Snyder retires

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 266

Re: Snyder retires

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Go Cats? God bless America? WTF? I'll go with all 3.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Xsl_sgosG/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’ll assume he’s wearing half a shirt as a nod to their half a mascot.
surly

Post by surly »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:07 pm Feels like they just hired their version of Gameball.
Um, I think we should be careful here in assessments. They beat the shit out of the 11th ranked FCS team.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes.
Their first coach did better than our first coach in their first game.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Can't compare yet. Still a ways away from that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We can absolutely compare in the timeframe mentioned which is game one for both new coaches.

ksu of course has a bit more molded players returning but they played, on paper, a better team, and mashed em.

We won in the last minutes.

So, yea, ksus coach did better in his first game.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

a wise man once said, a win is a win
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Is that difference gap more on the coach or players? KSU has a clearly better two deep roster with the biggest advantage being at QB. I'm one of the biggest homers on this board for KU but even I don't believe that KU is a better football team, top to bottom than KSU right now.

Comparing Kleinman to Miles after one game 1 isn't really an apples to apples comparison.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Apples to walnuts comparison. ISU was loaded with experience and size.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Their experience was one I didn't think of until the game was over.

Their OL was all 5th year seniors. Their DL was full of 4th year Juniors or 3rd year sophomores and a 5th year senior in there as well.

Also, let's not act like Kansas played great against Nicholls and got beat. They sucked. Beaty sucked. And they got beat. They had 255 yards of total offense. Just unacceptable to have under 300 yards of offense in a game, especially against an FCS team.

Kansas was not good last Saturday, but yet they still won against a team that seemed looked better than Nicholls did last year on the same field. And yet, Kansas was still in control while not playing well being up 16-3 and marching before a fumble and then just stalling out on offense when everyone knew they were going to run the ball.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

surly wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:30 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:07 pm Feels like they just hired their version of Gameball.
Um, I think we should be careful here in assessments. They beat the shit out of the 11th ranked FCS team.
Which, in the grand scheme of things, means absolutely nothing.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:47 am Is that difference gap more on the coach or players? KSU has a clearly better two deep roster with the biggest advantage being at QB. I'm one of the biggest homers on this board for KU but even I don't believe that KU is a better football team, top to bottom than KSU right now.

Comparing Kleinman to Miles after one game 1 isn't really an apples to apples comparison.
From a talent cupboard standpoint, Klieman upgraded from NDSU. There was nothing surprising about that game's result and it doesn't say anything about how Klieman will do in that job.
surly

Post by surly »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:36 pm Can't compare yet. Still a ways away from that.
KSU at Mississippi State and KU at Boston College will be the best early comparative assuming one or the other doesn't shit their pants this weekend. KU has the easier opponent Saturday. Difficult to judge who made the best hire but xm84 B12 expert said yesterday KSU would finish 10th and was most likely in-conference team to be upset this weekend.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The best hire? Jeebus. Les can recruit at least. KSU is reverting to the historical mean.
surly

Post by surly »

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KSU putting new paint on the trailer park!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

how optimistic are ksufans right now after the scary transition away from old balls?
surly

Post by surly »

pdub wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:07 am how optimistic are ksufans right now after the scary transition away from old balls?
Rhetorical question.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

well, maybe we shoulda hired the d2 guy from north dakota
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

No fucking way. Klieman seems like a fine coach but the two scenarios are entirely different.