Another mass shooting

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by DCHawk1 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:53 pm This raises another question, since you're not the only one to accuse Congressional Republicans of enabling this: what would you have had them do? Other than give him the money he wanted, what do you think could have preempted this?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Put DC down for defending this bullshit.
True spots shown and noted.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Congress can overturn a national emergency.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:08 pm Congress can overturn a national emergency.
Supermajority required.
Deleted User 62

Anyone who jumps on the Trump raft on this should die the death of thousands of votes
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:06 pm Put DC down for defending this bullshit.
True spots shown and noted.
lulz

I think you're a knee-jerk know-nothing and that makes me a supporter.

Well argued.

You and Illy are well suited for each other.
Deleted User 62

Then enlighten me.

Who had the power and should have stopped this?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:14 pm Then enlighten me.

Who had the power and should have stopped this?
No one. That's the point. The only way to stop this is after the fact.

I suppose Hillary could have prevented it, by showing up in Wisconsin, but once the man was elected, there was little that anyone could have done to PREvent it, particularly given the amount of power the Congress has ceded to the executive over the last 40-plus years. Now one of the other two branches will have to to step up. The Congress can do its little bit to reassert itself as the rightfully dominant branch, or the courts can intervene.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Trump wins this thread.
Another "mass" shooting in the USA yesterday and no one on here gives a fuck.
Be honest, you really don't do you?
The last 3 or so pages on this thread focus on "the wall national emergency" and the Donald would be thrilled to know he has the power to change the topic of this thread to him and his action/s.

+1 Donald.

Carry on kids. Sorry for the interruption.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So this Aurora, Illinois killer was allowed to both be issued a firearm owner's ID card and to buy a gun from a local gun dealer despite being a convicted felon. Either someone failed to do the background check they are required to do or there is a serious problem with the background checks that are run to purchase a firearm.

It took submitting fingerprints while trying to get a conceal carry permit for his felony aggravated assault conviction to be noticed and then nothing was done to ensure he did not have a gun other than to send a letter stating that he needed to voluntarily relinquish his weapon. With no follow up to see that he didnt. Awesome.

My goodness the systems and checks we have in place are poorly designed and poorly implemented.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coast-guard- ... rosecutors

Another white nationalist with an armory full of weapons, ammo and a hit list of Democratic politicians.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:04 pm So this Aurora, Illinois killer was allowed to both be issued a firearm owner's ID card and to buy a gun from a local gun dealer despite being a convicted felon. Either someone failed to do the background check they are required to do or there is a serious problem with the background checks that are run to purchase a firearm.

It took submitting fingerprints while trying to get a conceal carry permit for his felony aggravated assault conviction to be noticed and then nothing was done to ensure he did not have a gun other than to send a letter stating that he needed to voluntarily relinquish his weapon. With no follow up to see that he didnt. Awesome.

My goodness the systems and checks we have in place are poorly designed and poorly implemented.
"then nothing was done to ensure he did not have a gun other than to send a letter stating that he needed to voluntarily relinquish his weapon. With no follow up to see that he didnt".

Blows my mind.
Problem is unless cops (Sheriffs?) go door to door with search warrants on a daily basis - multiple times a day - to each individual who shouldn't be allowed to possess guns - this will continue forever.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gutter wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:23 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:04 pm So this Aurora, Illinois killer was allowed to both be issued a firearm owner's ID card and to buy a gun from a local gun dealer despite being a convicted felon. Either someone failed to do the background check they are required to do or there is a serious problem with the background checks that are run to purchase a firearm.

"then nothing was done to ensure he did not have a gun other than to send a letter stating that he needed to voluntarily relinquish his weapon. With no follow up to see that he didnt".

Blows my mind.
Problem is unless cops (Sheriffs?) go door to door with search warrants on a daily basis - multiple times a day - to each individual who shouldn't be allowed to possess guns - this will continue forever.
They were aware that this felon was in possession of a gun. They sent him a nice letter requesting he do things nicely. No random search warrant needed. If they do not turn over the gun in a short, defined amount of time, an arrest warrant should be issued since they are a felon illegally in possession of a firearm and the person should be arrested for the additional felony.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:02 pm https://www.foxnews.com/us/coast-guard- ... rosecutors

Another white nationalist with an armory full of weapons, ammo and a hit list of Democratic politicians.
That's crazy. Good work by law enforcement to catch him BEFORE anything terrible happened.

Although 15 guns and 1,000 rounds is hardly and armory. LOL

and I can't help but think if this guy wasn't white then you wouldn't give a shit. You really love to make sure people know you're anti white. Which is weird, since you're presumably white. :-o
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Everyone i know has a 1000 rounds. Not defending this dude, he has some mental issues and im glad he got caught. Just saying what is an armory to some is normal to others.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:53 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:02 pm https://www.foxnews.com/us/coast-guard- ... rosecutors

and I can't help but think if this guy wasn't white then you wouldn't give a shit.
Why would you even go there?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

My dad hasn't shot a gun in a decade or so....he's got maybe 4 handguns, 5 shotguns, and 2 rifles....he's easily got 1,000 rounds of ammo....not many firearm owners have mutiple guns and only 50 rounds of ammo. Hardly an armory.

I think twocoach is a good dude, we've gone wrong in our interactions with each other somewhere along the lines after trump got elected, but I know he's not racist and has good intentions.....but making everything about race when it's a white dude does nothing to help end racism. It does the opposite. I know it's the trendy #WokeAF thing to do, to tell white people how bad they are because of the actions of a few, but it's not the answer. It's doing the exact same thing people do to Muslims.

Crazy is crazy. Race is irrelevant. I know he's trying to show he's aware of his white privilege or whatever, but more and more it's becoming less about true equality of opportunity, and more about trying to "put white people in their place" and tell them how terrible they are....all because the actions of a few crazy people.....

just like trump does to illegal immigrants. The vast majority of illegal immigrants don't commit crimes. Most of us recognize that. It still doesn't excuse whenever someone who is an illegal commits a crime being problematic...and pointing out that citizens committed crimes too is irrelevant. Fixing illegal immigration won't end crime, but it will end crime by people here illegally. That's the entire point.

I don't remember him rushing to the boards to make snarky "white people are bad" comments after a crazy liberal opened fire on republicans. It's so see thru. It does nothing to help.