Vick

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Vick

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:55 am A. "Coach I have to go, I have a family emergency I just can't ignore anymore."
"OK, you have my blessing, family comes first."

That to me isn't (a) the departure was Bill's "doing".
Commission by omission. And, of course, if that was what had happened, then Bill wouldn't have allowed for speculation otherwise (and there wouldn't be a checklist of things Vick has to do in order for a return to be allowed).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:59 am As for B.
"Coach, I'm just don't have everything under control yet. I'm working on it."
"OK, well it sounds like you aren't ready to come back 100% and I don't think you should come back until you are."

Perhaps unlikely but not impossible.
...exactly. When Bill gets to be the judge of what "100% ready" is, then it is 100% Bill's call.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:40 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:55 am A. "Coach I have to go, I have a family emergency I just can't ignore anymore."
"OK, you have my blessing, family comes first."

That to me isn't (a) the departure was Bill's "doing".
Commission by omission. And, of course, if that was what had happened, then Bill wouldn't have allowed for speculation otherwise (and there wouldn't be a checklist of things Vick has to do in order for a return to be allowed).
Wut?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If that happened, the scenario could very well be playing out exactly as it is - because he wants to respect Vick's privacy.
Hence, not necessarily.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:41 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:59 am As for B.
"Coach, I'm just don't have everything under control yet. I'm working on it."
"OK, well it sounds like you aren't ready to come back 100% and I don't think you should come back until you are."

Perhaps unlikely but not impossible.
...exactly. When Bill gets to be the judge of what "100% ready" is, then it is 100% Bill's call.
OK, well then in this sense, everything is 100% Bill's call when it comes to players on the roster.
So no argument there.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Right. I'm just saying it's become obvious that we can rule out "things that just happened to Vick", like a relative getting sick. Whatever it is, there are things Vick is supposed to be doing about it.

Meaning that it was Bill's decision (or it was with Bill's consent, which is the same thing) for those things to be handled, in part, by Vick being off the team. So there's (a). And meaning that Bill decides if and when Vick has done whatever he's "supposed to be doing about it", so there's (b).
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

How come no players voicing support during this time for Vick?

Maybe because the players are happy he's gone?
Deleted User 75

And how come Vick is posting on social media riding around with high school / college kids, playing basketball, etc?

But no likes/comments/anything on any of our players social media stuff? Maybe because he doesn't get along with the other players on the team?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

"how come" social media posts have to mean grand conclusions?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

JFC
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:43 pm "how come" social media posts have to mean grand conclusions?
They don't....but they could mean something. It's possible.

Like a week or 2 ago there was some stupid challenge where you tag people.....literally all of our players were tagged and tagging each other....not a single 1 tagged Vick. That's odd. Might mean something. Might mean nothing....but it's interesting nevertheless.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Where are you seeing Vick posting on social media?
Deleted User 75

Deleted User 75

Gutter wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 pm Where are you seeing Vick posting on social media?
Just random instagram videos...the ones that dissappear after a day or so similar to snapchat.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Gotcha! So we know he's not in prison, the hospital, or in-patient rehab.
What else do we know - in terms of why he's not at KU.
Deleted User 75

Gutter wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:04 pm Gotcha! So we know he's not in prison, the hospital, or in-patient rehab.
What else do we know - in terms of why he's not at KU.
That LaLa is healthy and active...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BubpRf1lSt_ ... 71rjbzejax

From a week ago
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Great.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

I seem to recall a couple of players voicing their support and saying that they hope he is able to come back, right after Vick left. It was Dedric Lawson and someone else, but I can't recall who.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:40 am
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:29 am This thread needs to die.
In fairness, I think the thread was bumped by lobster last night after Self's announcement that Vick wouldn't be here for senior day. That's bump-worthy.
Sorry guys. But I take no responsibility for the weird social media stuff that followed. I agree, this thread is a stale turd.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

He is an above average/good player when he's with the team though.