Dedric

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Dedric

Post by PhDhawk »

So...if he can get 20, 14 and 6 with 2 stls and 2 blocks while not shooting well (only 5 of 18 from the field) against a really good team with some good bigs...what kind of stat line can we realistically expect from him?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Dedric

Post by jfish26 »

...does math...28, 12 (figuring a couple fewer rebounds of his own misses), 6, 2 and 2.

Dedric is awesome. As is (I think) your point: he was incredibly impactful on a rough shooting night. Happy to have him.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Dok, Dedric and McCormack all playing down low....KU will be bigly. Is Silvio playing this year?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He can easily get 25/10 every game. He's damn good, even when he struggles.

And no, I don't think SDS will play this year. McCormack is really good and a big body.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

shindig wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:25 am Dok, Dedric and McCormack all playing down low....KU will be bigly. Is Silvio playing this year?
If SDS plays, neither mitch or McCormack will be playing very much because I think SDS will be significantly better than either of them this year.

But I doubt he plays. Hopefully he gets a definitive answer 1 way or the other from the ncaa.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i don't see, given what we know, how anyone could expect to see SDS on the floor for KU again
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Agree. It would likely be best for everyone, long-term, if he took off at semester.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:30 am Hopefully he gets a definitive answer 1 way or the other from the ncaa.
He won't get a definitive answer, and that's the problem. If he got a definitive answer it would be X games. No investigation means indefinite games, which will be infinite games, which is much more than it should be.

Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:06 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:30 am Hopefully he gets a definitive answer 1 way or the other from the ncaa.
He won't get a definitive answer, and that's the problem. If he got a definitive answer it would be X games. No investigation means indefinite games, which will be infinite games, which is much more than it should be.
Yup....I'm glad he's still at school and getting the "benefits" he's legally allowed by the NCAA. I truly hope if he doesn't get to play that he stays at KU and graduates with a degree in something. Because the punishment of not being able to fully participate in anymore games (most likely) has cost him a chance at millions...not that I think SDS was a guaranteed NBA player, because he's not, but not even having the opportunity to improve during games brings his NBA chances close to 0% .
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Perhaps what impressed me most about Dedrick was that he didn’t seem to force much. He impacted the game so many ways without trying to be the center of attention. He seems to have the smarts and skills to be an asset even if he isn’t scoring, though lucky for us, he’s also a really good scorer.
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:46 am Perhaps what impressed me most about Dedrick was that he didn’t seem to force much. He impacted the game so many ways without trying to be the center of attention. He seems to have the smarts and skills to be an asset even if he isn’t scoring, though lucky for us, he’s also a really good scorer.
Totally agree.

It didn't feel like an NBA audition, which I was worried about with several of our guys.

Very impressed with Dedric. Very impressed with Dok... holy fuck are they going to be a load to handle. Dok was tossing the MSU bigs around and those are some of the strongest guys he will see all year.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Dedric is basically the best part of both twins' games, in Markieff's body, and with better passing. That's a hell of a player.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He moved within the flow of the offense most of the time but he did force a couple shots ( i think he was frustrated for missing shots he would normally make ).

He did take 18 shots.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Over/under PPG for Dedric's season is set at 18.1.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

over.

Seems like he gets 18 before you even notice he's scored.

Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:07 pm Dedric is basically the best part of both twins' games, in Markieff's body, and with better passing. That's a hell of a player.
And yet I feel like he won't have as good of an NBA career as they've had....he's an odd player to protect NBA wise, but is going to be nearly unstoppable for us this year. 2 years of him and Dok together would be awesome!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:39 pm Over/under PPG for Dedric's season is set at 18.1.
I'll take the over.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:53 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:07 pm Dedric is basically the best part of both twins' games, in Markieff's body, and with better passing. That's a hell of a player.
And yet I feel like he won't have as good of an NBA career as they've had....he's an odd player to protect NBA wise, but is going to be nearly unstoppable for us this year. 2 years of him and Dok together would be awesome!
The twins have had about the best careers as could have been expected, given their physical traits. No shame on Dedric if his career doesn't go as well.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That would make him the 4th highest scoring player and 2nd highest scoring big under Bill Self.
( Frank Mason, Wayne Simien, Sherron Collins )
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:56 pm That would make him the 4th highest scoring player and 2nd highest scoring big under Bill Self.
( Frank Mason, Wayne Simien, Sherron Collins )
Sounds about right.