Rupp Rafters Meltdown

Kansas Basketball.
NDballer13

Re: Rupp Rafters Meltdown

Post by NDballer13 »

Might as well just take every name off everything. Kansas Fieldhouse. Duke Indoor Stadium. Iowa State Coliseum.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yea. Im not a fan of Rupp but its getting ridiculous
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:55 pm Adolf Rupp died a racist long before 2020.
Once a Jayhawk always a Jayhawk.

I hate that saying, but have to use it here as I also dislike Rupp.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I've just always been glad his name isn't on our building.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Rupp would never be on a Kansas building because an old timer friend who played for Dr. Allen said Dr. Allen quietly did not let anything like that happen. Not because of Rupp’s abhorrent views in contrast to Dr. Allen’s, but because Dr. Allen did not believe Rupp was his equal.

But, when Dr. Allen was ill and dying, Rupp brought his team to visit Coach when Kentucky came here to play.

I look at all this as paying long overdue bills. I don’t care what happens to Rupp Arena. But what would be cool is if it was named after Jack Givens.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Rupp was my great uncle. As famous as he was/is, his name rarely surfaced in our family conversations while I grew up and my dad was a high school FB and BB coach.
Deleted User 141

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:08 pm I've just always been glad his name isn't on our building.

Amen to that.
Deleted User 141

Thy could retrofit Rupp to be an outlet mall. It already looks the part.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:09 am Thy could retrofit Rupp to be an outlet mall. It already looks the part.
Retrofit?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Leawood wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:33 pm Rupp would never be on a Kansas building because an old timer friend who played for Dr. Allen said Dr. Allen quietly did not let anything like that happen. Not because of Rupp’s abhorrent views in contrast to Dr. Allen’s, but because Dr. Allen did not believe Rupp was his equal.

But, when Dr. Allen was ill and dying, Rupp brought his team to visit Coach when Kentucky came here to play.

I look at all this as paying long overdue bills. I don’t care what happens to Rupp Arena. But what would be cool is if it was named after Jack Givens.

defixione wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:10 pm Rupp was my great uncle. As famous as he was/is, his name rarely surfaced in our family conversations while I grew up and my dad was a high school FB and BB coach.

Two good posts in a row. The board is back!
Deleted User 141

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:12 am
Gqcolorado wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:09 am Thy could retrofit Rupp to be an outlet mall. It already looks the part.
Retrofit?
I suppose repurpose would be closer to my point. But, since it looks like a strip mall from the outside, and modern strip malls are much more aesthetically pleasing, retrofit would work for use as that purpose as well.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I just meant that Rupp is already connected to a mall, isn't it?
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Poor KYBB melting down on .com.

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

KYBB vs. JimmyDub, .com has seen better days, lol.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Slickest They Is.
Deleted User 141

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:27 am I just meant that Rupp is already connected to a mall, isn't it?
That would explain why it looks like one from the outside. I suppose I didn’t commit to long term memory the aberration I was seeing.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

But he was just trying to protect his black players from the other really, really bad racists in the SEC. Rupp couldn’t have set an example and challenged the status quo, he just couldn’t let those boys... I mean stoodent-athaleets play in the racist South, they would have gotten hurt. /S
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Speaking of Kentucky, has anyone been to the Kentucky State Fair. Now there is some people watching opportunities.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would go.
I have been to the MIZZOU state fair and wow, that was something.
Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Billy Ray Cyrus and a lotta redneck.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I like some redneck. But not in Mizzou. I will do nothing there.

So theres blue collar, redneck, cowboy and white trash. They are different sectors. There is some overlap except with white trash. It sits over in the corner by itself.
Just Ledoux it