McCormack??

Kansas Basketball.
jhawk23

McCormack??

Post by jhawk23 »

Anyone?? Any ideas as to why no minutes for him this evening?

Any news is appreciated.

That is all...
ousdahl

Re: McCormack??

Post by ousdahl »

well yeah, but, Mitch Lightfoot.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

He woulda gotten chewn up and spit out by the Catamounts. Doke was effective because of his experience and ability to get easy baskets. Mitch also knows the system and how to defend and not make mistakes. He will get his against better match ups and during foul trouble.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mitch knows the system, plays smart, and hustles. He can even be good for a weak side block.

But man, one on one, man to man, he’s one of the worst defenders we’ve ever had.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

also FREE MCCORMACK
jhawk23

Post by jhawk23 »

You don't bring a guy like McCormack in to ride the pine in these early games and not give him some floor time and then shove him in during conference. I just hope he's not hurt, ill...or something else has come up.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Once Deeedrick got in foul trouble, we played mostly small ball.

Blame it on Vick, who was too hot to sit.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

no reason not to at least give mcCormack a look tho. Hes too talented to not check into a game. let him live and learn a little bit
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^^

Does anyone wanna argue that we’re better off giving those minutes to Mitch?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:51 pm ^^^^

Does anyone wanna argue that we’re better off giving those minutes to Mitch?
Self.

Apparently.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

billselfsuggestionbox.jpg

I think he’ll come around. I know he’s partial to upperclassmen who know the system and what not, but even Self will soon grow tired of seeing Mitch get punked.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:08 pm no reason not to at least give mcCormack a look tho. Hes too talented to not check into a game. let him live and learn a little bit
That's not how Self works. You live and learn a little in practice. He clearly views games as having the sole goal of winning that single game. He views practice as THE place where you learn, develop, and earn minutes. He rarely has (if ever) and probably never will consistently play someone just for the hell of it, in an attempt to develop that individual player for future purposes.

There are pros and cons to it (we have gone over them a thousand times). It seems to work for him. It also seems to work for the majority of our players. He's about the "team" and less about using games as the best way to develop individual players. It's a 40min game. Practices are several hours and private practice time can be focused on developing certain aspects of players individual skills more effectively and efficiently that during games where that may not be what's best for the team.

I always come back to this thought: if you preach family and selflessness and buying into the team concept to the players from day 1....then you've got to play the players who have earned those minutes and give the team the best chance to win that night.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Gotta give him more time. His time will come.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

HCBS coaches to win. Our best chance to win against a very game Vermont team was 4 littles around the Big Dok. The Big Dok and LeGerry were white hot. We needed to win at that moment. Not stroke the ego of a freshmen.

The big freshman will get his time when that time is right.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That time could be Friday night at 7 PM/8 PM ET.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We're going to do this after every game, aren't we? Someone should just make one big thread titled "Why Didn't (fill in the blank) Play More Last Game?!?"
Deleted User 75

McCormack is going to have a lot of DNP this year. He will get to play in blowouts, which we should have plenty of...but in close/big games I think his 5min against MSU is probably what we should expect from him minutes wise.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Frontbutt, you and michhawk don't have to participate in the conversation if you don't want to. You guys can just stick to the politics board.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:18 pm You guys can just stick to the politics board.
A 90% poli-bored poster indicated that the basketball threads are insufferable. LOL

Why do we have a politics dominated message board disguised as a Kansas Jayhawks sports message board?