Another mass shooting

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 pm Randy: makes sensible comments about criminals who don't follow laws not being affected by law changes

Rest of the board: panics with no logical recourse, starts talking about dongs and pissing themselves

And people wonder why this poli board is so broken
Your assumption is that all criminals who use guns to commit a mass shooting obtained their guns illegally or would have if they had to when the actual data out there does not support that. The majority of guns used in mass shootings were purchased legally.
And you think someone willing to break a murder law, with consequences like life in prison, isn't willing to break a gun sales purchase law and obtain them illegally?
You really don't understand big numbers.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wonder if he understands 28 is quite a bit bigger than 8 when it comes to basketball wins.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:14 pm

Your assumption is that all criminals who use guns to commit a mass shooting obtained their guns illegally or would have if they had to when the actual data out there does not support that. The majority of guns used in mass shootings were purchased legally.
And you think someone willing to break a murder law, with consequences like life in prison, isn't willing to break a gun sales purchase law and obtain them illegally?
This is what your insults remind me of

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C43GWrnu ... JwcWltbnlk
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 pm Randy: makes sensible comments about criminals who don't follow laws not being affected by law changes

Rest of the board: panics with no logical recourse, starts talking about dongs and pissing themselves

What I don't understand....with your clearly superior intellect, why do you waste your considerable talents on the low lifes' that populate this board?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:11 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:14 pm

This is what your insults remind me of

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C43GWrnu ... JwcWltbnlk
It’s not intended as an insult. You seem to think that an action is only worth being taken if it would be 100% successful. You do this a lot, from guns to masks to other things.

That is not how things work at any sort of scale, and I think you should reconsider the point of view you bring to these things.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I think your "law breakers will break all laws" shtick vastly overestimates the access and ability to purchase illegal guns that the general public has.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

If murderers are going to break the law anyway then why have laws against murdering? Or stealing? Or drunk driving?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

zsn wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:44 pm If murderers are going to break the law anyway then why have laws against murdering? Or stealing? Or drunk driving?
https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-schoo ... 970a225b2d

"Salvador Ramos legally purchased two guns in the days before the attack that killed 19 students and two teachers at Robb Elementary School — an AR-style rifle from a federally licensed gun dealer in the Uvalde area on May 17 and a second rifle on May 20. Ramos made the purchases just days after turning 18, the minimum age under federal law for buying a rifle."

"Payton Gendron legally purchased the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S used in the attack on Tops Friendly Market from a federally licensed gun dealer near his home in Conklin, New York, about 200 miles (320 kilometers) southeast of Buffalo."

"Samuel James Cassidy legally purchased the three 9 mm handguns he used to kill co-workers and then himself at a Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority rail yard. "

Legal purchase after legal purchase by people with documented mental health issues or previous legal issues involving assault, etc...
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Legal purchase after legal purchase by people with documented mental health issues or previous legal issues involving assault, etc...

imo, this is where reasonable, common sense legislative changes should start…low-hanging fruit

(in some cases, the only changes needed would be to actually enforce what’s already on the books)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:24 pm Legal purchase after legal purchase by people with documented mental health issues or previous legal issues involving assault, etc...

imo, this is where reasonable, common sense legislative changes should start…low-hanging fruit

(in some cases, the only changes needed would be to actually enforce what’s already on the books)
The founding fathers wanted crazy people to have unlimited access to assault weapons
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:50 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:24 pm Legal purchase after legal purchase by people with documented mental health issues or previous legal issues involving assault, etc...

The founding fathers wanted crazy people to have unlimited access to assault weapons
Un-Regulated, you might say.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:48 pm Seven kids wounded.

https://x.com/schadjoe/status/177456598 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Where are these kids parents?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... -juveniles
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

they just need a more nurturing environment
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:53 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:48 pm Seven kids wounded.

https://x.com/schadjoe/status/177456598 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Where are these kids parents?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... -juveniles
My guess is some of them, in jail, not a part of their lives, some probably dead.

While no doubt parents play influential roles in our lives...
I know kids who had very successful parents and those kids were (and some still are) fuck ups.
I know kids who had fucked up parents and the were great kids and have grown up to be very successful adults.
Can't always blame (or credit) parents for kid's behavior.
Coincidently, I spoke with a 40 something year old Black man this morning.
His sister grew up in the projects, was sexually assaulted at 5 years old by a relative, lived in a homeless shelter. She is currently the Cook County State's Attorney. He is a successfully actor, writer, producer.
Mother struggled. Father was out of the picture. Point being, parents being absent in kid's lives is not a good thing, but some people don't use it as an excuse - and some even use it as a motivator.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

“ Coincidently, I spoke with a 40 something year old Black man this morning.”
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:57 pm “ Coincidently, I spoke with a 40 something year old Black man this morning.”
Help me out. We both know I am slow
If you read the rest of what I wrote, I'm not sure why you would make a post quoting my saying, "Coincidently, I spoke with a 40 something year old Black man this morning.”

Moving on...

There was a "mass shooting" in Chicago early yesterday morning. 5 people shot in a "cafe".
So.... Do 99.75+% of Americans not know (and don't care) about it because "only" one woman died and the other 4 people who were shot are Black, shot by someone who s Black?
Or is it because it's basically the "norm" in the Austin neighborhood where it took place - and business as usual as one might say? I say, it's fucked up. All of it. Sad too.
Victims ages - 20, 19, 19, 17, and 16. All women.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

One killed, seven more injured on Easter during Salemtown restaurant shooting in Nashville
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:38 pm they just need a more nurturing environment
And one with less access to guns.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

why?

https://americanrounds.com/

because…’murica