republicans have no shame

Ugh.
Deleted User 89

Re: republicans have no shame

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:38 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:31 am
TDub wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:20 am

yea the protection is good, how much negative has government done to the environment over the last 200 years?
a whole lot less than it would’ve done had federal regulations and protections not been in place

i really can’t believe i’m having this argument with you, of all people

i get it, there are many things that feds shouldn’t have as much say in as they do. but environmental protections are absolutely NOT one of those things. states and individuals cannot be left to their own devices when it comes to environmental issues, because failing doesn’t just effect them.

if you own land that has a water source on it, you can do everything in your power to keep that water source pristine. but if your neighbor, or folks in another state upstream are assholes and dump chemicals down the drain, burn down all their trees, or run too many cattle, all of that byproduct flows into your property...or the wildlife disappears because your patch of forest is now an island, and not big enough to support the faunal community without your neighbor’s trees
Well, to be fair, i didn't bring upnthe environment, that was you. Maybe that's a piece we keep federally regulated. But moreso what I was getting at is that native peoples roamed the land for thousands of years and it wasnt until our technologies and desires for expansion, many driven by the governement, caused irreparable harm to the way of life and the environment.

On another note. I got guns pulled on me by federal ODFW officers while hunting because their map/boundary was wrong and i argued with them. Do we want those people having ultimate authority?
actually, regardless of whether those were state or federal officials, i have no problem with the spirit of what they were trying to do. they obviously failed in their execution, but does that mean there shouldn’t be an effort to prevent poaching?

i’d be curious to know what led to their maps being wrong

and funny that you mention native peoples. the feds absolutely fucked them over, largely because of manifest destiny and the idea (held by white men) that they had the right to own land, an idea that goes against most native peoples’ traditional beliefs.

i only brought up the environment because of your blanket statement about the feds, and how they need to mind their own business and put the power in the hands of states and local communities...which, for certain things i definitely agree with you

but the feds aren’t the boogey man...individual assholes are
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, there has long been a culture of boogeymanning the gummint, as if gummint itself is the problem.

But yeah, it’s the individual assholes.

This has manifested itself recently with the tea party types, who purposefully throw a monkey wrench in the gears of governing just to self-fulfill their talking point that the gummint don’t work.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

So you support wildlife officers pulling guns on citizens? It was because the forest allotment fence corners were in the wrong spots but the surveyed corners were clearly visible
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’d prefer if every officer would hesitate to pull a gun in any situation.

For your own sake, I’m glad you didn’t do anything to make them fear for their lives.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:45 pm So you support wildlife officers pulling guns on citizens? It was because the forest allotment fence corners were in the wrong spots but the surveyed corners were clearly visible
that’s not what i said at all

but, i’d be curious to know what exactly happened. did they approach you with weapons drawn?

and yes, if they suspect that you’re poaching, and you’re visibly armed, they have every right to draw their weapons.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latime ... f_amp=true

and that was just the first one that popped up on a quick search
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/17/politics ... index.html

I don't really care that much from an environmental perspective. I care from a bullshit perspective. The oil market is completely over-saturated. I doubt that drilling there would even be profitable
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think its terrible on both ends
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Is this really Laura Loomer? If so, lulz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUbeQYZ9a4
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... ationship/

"In a claim likely to intensify the controversy surrounding one of the most influential figures in the American Christian conservative movement, a business partner of Jerry Falwell Jr has come forward to say he had a years-long sexual relationship involving Falwell’s wife and the evangelical leader.

Giancarlo Granda says he was 20 when he met Jerry and Becki Falwell while working as a pool attendant at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel in March 2012. Starting that month and continuing into 2018, Granda told Reuters that the relationship involved him having sex with Becki Falwell while Jerry Falwell looked on."

Pretty sure they violated almost every item in the Liberty University Personal Code of Conduct. Throw it on the top of the "fucking hypocrites" pile.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The scumbag then blamed it on his wife.
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

FAMILY VALUES!!

I wonder how the Psychs of world circle that square? These are the supporters!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

zsn wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:07 pm FAMILY VALUES!!

I wonder how the Psychs of world circle that square? These are the supporters!
A good friend of mine grew up in the Assemblies of God church. Went to seminary and became a minister for the church for a few years. He left to run Hollywood at Home and then a Priscilla's. They have a built in mechanism for this. 1st is to lay blame with women. The second is "we're not perfect, just forgiven". Pretty convenient.
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

LOL 😂😂😂

Why didn’t I think of running this scam!!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Best part is, no taxes.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The best part of this is that Jerry is no longer the highest paid pole watcher in the GOP.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... AfgMv_Q1ac

Organizer of Trump boat parades in Florida facing charge of threatening neighbor
An avid supporter of President Trump who organizes boat parades in Florida and attended the Republican National Convention last week, is accused of sending threatening messages to his neighbor.

Carlos Enrique Gavidia, 53, is slated to appear in court on Wednesday to face a felony charge of written threats to kill or do bodily harm, according to a police report obtained by from local outlet CBS 12.

The alleged victim, Paul Edenbaum, told Jupiter Police that he was eating with his wife at the Marina Cafe last month when Gavidia pointed at him and approached their table.

Edenbaum said his neighbor threw his hands in the air and allegedly said “f--- you, you f---ing little Jew,” before calling his wife a misogynistic slur and leaving.

According to Edenbaum, he received a text full of explicit language from Gavidia several minutes later.

“You f----d with the wrong guy I'm coming for you you'll see you will see you little f-----g piece of s--t,” the message read, according to the police report. “I’ve got nothing to lose but you have plenty like your life, you have no idea who I am I want to get your little f-----g friends flicking me off calling me names while we're at the f-----g Marina Cafe you f----d with the wrong guy. And I don't play like you p-----s I play for keeps your f-----g done."