Another mass shooting

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:35 pm Mass stabbing in Rockford IL. Not sure if it's 9 or 11 stabbed but 4 are dead.
Apparently the dude just went around stabbing random people in a many block radius.
Former co-worker has a sister who works in a hospital there. She said all the docs and nurses got alerts to prepare for a mass casualty situation. The weren't told immediately what it was. Kind of hard to "prepare" when you don't know what you are preparing for.
I'm waiting for the inevitable sarcastic (and moronic) "ban knives" social media posts.
But it's the guns???
I assume your new $59.99 bible has 1 Corinthians 13:11 (although, if you have trouble finding it, it might be under "One Corinthians 13:11").
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am What primary purpose does a gun have - other than to be used to put a bullet in person or an object?
It makes your dong bigger?

It make you feel like your dong is bigger, at least
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

A gun is a basic tool for self defense or hunting. That's its primary function. Sad that has to be explained

Ous is gonna end up in a news headline somewhere if he thinks guns are interchangeable with dongs

It's a shame none of those knife victims had a gun or they wouldn't be all in the hospital/morgue
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

thank goodness the guy only had a knife, and not a gun
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm A gun is a basic tool for self defense or hunting. That's its primary function. Sad that has to be explained

Ous is gonna end up in a news headline somewhere if he thinks guns are interchangeable with dongs

It's a shame none of those knife victims had a gun or they wouldn't be all in the hospital/morgue
A gun is a basic tool for putting a bullet/"projectile" in a human, animal, or object. That's it's primary function.
Sad that has to be explained.

I'm not going to argue with your saying, "It's a shame none of those knife victims had a gun or they wouldn't be all in the hospital/morgue" because it's possible it very well may be a true statement.
You know what else is a true statement? At times people with guns shoot innocent people while trying to shoot a "bad guy".
Neither of us know if any of the stabbing victims had guns, if someone other than the person who did the stabbing would have been shot.
I don't know the exact statistics but I do know innocent people who are not directly involved in a dispute - end up getting shot because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time.
If no one has a gun, no one gets shot. Can't be any simpler than that. Can it?
Right, people have guns and always will. That's the PROBLEM - NOT the SOLUTION.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

No matter how you try to dissect it, people are the problem
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

people like you
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm people like you
This is an embarassing comment, even for you. I've never committed any of these crimes
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm people like you
This is an embarassing comment, even for you. I've never committed any of these crimes
and?

you vote a certain way and hold certain beliefs about gun rights

you are exactly part of the problem of why common sense legislation won’t get passed

you’re fucking embarrassing
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you’re an embarrassing American and an embarrassing human being
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

This is why I no longer engage in the politics board.

The topic of discussion is a mass stabbing This time KUtrad. Do we need to pass knife laws now too? Be realistic. The people that don't agree with you about changing Gun laws just don't think a mentally ill criminal breaking murder laws and ruining their life to commit acts of violence justifies changing laws for law abiding citizens
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm This is why I no longer engage in the politics board.

The topic of discussion is a mass stabbing This time KUtrad. Do we need to pass knife laws now too? Be realistic. The people that don't agree with you about changing Gun laws just don't think a mentally ill criminal breaking murder laws and ruining their life to commit acts of violence justifies changing laws for law abiding citizens
you couldn’t help but bring up guns in regard to a knife post, dipshit

don’t let the door hit ya on the way out
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Well this whole 222 page thread is about guns KUtrad. Which you and your folk swore is the problem. The recent mass stabbing is good evidence that it's not a gun problem, but a people/cultural/mental health problem.

I'm not giving up my guns or knives, neither should any other law abiding citizens.

In fact I'm going to go chop up some veggies right now and make dinner. Have a lovely evening
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Thankfully, this asshole didn't have an assault rifle.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm No matter how you try to dissect it, people are the problem
Do we need to pass people laws now too? Be realistic.
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S Burroughs
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm Thankfully, this asshole didn't have an assault rifle.
Unfortunately, the 9 stab victims did not either. Or we would have less victims
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

japhy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm No matter how you try to dissect it, people are the problem
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S Burroughs
No, but we need to raise our children in more nurturing environments, so they do not grow up broken and with desires to commit heinous acts
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm Thankfully, this asshole didn't have an assault rifle.
Unfortunately, the 9 stab victims did not either. Or we would have less victims
Coulda had a big Ole shootout like the KC parade. YeeHaw pew pew pew.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Absolutely.
People invented guns. People use guns. We aren't going to eliminate people or guns.
So.... The solution is there is no solution. Since there is no solution, we accept it and move on to the next victim/s, and then the next victim/s, and then the next victim/s, and so on, and so on, and so on.
It's the unfortunate reality of living in 2024 United States of America.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm
japhy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm
No, but we need to raise our children in more nurturing environments, so they do not grow up broken and with desires to commit heinous acts
So let it be written, so let it be done.

Long Live Jombi!

That was easy, now git out there and play nice with yer guns kids!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.