Things Trad Doesn't Tell Us

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Things Trad Doesn't Tell Us

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Very interesting. And, ironic, since although it never occurred to me consciously, it's possible avoiding math made me more likely to pursue biological sciences as opposed to physics, which I also found totally fascinating.

Not to mention, chicks involved in biology are much hotter than those involved in physics, and enginurds like japhy take a lot of physics classes, taking all the fun out of them.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:06 pm
Very interesting. And, ironic, since although it never occurred to me consciously, it's possible avoiding math made me more likely to pursue biological sciences as opposed to physics, which I also found totally fascinating.

Not to mention, chicks involved in biology are much hotter than those involved in physics, and enginurds like japhy take a lot of physics classes, taking all the fun out of them.
imo, this sort of initiative has been a long time coming

hopefully it results in a more solid connection from physics (or mathematics, really) to biology…with chemistry thrown in between, obviously
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Who writes that shit? They use traveling to the moon and predicting weather to connect to the masses? Traveling to the moon was a looong (like black and white tv) long time ago. Accurately predicting storms? Weather prediction sucks ass. Not good examples at all.

"Breakthroughs in the mathematical sciences have allowed humanity to understand and do things previously thought to be impossible, like safely traveling to the moon or accurately predicting storms," says NSF Director Sethuraman Panchanathan. "The National Institute for Theory and Mathematics in Biology is a bold effort to further grow the unique power of mathematics and biology to help address some of society's greatest challenges, like sustainable agriculture, preventing pandemics and mitigating the effects of climate change."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I hear ya, and I feel ya flow but everyone knows Nature is Naughty

https://youtu.be/SLSbWDVI_pw?si=0eeIfTLIHw5wI-Za

https://youtu.be/s9HvuPMAJUc?si=wEXZCRYzstrhygrT
Just Ledoux it