Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: republicans have no shame

Post by ousdahl »

No one said your job was menial.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Back on topic, is there any difference between Fox News and the GOP any more?

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1293718056359862273
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:35 am Back on topic, is there any difference between Fox News and the GOP any more?

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1293718056359862273
Run for the ballot box, the communists are coming!
Run for the ballot box, they're coming for your guns!
Run for the ballot box, they're coming for your children!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Fox News (and the Facebook algorithm) do seem to be the tail wagging the dog.

If they aren’t, then I don’t know where else my parents get the fuel for their outrage.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:35 am No one said your job was menial.
Its not, but if it was I'd hope that i would try to advance instead of complaining about it and wanting recognition and trophies
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:14 am Nothing done at the federal level is an efficient use of funds.
yeah, who needs clean air and water anyway?

might as well get rid of the EPA, the Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, NPS, and the like

fuck the Antiquities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and others

this pandemic has definitely shown that we can trust our neighbors to do what’s right and help each other out, and that out neighboring states will do what’s right and look out for the greater good and betterment of the whole
Deleted User 318

The FDA also seems like it's going to be pretty darn relevant in about five months.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

if states had more budget you would see more of that done at the state level.

Are you arguing that the federal government is judicious in their spending and running at utmost efficiency?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Technology and big government is the worst thing thats happened to the environment in history
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

i’m arguing that you can’t leave it to states...otherwise, well, they’d be their own country

ok, that’s a stretch...maybe

there is certainly bloat, waste and corruption at the federal level, but to pretend it doesn’t happen at the state or local levels is just flat-out dishonest

i’m grateful that we have federal land protection acts. without them some of the most beautiful parts of Utah would be open to development

even with them, place like Bears Ears are now open to much more destructive land use, largely because states can now profit off of their leasing
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:12 am Technology and big government is the worst thing thats happened to the environment in history
this is a joke, right?

i can’t take you seriously if that’s your view. technology, i agree with, but federal protections are really the only thing that have kept our wilderness areas somewhat pristine
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:19 am
TDub wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:12 am Technology and big government is the worst thing thats happened to the environment in history
this is a joke, right?

i can’t take you seriously if that’s your view. technology, i agree with, but federal protections are really the only thing that have kept our wilderness areas somewhat pristine
yea the protection is good, how much negative has government done to the environment over the last 200 years?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:20 am
this is a joke, right?

yea the protection is good, how much negative has government done to the environment over the last 200 years?
a whole lot less than it would’ve done had federal regulations and protections not been in place

i really can’t believe i’m having this argument with you, of all people

i get it, there are many things that feds shouldn’t have as much say in as they do. but environmental protections are absolutely NOT one of those things. states and individuals cannot be left to their own devices when it comes to environmental issues, because failing doesn’t just effect them.

if you own land that has a water source on it, you can do everything in your power to keep that water source pristine. but if your neighbor, or folks in another state upstream are assholes and dump chemicals down the drain, burn down all their trees, or run too many cattle, all of that byproduct flows into your property...or the wildlife disappears because your patch of forest is now an island, and not big enough to support the faunal community without your neighbor’s trees
Deleted User 89

my pops worked for the Forest Service for 35 years, much of that time in the 70s and 80s

on multiple occasions he had guns pulled on him while he was doing fence checks on horseback along national forest boundaries, by ranchers who had over-grazed their own land and thought they should have access to the national forest

do you think those sorts of people should have unfettered access to our natural resources?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

this is a joke, right?

How much negative have free market corporations done to the environment over the last 200 years?

Not sure the gummint is the one catching rivers on fire.

Yeah, the protection is good.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:31 am

this is a joke, right?

a whole lot less than it would’ve done had federal regulations and protections not been in place

i really can’t believe i’m having this argument with you, of all people

i get it, there are many things that feds shouldn’t have as much say in as they do. but environmental protections are absolutely NOT one of those things. states and individuals cannot be left to their own devices when it comes to environmental issues, because failing doesn’t just effect them.

if you own land that has a water source on it, you can do everything in your power to keep that water source pristine. but if your neighbor, or folks in another state upstream are assholes and dump chemicals down the drain, burn down all their trees, or run too many cattle, all of that byproduct flows into your property...or the wildlife disappears because your patch of forest is now an island, and not big enough to support the faunal community without your neighbor’s trees
Well, to be fair, i didn't bring upnthe environment, that was you. Maybe that's a piece we keep federally regulated. But moreso what I was getting at is that native peoples roamed the land for thousands of years and it wasnt until our technologies and desires for expansion, many driven by the governement, caused irreparable harm to the way of life and the environment.

On another note. I got guns pulled on me by federal ODFW officers while hunting because their map/boundary was wrong and i argued with them. Do we want those people having ultimate authority?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

ODFW is state, right?
Deleted User 318

More Birtherism

https://www.axios.com/kamala-harris-new ... 22797.html

Trump campaign official pushes baseless Newsweek op-ed claiming Harris may not be VP-eligible
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

WhErE’s HeR BiRtH CeRTiFiCaTe!!!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s pretty full-circle, considering it is thee conspiracy that launched Trump’s political career.