republicans have no shame

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: republicans have no shame

Post by TDub »

So start your own business.

It takes a tremendous amount od time and energy to start a business. Much more than it takes to show up and book reservations
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

it only creates more buying power if baseline pricing remains the same. It wont, pricing will increase to capture rising labor expenses
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Perhaps.

But I still don’t think you should be so dismissive of initiatives to help the working class.

And there’s also the issue that our nation is up past our eyeballs in debt. If we don’t come up with some sort of tax reform (and specifically tax reform that actually allows us to collect taxes on the folks who actually possess the wealth, hoards and hoards of wealth), then how else are we gonna pay for it?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I am the working class. Im bot dismissive of helping us. I just dont think that menial jobs should be the end goal. Those are stepping stone jobs not meant to support a family comfortably.

Thw debt issue can be dealt with by shrinking federal oversight and thus feseral expenditures. More power and responsibility to individuals and states. Less at the federal level. Help take care of each other and our own communities and less reliance on federal programs and incentives. Nothing done at the federal level is an efficient use of funds.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, budget reform could go a long way. (Looking at you, military...)

But I don’t think we should think of any job as “menial.” Our grandparents didn’t think of those jobs as menial, cuz for our grandparents, many of those jobs could still support a family.

And yes, you are the working class. So act like it! Argue for your own best economic interests, rather than continuing to argue for the uber rich getting richer.

Bear in mind, if it was up to the 1 percenter capitalists, most of us would still be working 90 hour weeks for a nickel an hour.

And if you loose an arm cuz of lax regulations at work, you want to be compensated for it?! Psh! Put a band aid on your stump and get back to work.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just because i dont act like you doesnt mean im acting wrong or against myself.

I think we could all be a little tougher. And yes, there ARE menial jobs. Ignorong that and glorifying them doesnt make them less menial.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If your boss came to you and said the top brass now considers your job to be menial and asked you to take a pay cut cuz of it, would you?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Id find a new job. There are plenty of places that need carpenters. If that sidnt work Id learn a new skill/trade....thats happened before.
What I wouldn't do is whine about it and ask the government to fix it for me or go around crowing about how no jobs are menial while demanding rich people pay for my shit.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:14 am I am the working class. Im bot dismissive of helping us. I just dont think that menial jobs should be the end goal. Those are stepping stone jobs not meant to support a family comfortably.

Thw debt issue can be dealt with by shrinking federal oversight and thus feseral expenditures. More power and responsibility to individuals and states. Less at the federal level. Help take care of each other and our own communities and less reliance on federal programs and incentives. Nothing done at the federal level is an efficient use of funds.
"Help take care of each other and our own communities and less reliance on federal programs and incentives."

Have you not been paying attention to the last few months of leaving it up to citizens to "help take care of each other" ? Are you kidding me? Stack that on the giant pile of GOP platform hypocrisy.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Thanks for your input, really insightful stuff coach.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:34 pm Id find a new job. There are plenty of places that need carpenters. If that sidnt work Id learn a new skill/trade....thats happened before.
What I wouldn't do is whine about it and ask the government to fix it for me or go around crowing about how no jobs are menial while demanding rich people pay for my shit.
But generally speaking, what if you search for work and you find more jobs in more places that don’t pay shit cuz they are labeled as menial?

At what point does it make you uncomfortable? How hard are you willing to work when you aren’t advancing yourself so much as advancing the elitist lifestyle of the folks you work for?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

then you keep working. Improving, honing your craft or moving along to a new opportunity or option. I dont give a damn about how the elite are living, it matters not to me. I work and do the best that I can with the options available and if i want more options then you go make them. Too much worrying about and whining about how much someone else has vs how much you have. Thats a product of everyone gets a trophy bullshit.

All that being said, perhaps it all stems from the fact that I dont envy the rich and the elite. I dont want yachts and 8k dollar champagne and helicopters and maids. None of that is all that exciting to me. Give me a small cabin in the woods, and a little bit of land to live on and Im happy.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Actually, we agree about pretty much everything there.

But, historically speaking, I’m not sure the 1 percenter types want dudes like us owning land, either.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

well if i go out and work and pay for it, then fuckem. I mean, fuckem anyways, but i dont really care they dont bother me its life. But if i earn land and they want it, come on then. Im your huckleberry.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:13 pm Actually, we agree about pretty much everything there.

But, historically speaking, I’m not sure the 1 percenter types want dudes like us owning land, either.
I dont think any of us truly have a very good grasp of what the "1 percenter types" want tbh.

Do i think some are probably greedy assholes? Sure. But so are many of the other 99 percenter types.

I dont think all, or even most, of the "1 percenter types" are evil and have it out for the rest of us.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

well we left England by then and doing the opposite. 17 years later we were giving 160 acres to anyone that wanted to go claim it
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

additionally, i dont know for sure but isnt common land different than private land?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:40 am Just because i dont act like you doesnt mean im acting wrong or against myself.

I think we could all be a little tougher. And yes, there ARE menial jobs. Ignorong that and glorifying them doesnt make them less menial.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CD0M1YDAhgZ ... sl2uvnuxiz
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yay! Everybody gets a trophy! Good job!
Just Ledoux it