Government Shut-Down Thread

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: Government Shut-Down Thread

Post by MICHHAWK »

Our elected officials have been kicking the immigration can down the road for 50 years now. Maybe they should tackle this issue with some seriousness as adults. Serious issue that requires serious thought from serious people.

Too bad they don't know how. Be refreshing if they would just come out and admit it already. We don't know how to. We know it. They might as well just admit it.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Wilbur Ross apparently doesn't know how money works either:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... food-banks
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:19 pm Our elected officials have been kicking the immigration can down the road for 50 years now. Maybe they should tackle this issue with some seriousness as adults. Serious issue that requires serious thought from serious people.

Too bad they don't know how. Be refreshing if they would just come out and admit it already. We don't know how to. We know it. They might as well just admit it.
Because everyone has a different opinion of what "fixed" is because everyone has a different opinion of what is broken and to what extent.

What you think the problem is may differ completely than what I think the problem is. You can't move to the "solve the problem" phase of a project until you come to a mutual agreement in defining the problem.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Thanks for that super insightful break down.

:-o
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:22 pm Wilbur Ross apparently doesn't know how money works either:
From Twitter, Man in the Hoody:

reporter: what do u say to the people struggling?
wilbur ross: have they tried calling the lizard?
reporter: stephen miller?
wilbur ross: no, the one that saves 15% on car insurance

i could write out that anyone from the white house's position on the federal workers not getting paid and struggling is "have they tried calling geico to save 15% on car insurance?" and no one would know if that was a real quote or not
Don't inject Lysol.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:55 pm What you think the problem is may differ completely than what I think the problem is. You can't move to the "solve the problem" phase of a project until you come to a mutual agreement in defining the problem.
It's been like 50 years now. When do think we can realistically expect our elected officials to move into the "solve the problem" phase? Another 50.

It is their job after all. Right. They are paid to do this kind of stuff.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Immigration is like health care. If our elected officials knew how to fix health care, they would. They don't, so they don't. Just like immigration.

So the end result is what we have right now. A stare down between two parties that are both clueless.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It's funny business really. Our elected officials would rather shut our government down than admit they are in over their head.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:26 pm Immigration is like health care. If our elected officials knew how to fix health care, they would. They don't, so they don't. Just like immigration.

So the end result is what we have right now. A stare down between two parties that are both clueless.
I disagree. In both cases they know how to fix the problem. There is a lot riding on keeping the problem unsolved. Think about it.....if they can't blame brown people for everything what would the Republican Party do? They would actually have to govern!!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

zsn wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:36 pm Think about it.....if they can't blame brown people for everything what would the Republican Party do? They would actually have to govern!!
Thank you for proving my point about the social media's and the malcontents and the crud belching and stuff.

You belched almost on command.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the biggest difference, imo, is that there is too much money at stake in fixing health care
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:55 pm the biggest difference, imo, is that there is too much money at stake in fixing health care
Are you talking about corporate healthcare profit loss?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:22 pm Wilbur Ross apparently doesn't know how money works either:
teh grauniad
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 62

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:31 pm
teh grauniad
So, you are saying he never said these things?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I'm saying that there's a whole wide interwebs out there for you to explore.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 62

Yeah, I saw this on about 30 sources.

When I decide I need a coach, I will let you know.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Why settle for one when you can have two!
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 62

TDub wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:52 pm Why settle for one when you can have two!
DCs sidekick?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Well i was just making a dumb play on the need for a coach..but we already have our very own twocoach.

It wasnt very clever or funny....but i was waiting on a lumber package to show up so i was bored and had nothing substantial to add to the conversation.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:03 pm Well i was just making a dumb play on the need for a coach..but we already have our very own twocoach.

It wasnt very clever or funny....but i was waiting on a lumber package to show up so i was bored and had nothing substantial to add to the conversation.
I chuckled. Not like outloud, but still.