Vick

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Vick

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:42 am I think the game to game unreliability makes the season stats misleading (and, yes, hollow).

You can apply this to many of our players on the team. Certainly Grimes and Garrett.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Of course. You can twist stats to say anything you want. Which is the point of the question why are you so dug in on this front?
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:03 am
jfish26 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:42 am I think the game to game unreliability makes the season stats misleading (and, yes, hollow).

You can apply this to many of our players on the team. Certainly Grimes and Garrett.
Right.

And that’s why Grimes and Garrett are clearly a cut below Dotson, Och and Dedric.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

I don't believe that the staff forced Vick to leave. I don't think Vick would go along with that story and I KNOW that LaLa Vick wouldn't be a willing participant is that story. I know that being a NCAA Head Coach comes with GM duties too. There are times that you push a player out (Bragg,
Adams, Doyle, Greene, etc.) But none of those players got the PUSH mid-season. I don't think Vick did either.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

None of those guys had a contract with the coach stating terms of being on the team
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

God damn I hate that we have to treat Vick like a middle schooler with made-up contracts.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

LOL @ contracts for amateurs.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I don’t think MG is unreliable. I rely on him to play great defense, not turn the ball over, don’t make stupid plays. Rarely does he let me down.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 am
pdub wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:03 am

Right.

And that’s why Grimes and Garrett are clearly a cut below Dotson, Och and Dedric.
Gotta put five on the court.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

If one were to attempt to make assumptions they might conclude perhaps La La isn't well.
Check out her Twitter account.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

All reasons aside, how frequently does a player take a mid-season leave of absence from a team?
Lonestarjayhawk

ousdahl wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 pm All reasons aside, how frequently does a player take a mid-season leave of absence from a team?

In his senior year when your team is already a man or two or three down, in the middle of a dog-fight to not be the team that ends The Streak?
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:38 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 pm All reasons aside, how frequently does a player take a mid-season leave of absence from a team?

In his senior year when your team is already a man or two or three down, in the middle of a dog-fight to not be the team that ends The Streak?
All that is meaningless if he has real life to take care of back home. Sometimes real life comes calling.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:50 am I don't think Vick would go along with that story and I KNOW that LaLa Vick wouldn't be a willing participant is that story.
Operative word there being "willing."
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

F.O.E.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Lonestarjayhawk

LaLa doesn't strike me as a woman of discretion...could be wrong I don't follow her on Twitter. I have only seen a limited number of her Tweets. But again, no discretion in what I saw.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:49 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:38 pm

All that is meaningless if he has real life to take care of back home. Sometimes real life comes calling.
So if I may ask again: all reasons aside, how often does real life come calling?

It just seems leaves of absence, for any reason by any player on any team, are an extremely rare occurrence.

I don’t recall a single other instance in Self’s tenure?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:57 pm LaLa doesn't strike me as a woman of discretion...could be wrong I don't follow her on Twitter. I have only seen a limited number of her Tweets. But again, no discretion in what I saw.
I agree with that. Which is why it seems just a little strange that the other side of this story hasn't already been broadcast beyond a short statement.

It could mean absolutely nothing, of course. I don't have any idea. My only point is that the LaGerald and the Vick family absolutely need to stay on good terms with KU and Bill for the best of LaGerald's future. Now is the absolute wrong time to push back against Self/KU.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:35 am who here has been actively rooting for him to fail?

many of us are thinking, i told you so, but i doubt any of us want him to fail. if he succeeds, KU succeeds

and i’m not sold on the idea that he makes us better, given all of the issues...guess time will tell
All I know is if and when he comes back and has a great game or saves our ass like he did a few times earlier in the season, the only person who gets to say "I told you so" will be pdub.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

In an incredibly small sample size we sure look like more of a "team" right now.
Just Ledoux it