl and they have @ ISU for their last game.
Older son plays for KSU. Word from Manhattan is that Snyder is going to announce his retirement immediately before the game on Saturday to take advantage of the emotional impact.

We are screwed.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

KSU team rally cry will be let's win one for the Old Balls.
Last edited by Deleted User 183 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:09 am
pdub wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:58 am It is looking like their worst team since 2009, the last time they didn't go to a bowl game.

Older son plays for KSU. Word from Manhattan is that Snyder is going to announce his retirement immediately before the game on Saturday to take advantage of the emotional impact.

We are screwed.
That doesn't make much sense at all. Considering they still have one more home game after the KU game against Tech. You would think it would be announced then.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 am

We are screwed.
That doesn't make much sense at all. Considering they still have one more home game after the KU game against Tech. You would think it would be announced then.
KU game is their season. The fans around me at home games have obsessed about it all season: "We suck this year, but dammit, we better not lose to KU!" I think for Snyder it would be a way to go out with some modicum of dignity. Losing to KU in Manhattan would be a black mark on his legacy.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

But would he want to end it on a bad note if KU were to win?

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 am But would he want to end it on a bad note if KU were to win?
Not trying to be a downer, but it isn't going to happen. He sees an opportunity to be carried off the field on the players' shoulders and to be able to soften the blow of losing the last home game to Texas Tech next week. He's old, but he's smart.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:25 am

We are screwed.
KU game is their season. The fans around me at home games have obsessed about it all season: "We suck this year, but dammit, we better not lose to KU!" I think for Snyder it would be a way to go out with some modicum of dignity. Losing to KU in Manhattan would be a black mark on his legacy.
Anyone with more than three brain cells can understand that Snyder's legacy is safe. Maybe the biggest turnaround of a college program ever.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

All my K-State fans will publicly say that they are worried about getting beat by Kansas this year. They also say privately that it is time for a change. There are loud whispers for Snyder to step down right after this season. This season may have cost Sean his chance at a summer announcement from the Old Man and at least one season of being 'interim' head coach.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:55 am

Anyone with more than three brain cells can understand that Snyder's legacy is safe. Maybe the biggest turnaround of a college program ever.
K-State fan will say that and then in the same breath turn around and talk about what a disgrace the program is. A loss Saturday would be near-Apocalyptic in terms of devastation.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:13 pm

K-State fan will say that and then in the same breath turn around and talk about what a disgrace the program is. A loss Saturday would be near-Apocalyptic in terms of devastation.
The biggest smear to Snyder's legacy is that, to some, he stuck around too long. Maybe the game has passed him by - who knows?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:16 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:13 pm

The biggest smear to Snyder's legacy is that, to some, he stuck around too long. Maybe the game has passed him by - who knows?
Definitely passed him by. Happens to all of us at some point.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

I’ve watched both teams play this year and KU should have a chance if they limit turnovers and giving up big plays. The worry is KU’s road record the last few years.
11 1/2- 12 point underdogs, I’d take the points unless the retirement announcement is made.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

The big difference will be the venue on Saturday. K-State's stadium gets crazy loud - Allen Fieldhouse loud. I saw it cross up Mississippi State's QB and Texas' QB this season, both of whom are accustomed to playing in loud stadiums.

After playing at Memorial all season, KU's players are going to be like deer in the headlights, especially if KSU gets up a touchdown or more. This is their bowl game and they will be out tailgating early and about ten beers in by kickoff.

I'm glad this is the one home game I can't be at this season.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

As loud as AFH......lol.

What a fucking clown this guy is
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

LOL.
AFH loud.
I've been to ksu games.

No.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:27 pm LOL.
AFH loud.
I've been to ksu games.

No.
The only ones I have been to are this past year, and they were (to me) surprisingly loud.

It’s different than basketball because it is for short bursts on crucial downs, but it is quantitatively and qualitatively different than any game I have watched at Memorial.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It might be louder than Memorial but that's a pretty low bar.
Michigan's stadium, which houses 100k people, has never gotten louder than AFH has.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:51 pm It might be louder than Memorial but that's a pretty low bar.
Michigan's stadium, which houses 100k people, has never gotten louder than AFH has.
I see what you’re saying. Indoor vs. outdoor venue is a difficult comparison, though.