Offensive and Defensive Coordinators

Kansas Football.
hartjack8
Contributor

Re: Offensive and Defensive Coordinators

Post by hartjack8 »

No I don't think so. Going to end up in the SEC but he only has one year left and Arkansas was terrible.
He most likely going to end up at Auburn. It would not surprise me to see him go to Auburn and Hugh Freeze show up as the new OC.
Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

Just received an e-mail saying Miles has hired Chevis Jackson as defensive backs coach.
Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

It is official. Miles has hired Chip Lindsey! Just got an e-mail from Les...
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Like the hire a lot.

His last year at Southern Miss, he had a 4,000 yards passer, 2 1,000 yard rushers and a 1,000 yard receiver.

If Les kind of lets him go and do his thing, it could mean big things. That's a big if though..

Lindsey never got the chance to do his thing really at Auburn with Malzahn being as hands on as any coach in CFB. I think this past year was a power struggle which is why Auburn struggled. 2017, they were outstanding and rolling on offense.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Now we need a Defensive Coordinator and 15 days of havoc on the recruiting trail. Also, some official news on who/any of the existing staff is staying.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Good insight to his time at Auburn.

https://twitter.com/auburnrivals/status ... 38369?s=21
I am, I said.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I have no doubt that Lindsey's offense will thrive in the Big 12. I don't see how any Les Miles critics can question this hire. It's a homerun.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Here we are, talking positive about KU Football!!!!

Who could have envisioned this prior to our new AD being hired?
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Like the hire a lot. Does the position
provide the chance for advancement in the future?
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:18 am Like the hire a lot. Does the position
provide the chance for advancement in the future?
Don't be shocked if all goes well with his offense that he would take over the reigns in a handful of years.

Still pretty young. Only setback is that he is a lot like Beaty in terms of experience. College for a handful of years, but before that, was a HS Head Coach only. Little difficult to sell boosters on that after Beaty's whole ordeal.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Sounds like he was tired of Malzahn meddling in the offense at Auburn. I like this hire.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:09 pm Sounds like he was tired of Malzahn meddling in the offense at Auburn. I like this hire.
Yep. 2018 was a bad year for Malzahn and Lindsey. Lindsey is likely jumping ship now before Malzahn gets let go. He knows his stuff. His worst year was last year. Other than that, his offenses have been top 50 or so. He’s good.

UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

That's the impression I got when I looked back at his career numbers. Wow it feels weird having a legit coaching staff so far.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Bryant Commits to Mizzou over AU. Fuck Mizzery
Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

Any chance he is keeping Bowen? Is it strange that Miles hired a defensive back coach before he hired his DC? Wouldn't you want that person's input?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don’t think it’s that weird, especially where a position coach’s coaching duties are sort of like a high school coach’s science-teaching duties.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

With the hiring of Chevis I strongly doubt it. It is in both parties best interests that he moves on.

Not necessarily. In coaching there is a hierarchy. In the case of Chevis you either fall in line with the guy above you or you move on. It is up to Chevis to adjust his coaching style and philosophy to match the DC. My guess is that Miles has a DC or a couple DCs in mind and let Chevis know who they might be so that he could get a better idea on their styles and philosophies around defense and if he could be potentially comfortable with them.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah position coaches can really go with anything and any coach. It's all about a personality fit more than anything. And Chevis seems like a good dude who is well-liked by many. He'll have no problem fitting in.

I imagine that Kansas will have their DC and the majority of rest of their staff by the end of the week. Need to hit recruiting trail hard with their schemes and how they are going to play the next few years or so.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I’d be shocked if Chevis’s name wasn’t already ran by all of the DC candidates.