So...Alex Acosta...

Ugh.
seahawk

Re: So...Alex Acosta...

Post by seahawk »

Since you love whataboutism, can you point to the times that the Big Dog talked about having sex with his daughter or appeared in public in the most salacious photos with her?

Bill Clinton, whom I'm on record as being not a fan of, BTW, I'm trying to remember him talking about dating his daughter.
Don't inject Lysol.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

The latest on Epstein and friends--seems the Courts say that some documents can be unsealed, with little redaction. Hmm.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-e ... d-sex-ring
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

"lulz"

Jeffrey Epstein Arrested For Sex Trafficking of Minors:

Jeffrey Epstein was reportedly arrested on Saturday and will appear in New York court on Monday to be charged with sex trafficking, according to multiple law enforcement sources...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

And Trump is going to allege "witch hunt" in 3...2...1...seconds:

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/11 ... 4107432962
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Luke 17:2.
Don't inject Lysol.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I will never understand guys my age or thereabouts having any physical interest in teenagers. No bail. Riker’s.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Life is different when you have fuck you money.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I dunno he kinda reminds me of that Penn state coach who molested boys! sick sonsabitches.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:04 am I dunno he kinda reminds me of that Penn state coach who molested boys! sick sonsabitches.
Do you mean this high school wrestling "coach", from Yorkville, Illinois? Who preyed on boys as young as 14, one of whom later committed suicide, and who had the gall to sue one of his victims in an effort to get his hush money back? That "coach"?

How Dennis Hastert Demonized Gays as Predators While He Was the True ‘Super-Predator’
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

This is incredibly reductive and facile, but: it is not lost on me that the same office that is now getting around to prosecuting Epstein spent two years (?) on an investigation that resulted in criminalizing violations of the NCAA's rulebook.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:56 am This is incredibly reductive and facile, but: it is not lost on me that the same office that is now getting around to prosecuting Epstein spent two years (?) on an investigation that resulted in criminalizing violations of the NCAA's rulebook.
Completely different divisions.

That's like getting upset at the KC Chiefs because the Royals made a bad trade.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:56 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:56 am This is incredibly reductive and facile, but: it is not lost on me that the same office that is now getting around to prosecuting Epstein spent two years (?) on an investigation that resulted in criminalizing violations of the NCAA's rulebook.
Completely different divisions.

That's like getting upset at the KC Chiefs because the Royals made a bad trade.
As I tried to acknowledge - it's not a perfect or even very good set of dots to connect. It is undoubtedly true, though, that SDNY (as evidenced here) has much more important fish to fry than breakers of NCAA rules. And it has only so many fisherman to catch the fish, and only so many cooks to fry them up, and only so many kitchens to fry them in.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Trump's previous personal attorney Michael Cohen is doing time, so how nice it must be for him to have a new "fixer":

https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/sta ... 9320771584
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:11 pm Trump's previous personal attorney Michael Cohen is doing time, so how nice it must be for him to have a new "fixer":

There are so many ways in which the damage from the events leading up to the present moment will outlast and continue to haunt after Trump's presidency ends (should he let it). It is nearly unfathomable that the Attorney General can act in such open and obvious bad faith, and will totally get away with it.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:17 pm
Feral wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:11 pm Trump's previous personal attorney Michael Cohen is doing time, so how nice it must be for him to have a new "fixer":

There are so many ways in which the damage from the events leading up to the present moment will outlast and continue to haunt after Trump's presidency ends (should he let it). It is nearly unfathomable that the Attorney General can act in such open and obvious bad faith, and will totally get away with it.
^^^ x 1,000

I imagine it's much too much to hope for, but there's a part of me that can't help but want this unrelenting lack of regard for convention, for the separation of powers, and the lack of respect for the rule of law, i.e., the abject obstruction by the Trump Administration at every turn, to motivate Bob Mueller to go off script, rogue, and tell us what he really thinks next week during his testimony to congress. It might be our last hope that they don't "totally get away with it".
Anand Giridharadas