Vick

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: Vick

Post by Deleted User 89 »

why do feel the need?

everyone knows what happened, and he was berated nonstop then...by you and many others

“our” team got a win, and kid had an historic night. you can fuck right off with that bullshit
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqG56d5HRoo ... p72oev3phh

Lady in the back looks like maybe she's torn on whether or not she wants to cheer for Vick. LOL
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Good for Vick. Good for KU. I hope he does it 30 more times but it's called "historic", not "average" for a reason.

On to the next one.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:10 am why do feel the need?

everyone knows what happened, and he was berated nonstop then...by you and many others

“our” team got a win, and kid had an historic night. you can fuck right off with that bullshit
Deleted
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:10 am i almost liked his curl drive through the lane dunk moreso than his 3s tonight
Did not think he was going to/would be able to dunk that from where he took off...almost jumped outta my chair when he did that, confused my dogs.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:34 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:10 am i almost liked his curl drive through the lane dunk moreso than his 3s tonight
Did not think he was going to/would be able to dunk that from where he took off...almost jumped outta my chair when he did that, confused my dogs.
I don't think even Vick was planning to dunk it at first, but when he got up there and wasn't contested he went for it.

Great night for Vick.
Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:04 pm Shut up. You're his biggest critic. Good game.
I'm his biggest critic when people unrealistically talk about an NBA future for him.

I've never once said someone like Garrett or KJ or Agbaji or Moore should be taking minutes from our lone senior who has multiple years of experience in the rotation, multiple conference titles, elite 8 and final 4 appearances....he's an important piece of our squad and is probably our best 3pt shooter (grimes is the only other relatively dependable 3pt shooter it appears).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Comments like this:
"...but it's called "historic", not "average" for a reason.
On to the next one."

There's always been a general sentiment by people around here that feels like they want Vick to fail and some other kid to come in and replace him.
It's odd to me.
Wouldn't you want a kid to have a second chance to come back and prove himself and play well and lead a team? And an unheralded kid who will be a Jayhawk for four years?

Of course it's historic. It's never been done in the history of Kansas basketball. If this were Vonte doing this people would be loosing their shit.
Deleted User 75

I feel like people do that (cheer for failure) to 1 or 2 guys per year.

This year it's Vick and Lightfoot it appears.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:08 am Comments like this:
On to the next one."

There's always been a general sentiment by people around here that feels like they want Vick to fail and some other kid to come in and replace him.
It's odd to me.
Wouldn't you want a kid to have a second chance to come back and prove himself and play well and lead a team? And an unheralded kid who will be a Jayhawk for four years?

Of course it's historic. It's never been done in the history of Kansas basketball. If this were Vonte doing this people would be loosing their shit.
Yep.

People still talk about the KD game and he played for the wrong team, more than a decade ago.

Vick's performance last night made me think of that Texas KD game in that he just could not miss.

It was a great performance. If he wore tighter shoes he'd have been 10/10 on threes?!?!?!

32 points on 14 shots without even getting to the FT line is crazy.

but, alas, we should all move on to the next game, God forbid we enjoy a great performance.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 am I feel like people do that (cheer for failure) to 1 or 2 guys per year.

Well, we don't want everyone to succeed too much for fear we end up with the dreaded #1 seed.

Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:19 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 am I feel like people do that (cheer for failure) to 1 or 2 guys per year.

Well, we don't want everyone to succeed too much for fear we end up with the dreaded #1 seed.
Not a 1 seed! We're better off being a 4 seed that nobody thinks about!
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

That dunk was crazy. Kind of like even HE didn't expect to be that high.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I didn't know what was happening - I thought he was going to try and lay it up/scoop it in.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

my seats are on that side of the court, close to the band

i had a great view of it...play of the night for me
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

On to the next one."

It's odd to me.

Obviously I am thrilled with Vick's performance. Shit, I gave him a standing ovation from my family room. Talk about confusing the dog. And I hope he has many more nights like this.

But the fact that he did this right after a 32 minute 2 point disappearing act pretty much sums up Vick's career in a nutshell. Great talent capable of being an excellent player but just doesn't put it together on even close to a nightly basis. I am bummed for both him and for KU that he hasn't found a way to dial in better performances on a more consistent basis. Some talents never figure that out; it is the hardest part of the game in my opinion.

Like I said, good for him, good for KU. If my lack of getting carried away with the heaping of praise beyond that bugs you then so be it. I am sorry if my comments made you think that I don't think he should get a second chance or that I would rather see someone younger come in this year and bump Vick out because that is not the case.

I will be at this Friday's game and will scream and cheer for a repeat performance from Vick and clap and cheer in appreciation when he is announced in the starting lineup.

I have problem with Vick at all; I just realize he is what he is.
Deleted User 75

It's easy to look that good when shots fall. Most of the shots (maybe all) came within the flow of offense, which is what I was most thrilled about. He was aggressive, but wasn't forcing the issue.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

College basketball rankings: Lagerald Vick is latest developing star at No. 2 Kansas who wasn't a top-75 recruit
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... 5-recruit/

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Vick's explosion is the latest example of KU turning a sub-75 guard into a player who can be a go-to player for a program that's won 14 straight Big 12 regular-season titles. In recent years, there's been Frank Mason — who was ranked 118th in the Class of 2013 before becoming the 2017 CBS Sports National Player of the Year. Then there was Devonte Graham — who was ranked 99th in the Class of 2014 before becoming the 2018 Big 12 Player of the Year. And now there's Vick — who was ranked 81st in the Class of 2015 before scoring 32 in the second game of his senior season."

1 Duke
2 Kansas
3 Tennessee ( possible opponent next week )
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

On to the next one."

It's odd to me.

What's odd to me is that you don't understand why people might not get all giddy about Vick as a human interest story. Also odd and sort of gross that it's important to you to defend Vick from getting, like, hurt internet feelings by contact high, but you're cool with (and want to double down on) Vick and his daughter being FOR-FUCKING-BIDDEN from getting any cash in connection with the school making a ton of cash on him.