republicans have no shame

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: republicans have no shame

Post by Shirley »

I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong. Republicans, or, at least one of them, do have a "plan".

Turns out, Trump was wrong because apparently, solving our nation's health care problems isn't "complicated", at all.

Now, after a mere 10 years of demagoguing the ACA and threatening to throw tens of millions of Americans off their health care insurance with no discernible plan to replace it, republican Lindsey Graham is going to "provide better coverage at a lower cost" and he's going to do it "through flexibility and innovation".

"Flexibility and innovation"? Why TF didn't democrats think of that!

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/sta ... 4122159106

This is so large, I should have posted it to the "Today In So Much Winning!" thread.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Ooooohhh!
Don't inject Lysol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:18 pm I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong. Republicans, or, at least one of them, do have a "plan".

Turns out, Trump was wrong because apparently, solving our nation's health care problems isn't "complicated", at all.

Now, after a mere 10 years of demagoguing the ACA and threatening to throw tens of millions of Americans off their health care insurance with no discernible plan to replace it, republican Lindsey Graham is going to "provide better coverage at a lower cost" and he's going to do it "through flexibility and innovation".

This is so large, I should have posted it to the "Today In So Much Winning!" thread.
Government funded yoga classes for everyone?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:33 pm
Feral wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:18 pm I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong. Republicans, or, at least one of them, do have a "plan".

Government funded yoga classes for everyone?
Of course! But, that's not all!

Lindsey's sophisticated and comprehensive "plan" to repeal and replace the ACA with more coverage for everyone and, for less money, would be enough in itself, but to demonstrate just how flexible and innovative his "plan" is, Lindsey's also throwing in...

you know where I'm going...

wait for it...

tax cuts for the already filthy rich!

#winning!
Anand Giridharadas
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Tax cuts to fix healthcare.
That's what I call flexible and innovative.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

This was funny:
"According to a report from Axios, noted legal expert Donald Trump is not confident that the lawsuit attempting to strike down the ACA is going to succeed."
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Geezer wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:29 pm Better yet.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/04/ ... eform.html
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 pm This was funny:
"According to a report from Axios, noted legal expert Donald Trump is not confident that the lawsuit attempting to strike down the ACA is going to succeed."
[T]he president is concerned that Democrats will hammer him on health-care issues in 2020 — thus the pivot to “the party of health care.” Rather than actually develop an actionable policy portfolio after the Obamacare-repeal failures of 2017, Axios reports that Trump intends to “brand” his party as caring about pre-existing conditions, and that he “plans to repeat this message again and again and again.”

Americans are getting the reality TV star's "best"! A marketing/branding campaign full of nothing, but propaganda.

#somuchwinning!
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Feral wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:15 pm
Geezer wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:29 pm Better yet.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/04/ ... eform.html
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 pm This was funny:
[T]he president is concerned that Democrats will hammer him on health-care issues in 2020 — thus the pivot to “the party of health care.” Rather than actually develop an actionable policy portfolio after the Obamacare-repeal failures of 2017, Axios reports that Trump intends to “brand” his party as caring about pre-existing conditions, and that he “plans to repeat this message again and again and again.”

Americans are getting the reality TV star's "best"! A marketing/branding campaign full of nothing, but propaganda.

#somuchwinning!

and his base and, what, 70% of the GOP will eat it up and cast their votes for him
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Who better to put on healthcare can Medicare felon Rick Scott?
Deleted User 89

seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Republicans are going to be the party of great healthcare.

Seems like a bigger lie than that which we all are guilty of, "I actually read the terms of service before I clicked the box that said I had."
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

only the best people
Deleted User 89

i just wonder if he’ll be in his stars and stripes jeep with the mounted artillary on the back
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:37 pm only the best people
^^^

Whistleblower Says White House Overturned 25 Denied Security Clearances

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/01/70872622 ... clearances

...in addition to the two current senior officials, security clearances were also granted to contractors and other individuals in the executive office of the president, despite their having "a wide range of serious disqualifying issues involving foreign influence, conflicts of interest, concerning personal conduct, financial problems, drug use, and criminal conduct."
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Just a reminder, Obama appointed an IRS director who abused the power of the federal government to target...

...Forget it, Jake, it's Feral.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Endless loop of whataboutism.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Endless loop of we only care now, because Orange Man Bad!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto