Another mass shooting

Ugh.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by pdub »

In this scenario, as soon as Dillon gets on the court, he's pissing himself and upper cutting the opposing coach, so no.

There's nothing we can do.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Randy: makes sensible comments about criminals who don't follow laws not being affected by law changes

Rest of the board: panics with no logical recourse, starts talking about dongs and pissing themselves

And people wonder why this poli board is so broken
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Leave my dong outta this!

Even without owning guns it’s already small enough
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 pm That's just what a low KCromprehension Score gets you.
Or, when you think about it, a modestly average one. This is what one does when one knows he cannot argue the actual points.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 pm So if we agree that criminals are going to continue breaking laws what difference will changing the laws make

It will only affect the law abiding citizens who were never the problem in the first place
This is not how laws work. The white signs on the side of the road don’t say “fuck it, y’all speeding anyway.”
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 pm Randy: makes sensible comments about criminals who don't follow laws not being affected by law changes

Rest of the board: panics with no logical recourse, starts talking about dongs and pissing themselves

Referring to yourself in the third person really highlights the color of your eyes.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 pm Randy: makes sensible comments about criminals who don't follow laws not being affected by law changes

Your avatar really is perfect.
Maybe the greatest thing i've done on this bored all season.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 pm

low bar...
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lower than Nate Oats.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:54 pm

low bar...
Now I don’t know about that. I’m being sincere - getting to something of a peace with me is a thing.

To be perfectly clear, I’m calling myself a pain in the ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

You should just be thankful Cincinnati beat us by 20 in the big 12 tourney. If we would have advanced and played baylor that would be 2 loses to Scott drew in one season

Then you would have really hated yourself for forcing that avatar on me
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

College basketball becoming shitty - going through 7 stages of grief.
I think i'm in the bargaining phase.
If I can't have the good old days at least randy will have a Scott Drew avatar.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'd also recommend allowing me to change it. We used to dominate baylor for years. But in the past few years of the "Scott drew sucks era" baylor has fared much better against kansas.
And now you are forcing the avatar of a conference rivals coach on a fellow fan. I'm not the most superstitious, but that can't be good for anybody lolol

Pdub how stubborn of a man are you truly
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Your assumption is that all criminals who use guns to commit a mass shooting obtained their guns illegally or would have if they had to when the actual data out there does not support that. The majority of guns used in mass shootings were purchased legally.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 pm

Your assumption is that all criminals who use guns to commit a mass shooting obtained their guns illegally or would have if they had to when the actual data out there does not support that. The majority of guns used in mass shootings were purchased legally.
It’s also basic economics. Fewer legal guns in the wild simply would mean those guns are then harder (more expensive) to acquire illegally.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:15 pm I'd also recommend allowing me to change it.
Noted.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 pm College basketball becoming shitty - going through 7 stages of grief.
I think i'm in the bargaining phase.
If I can't have the good old days at least randy will have a Scott Drew avatar.
I think I'm still in the anger phase. I'm not sure I'll move past it
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 pm

low bar...
Now I don’t know about that. I’m being sincere - getting to something of a peace with me is a thing.

I think the axes ground themselves down to nubs so they've lost their bite
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:25 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 pm

low bar...

I think the axes ground themselves down to nubs so they've lost their bite
Maybe so. But I do think there’s something to be said for comity, and I’m aware that I’ve played a part in eroding that, and I do want to try to build it back up where the other side of my point of view is being genuine and reasonable.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 pm

And you think someone willing to break a murder law, with consequences like life in prison, isn't willing to break a gun sales purchase law and obtain them illegally?