Government Shut-Down Thread

Ugh.
Deleted User 62

Re: Government Shut-Down Thread

Post by Deleted User 62 »

dolomite wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:14 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:18 pm
dolomite wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:55 pm My pa an Arizona native (may he rest in peace) once told me it's not the Russians who will take over this country, and it's not the chinks, but it's the gotdam Mexicans! His words, not mine.
RIP dolomite’s pa.

Now, if I may ask, when you say Arizona native, do you mean Apache, orrrrr.....?
His father a legal immigrant was French Basque.
Any way that we can judge for ourselves?
Do you have any paperwork for proof?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

long-form, please
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:53 pm long-form, please
How bout some DNA results, would that work?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:29 pm
No, that just proves he's your relative, not how he got here.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:48 pm
Too lazy to dig up paperwork, you'll just have to take my word for it.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh come on you guys, it’s not dolomite’s pa’s fault he wuz an anchor baby.
Deleted User 62

dolomite wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:57 pm

Too lazy to dig up paperwork
See, that is why we NEED mexicans.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:22 pm
dolomite wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:57 pm
Too lazy to dig up paperwork
See, that is why we NEED mexicans.
An insult to Mexicans?
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

An insult to you.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:41 pm oh come on you guys, it’s not dolomite’s pa’s fault he wuz an anchor baby.
Unless his gramps was Chinese, Japanese, an anarchist, or a lunatic, and as long as he immigrated before 1921, then he immigrated legally and didn't need any papers.
Last edited by DCHawk1 on Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 62

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:04 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:41 pm oh come on you guys, it’s not dolomite’s pa’s fault he wuz an anchor baby.
Unless his gramp's was Chinese, Japanese, an anarchist, or a lunatic, and as long as he immigrated before 1921, then he immigrated legally and didn't need any papers.
That is why we NEED that paperwork
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I'm rather enjoying this government shutdown. This group of @$$clowns should shut down more often.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

800,000 government employees won't receive a paycheck for the month of December, and Michhawk is celebrating that...talk about an assclown.

I never understood the animosity directed toward government employees. I mean some guy works for the department of justice has to work every day and not get paid until who knows when and that's a good thing? I don't get it? I don't remember ever hearing a federal employee celebrate when a private company has to lay people off or cuts salaries or something like that.

Obviously these people will get back pay when the government shutdown is over, but I know a lot of people who would struggle if they didn't get their paycheck for a couple months...but Michhawk thinks that's a good thing.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

What does it say about our society/government/values/etc. that "we" expect some of these employees to show up to work while not getting paid?

Talk about dumb.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

well, michhawk enjoys it and wishes it happened more often.

And not only do they have to show up, but employees who had taken leave to maybe spend time with their families over the holidays have to go to work on those days because their leave isn't honored during the shutdown, that or they have to be furloughed.

But who cares, they're just assclowns anyway.

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The Fifth Risk does a nice job of taking on that subject head-on. It's easy to just say the government is bloated and too big (and I'm not saying that is or isn't the case) when you don't understand what it is that, say, the crapload of people in the department of energy do.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:35 am What does it say about our society/government/values/etc. that "we" expect some of these employees to show up to work while not getting paid?

Talk about dumb.
Um, there are government jobs that are a requirement for our society to continue to function normally. Every job has a list of pros and cons. Some government jobs simply carry the risk of possibly having to work with payment delayed.

It's not dumb to ask people to accept the risks of their chosen profession and perform their job even in this situation.

Lots of non-governmental jobs carry a risk of not getting paid for the work they perform. Go ask the thousands of contractors who were never got the money owed to them for work done for various Trump construction projects if they are dumb.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:41 am But who cares, they're just assclowns anyway.
I agree 100%.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:02 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:35 am What does it say about our society/government/values/etc. that "we" expect some of these employees to show up to work while not getting paid?

Talk about dumb.
Um, there are government jobs that are a requirement for our society to continue to function normally. Every job has a list of pros and cons. Some government jobs simply carry the risk of possibly having to work with payment delayed.

It's not dumb to ask people to accept the risks of their chosen profession and perform their job even in this situation.

Lots of non-governmental jobs carry a risk of not getting paid for the work they perform. Go ask the thousands of contractors who were never got the money owed to them for work done for various Trump construction projects if they are dumb.
link? re Trump construction jobs Or are you drinking kool aid?
Taylor Sheridan
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:00 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:41 am But who cares, they're just assclowns anyway.
I agree 100%.
yeah, exactly. what kind of human piece of shit would ever take a job as a federal employee instead of in the private sector. Every single one of those 4 million federal employees is just a worthless fucking drain on society and a despicable horrible human being. I wish every single one of those motherfuckers bad fortune so those of us that aren't federal employees can feel better about ourselves for having jobs that aren't for the federal government. I mean fuck those assholes am I right? What were they thinking taking a job to feed their families and contribute to society.

I mean, lets say you're a janitor, if you work for a company, well you're a decent human being, but if you have the audacity to be a janitor for the Federal government, then you should be drawn and quartered. Not getting paid for an indefinite amount of time is just a good start as far as I'm concerned and goddam does it make me feel good about my self-righteous ass.