who ya got?

Ugh.
Geezer

Re: who ya got?

Post by Geezer »

Trainwrecks draw crowds.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Mayor Pete lost a vote today and knows it.
May have gained mine and didn't have to ask for it.

Video not posting for some unknown reason.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:44 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:40 pm even though the wingnuts of the party were enough to get the man elected in the first place?
The wingnuts had help from the folks that were tired of the same old same old. And rightfully so. Because we are tired. He won't get that vote in such volume as he did in 2016.

Fool us once.

Same old, same old. Locking up kids and sending your attorneys into court to claim that they don't have a right to bathe or brush your teeth. Yeah, I remember that.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Who I would want: Yang / Gabbard

Who I think will be it: Sanders / Warren

I really don't think Trump has much of a chance of winning, unless Biden is chosen as the Democrat. That would be sure win for Trump.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Basically worthless not really thought out thoughts.....
When two guys with old balls are the Democratic frontrunners - I am concerned.
Bernie is a gimmick. Then again, so was Trump. Bernie is a smart man but he's relying too much on rallying against those who can help him get elected. Never a good idea to alienate anyone who who should be in your base. Had to explain to someone yesterday that while there are those who want to feel the BErn, there are those who will ultimately feel the BUrn if he wins.
Joe is legit but shit on/about him will continue to come out and the fact that people were sick of the Democrats as we knew them in 2016 - my guess is most of those who were sick of them in 2016 are not going to want more of the same in 2020.
Big advantage Joe has that Hillary didn't is that he's actually a likable person. At least to a lot more people than Hillary was/wasn't.
Dems better try really freaking hard to nail Donald in the next year and five months or I predict 4 more years of insanity.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

lobster wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:15 pm

I dont think you're correct here. But, if you are, prepare for 4 more years of Trump. That combo will appeal to a certain demographic but cannot carry enough of the moderates to win the election. That's, in my opinion, the worst team option for the democrats.

I wonder if someone like Bill Weld can/will challenge Trump for the Republican nomination. Doubtful I suppose.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Paul1 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:47 am
Dems better try really freaking hard to nail Donald in the next year and five months or I predict 4 more years of insanity.
I’m guessing the dems are gonna try to time as many investigations and hearings and stuff to coincide with Trump’s campaigning?

Which may not be a bad strategy, though still maybe not as good a strategy as simply fielding a younger charismatic candidate who people actually get excited to vote for. Shrug
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

If you want someone young, I'd go for Beto. Otherwise, I'd love to see one of the governors, Hickenlooper, Bullock or Inslee, although Hickenlooper and Inslee are older, but at least they can point to things they've done, programs that got accomplished in their states.
Don't inject Lysol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Not Inslee.
Just Ledoux it
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Nothing positive has happened in Washington State?
Don't inject Lysol.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

seahawk wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:22 am If you want someone young, I'd go for Beto. Otherwise, I'd love to see one of the governors, Hickenlooper, Bullock or Inslee, although Hickenlooper and Inslee are older, but at least they can point to things they've done, programs that got accomplished in their states.
Lol, look at the recent track record of voters. You think they care what the candidate has accomplished?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

lobster wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:15 pm Who I would want: Yang / Gabbard

I really don't think Trump has much of a chance of winning, unless Biden is chosen as the Democrat. That would be sure win for Trump.
I think you vastly underestimate the number of people who will be simply voting against Trump. None of the most likely Dem candidates would be a sure win for Trump.
Deleted User 104

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:05 am

I think you vastly underestimate the number of people who will be simply voting against Trump. None of the most likely Dem candidates would be a sure win for Trump.
I am just guessing -- obviously I do not know what is going to happen. My theory is that whenever people are "voting against someone", the other person usually wins. This happened in 2004 when Kerry lost, and in 2016 when Clinton lost. You've got to have someone who people can feel excited about in the beginning. Yang, Gabbard, Warren, Sanders -- all of them represent something new. If you have just the old VP as the guy as damage control, he probably won't win.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

seahawk wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:08 am Nothing positive has happened in Washington State?
I didnt say nothing positive. Something positive will happen no matter Who's governing. But he has not been a great governor for the people of the state. His ranks dead last of governors for his fiscal policy ranking. 50th. Dead. Last.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I heard that in 2016. Has no one learned anything? "It's so bad, the dems will win just because" attitude is exactly how Trump can win again.
Just Ledoux it
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

That's the fiscal policy ranking from the Cato Institute--yeah right. Same one that gave LePage of Maine and Abbott of Texas high rankings.

LOL

Bernie Sanders was maybe something new in 2016 when the voters had never elected someone as unpleasant as him since maybe Nixon. But then there was Trump.

And Sanders racist "populism" is quite old in American history and after Trump, is also not even new again.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 104

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:32 pm

I heard that in 2016. Has no one learned anything? "It's so bad, the dems will win just because" attitude is exactly how Trump can win again.
I really didn't think Trump stood a chance against Clinton, but I'm glad I was wrong. That is why I now think when people just vote to vote against the other guy, it doesn't seem to work.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I like this Delaney guy a lot. Never heard of him before.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

De Blasio, Warren, Inslee, Gabbard - scary. Too leftist.
Booker an Beto are just awkward. The spanish from Beto was so awkward I couldn't even watch. Haha, edit, Booker just did it too.
Castro is blah. I still don't know who the guy next to him is.
I like Klobuchar and really like Delaney.
Deleted User 104

O'rourke pretty much eliminated himself tonight. Warren is looking the strongest so far, although I don't trust her. Gabbard needs to assert herself more, as she is the best option.

Gotta hope for Yang tomorrow. He could mop the floor with everyone if he wants to.
Last edited by Deleted User 104 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.