ACA meltdown thread

Ugh.
Geezer

Re: ACA meltdown thread

Post by Geezer »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:55 pm
Nobody told you that the reduction in corporate tax rate from 35% to 21% would result in companies no longer doing stock buy backs....it also doesn't mean they aren't doing what you want them to be doing with the reduced tax burden (them getting to keep more of their income), but I'm also not sure what you are wanting so I don't know if they are or aren't doing those things too.
I believe that the President of the United States was the person who said this would happen. JOBS, WAGES!!!!
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:54 pm
zsn wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:25 pm
dolomite wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:57 am Pelosi advised, "just pass the bill and THEN read it". Apparently too many followed her advice (the passing part that is). I seriously doubt if Obama ever read it, because he said you can keep your Dr. lol
I think it would be a safe bet that more of those who voted for the ACA have a better grasp (and agreed with the contents) than those who voted for the most recently passed tax scam....I mean scheme.....I mean....

Anyway, it would also be a safer bet that the ACA has delivered on more of its intended goals than the aforementioned tax bill. I seriously doubt most Republicans even saw the bill, let alone read it, in its final form before voting. Deficits, what deficits??
Wasn't the tax bill going to spur all this amazing economic development and investment? On pace now for the worst stock market month of December since the Great Depression "shockingly" coinciding with a ton of companies using their tax breaks to buy back their own stocks. And the rich just get richer and richer.
You work at a bank, right?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:30 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:55 pm
Nobody told you that the reduction in corporate tax rate from 35% to 21% would result in companies no longer doing stock buy backs....it also doesn't mean they aren't doing what you want them to be doing with the reduced tax burden (them getting to keep more of their income), but I'm also not sure what you are wanting so I don't know if they are or aren't doing those things too.
I believe that the President of the United States was the person who said this would happen. JOBS, WAGES!!!!
lulz@you
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DC is rolling downhill and taking no prisoners!

No doubt the evidence for tax cuts paying for themselves can't be far behind!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:39 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:54 pm
zsn wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:25 pm

I think it would be a safe bet that more of those who voted for the ACA have a better grasp (and agreed with the contents) than those who voted for the most recently passed tax scam....I mean scheme.....I mean....

Anyway, it would also be a safer bet that the ACA has delivered on more of its intended goals than the aforementioned tax bill. I seriously doubt most Republicans even saw the bill, let alone read it, in its final form before voting. Deficits, what deficits??
Wasn't the tax bill going to spur all this amazing economic development and investment? On pace now for the worst stock market month of December since the Great Depression "shockingly" coinciding with a ton of companies using their tax breaks to buy back their own stocks. And the rich just get richer and richer.
You work at a bank, right?
A family owned private bank, yes.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 pm DC is rolling downhill and taking no prisoners!

No doubt the evidence for tax cuts paying for themselves can't be far behind!
Are you the Don, Sancho, or, as I suspect, the ass?

Whatever the case, you're whooping those windmill's butts!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... ods-market

Health Insurance That Doesn’t Cover the Bills Has Flooded the Market Under Trump
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:35 pm https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... ods-market

Health Insurance That Doesn’t Cover the Bills Has Flooded the Market Under Trump
"I don't think that anybody could have predicted that" an unrelenting assault on the ACA for most of a decade with no viable plan for what would replace it would result in a degradation of health care for many Americans.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^

who knew it could be so complicated?