Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Deleted User 266

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Deleted User 266 »

ous - Politics and religion. The two most common things people allow to brainwash themselves in to insanity.

I made a long winded post last night and deleted it.
This morning in relation to yesterday's tragedy in Virginia Beach I am only going to say - guns and disgruntled people are a bad combo and there are always going to be guns and there are always going to be disgruntled people. Each and every day in this country we're all just sitting ducks in a big pond of shit.
11+ people in Virginia Beach were proof of that yesterday.
On that note, have a wonderful day!
Deleted User 266

Guess what? 4 people were shot 3 blocks from where I live this morning. So much I would like to say but I’m going to keep it to myself. I said enough in my last post.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Because

"pro-life party"

In January, Virginia GOP killed bill to ban sales of large-capacity magazines

A Virginia bill designed to ban sales of large-capacity magazines similar to those used by the Virginia Beach gunman died in committee in January on a party-line vote.

The fate of the legislation, SB1748, was so widely expected that the outcome drew virtually no public attention. For more than 20 years, Republicans and a few rural Democrats in the General Assembly have killed almost every measure aimed at restricting gun ownership.

The GOP blocked a major push for gun control after the 2007 Virginia Tech shootings, where 33 people died. They chose instead to respond to that shooting by joining Democrats to enact mental-health reforms.

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Parkland deputy who remained outside now charged

....whoa, how often is a cop charged for not shooting someone?
Deleted User 266

Scapegoat?
Not saying he's innocent in terms of his not following through on his job responsibilities but he's not the one who shot and killed the kids. Could he have "prevented" it? Perhaps but we'll never know for sure - will we? Plenty of assumptions being made.
Holding him "responsible" for the children's deaths is a tough call. Sucks how the parents and family members feel the need to not only direct their anger but also place the blame on Peterson for their losses.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

He is being charged for being a coward.

I mean, come on, it's not like he avoided going to Vietnam because his feet had the potential to hurt.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I thought it was that Vietnam was far away.
Don't inject Lysol.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:14 pm He is being charged for being a coward.

I mean, come on, it's not like he avoided going to Vietnam because his feet had the potential to hurt.
I really miss the POTD button :)
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

^^^^^
Deleted User 266

Last night I made the mistake of going on Facebook and reading a post from an intelligent well educated friend of mine. It was the meme below regarding the Virginia Beach shooter that was made to look like an actual NY Post blurb that was clearly embellished.

The NY Post never stated that the shooter was Muslim, had 9 children, etc., etc., etc. Many "friends" of the person who posted the meme chimed in and a few claimed that the "MSM" didn't report this because.....

"He didn’t fit the liberal media theme to bash the conservatives"
and
"...that's why MSM is so quiet, (doesn't fit their agenda)".

I didn't know where to begin but felt a need to respond. That proves I'm not smart person.

Anyways, when I stated that I found it odd that they trusted something that they felt was from the NY Post - no one responded. When I pointed out that people feel a need to identify him as Muslim and that I wondered what purpose that served for them - and that when a shooter isn't Muslim they don't feel a need to point out what ever religion the person is - or that they were not religious - There were no responses.
Then someone posted he had two wives. HUH? People ate that up.
When I pointed out that the claim he had two wives bothered people and I didn't understand why - I added "maybe our President can comment on that one - but I don't expect you to understand".
Two different people attacked me and said I insulted them - while insulting me for not understanding that he had two wives at the same time - which I never read/heard that to be true.

Regardless of all that, I finally respectfully posted that all of this very well may be true but my guess is that it's not true and I would really like for someone to please provide a source, any source, (other than the clearly doctored meme) that states the shooter was Muslim, had two wives, had 9 children, etc., etc., etc.
Then I went way overboard but tried to make a point.
I added "Fuck all the Muslims, get them all the hell out of our country, they are all terrorists", and asked "am I doing that right"?
I followed it up with - "and of course fuck the Muslim (assumed) doctor who I saw yesterday with my mother who tries to help cure Jews and people of other religions of their cancer".
Of course - crickets. No sources, no nothing.

Well guess what kids? My posts and the posts attacking me were removed this morning.
Gee, I wonder why.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

+100,000
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

It doesn’t matter one whit what type of gun is used for mass shootings, (i.e. more than one person getting killed). Is the shooter at fault? Or is the gun at fault? Which makes me ponder, why would someone take my guns away if I haven’t killed anyone. Rather presumptive to assume that I would kill someone if I happened to own guns I would say. Taking a line from the movie Slingade: “I reckon I’ve got no reason to kill nobody.”
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

dolomite wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:42 pm Taking a line from the movie Slingade: “I reckon I’ve got no reason to kill nobody.”
Then what happened?
Deleted User 266

dolo - Of course it matters what type of gun is used in a mass shooting. You really think it doesn't?
Ok, I'll go ahead and take a revolver with lets say 9 bullets. That's all I have, a revolver and 9 bullets. I can only shoot 9 bullets and chances are my gun isn't going to be nearly as dangerous/deadly as if I take an AK-47 with lets say 30 rounds in the magazine.

To answer your question, the shooter is at fault. You used the word "shooter". Someone is not a shooter without their gun. Pretty simple, "fault" or not, a gun plays a major role in someone getting shot.

I could be wrong but I believe in your lifetime no one is going to take your guns away unless you have obtained them illegally, you have been diagnosed with severe mental illness, you have committed a felony, etc.

I'm not going to assume you are going to kill someone if you happened to own guns but I would be curious as to why you owned guns and for what purpose you intended to use them. I feel it would be foolish for "law enforcement" not to know your intention/s as a gun owner.
Hey, as long as you have the right to own guns and you are a "legal" owner of guns, I'm not going to say anyone should deny you that right.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Dolomite advances the NRA argument put forward by the 3 lobbyists that run the NRA. The majority of NRA members favor background checks, closing loopholes, and I don't think that most of them want the mentally ill to be able to buy guns, especially AR15's. But the NRA lobbyists spend their time in state legislatures and the Congress trying to repeal sensible gun laws and to pass new ones, like allowing silencers to be sold without a problem.

But Dolomite doesn't care about that--or about people getting killed in massacres. All he wants is that NRA support of Republicans. Like many Republicans, Dolo has sold his soul to those 3 NRA lobbyists.
Don't inject Lysol.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

seahawk wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:47 pm Dolomite advances the NRA argument put forward by the 3 lobbyists that run the NRA. The majority of NRA members favor background checks, closing loopholes, and I don't think that most of them want the mentally ill to be able to buy guns, especially AR15's. But the NRA lobbyists spend their time in state legislatures and the Congress trying to repeal sensible gun laws and to pass new ones, like allowing silencers to be sold without a problem.

But Dolomite doesn't care about that--or about people getting killed in massacres. All he wants is that NRA support of Republicans. Like many Republicans, Dolo has sold his soul to those 3 NRA lobbyists.
Dolomite cares about many things, and your opinion is not one of them.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

El Paso.

Republicans are offering thoughts and prayers while sending donations to Trump.