Today in "so much winning"!

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Today in "so much winning"!

Post by DCHawk1 »

Color me shocked!

A minor gets death threats for something he may or may not have done and his family hires a crisis communications team? ouTFuCkiNgRAGeoUS!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the incident will be the focus of a school-wide discussion Tuesday about how to respect other people and "ways to be a witness to your values."

lulz
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:10 pm Color me shocked!

A minor gets death threats for something he may or may not have done and his family hires a crisis communications team? ouTFuCkiNgRAGeoUS!
Maybe next time don't be a smirking asshole.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Exactly. Stupid fuck should have

A. Been a lot more mature. I mean he IS 17.

B. Been a lot less douchetastic to a weird dood who walked up to him and started beating a drum 6-inches from his face.

bUrN HiM!

He'S a diCK!

I kinda wish 17 year-old geezer could see what a strange, agitated moral scold he'd become.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:39 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:10 pm Color me shocked!

Maybe next time don't be a smirking asshole.
Also, you're right. Being a smirking asshole IS justification for death threats.

At least you have your priorities figured out.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If you're providing "an accurate recounting of events" you don't need a PR firm. What a joke.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, more than anything, the PR firm angle just reeks of spoiled privilege.

I mean shit, I wish teenage ousdahl had a PR firm on call to do damage control every time I did something stoopid.

But I had to just make my own excuses for myself.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I dunno. I think that NONE of us knows what it's like to grow up in this environment, in which the stakes are incredibly high.

I think one of my boys were in this spot (and don't kid yourselves; 17 year-old boys are ALL dumbasses), then I would do anything in my power to save him from the mob.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:59 pm yeah, more than anything, the PR firm angle just reeks of spoiled privilege.

I mean shit, I wish teenage ousdahl had a PR firm on call to do damage control every time I did something stoopid.

But I had to just make my own excuses for myself.
Teenage ousdahl wasn't on film 100% of the time.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Neither is this keed.

But all video aside, even teen ousdahl’s dumbass still had enough awareness to not make himself the fucking poster child of a nationwide racial controversy.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

You know, though, that in the video, he tells his classmate -- who is explaining the Bering Strait landbridge theory to the guy who told him to "go back to Europe" -- to cut it out. I'm not sure that exonerates him, but it does tend to bolster his claim that he was just trying to de-escalate things.

O'course, he still smiles...so...what a fuckhead!
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Does the video of Covington kids, (who of course only wish love for everyone), painted up in black face and screaming at black basketball players from another school help or hinder their cause?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.essenc ... -problems/
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I confess that I don't have a lot of sympathy for the Covington Catholic High kids, probably because some grandsons went to a school like that and one of them complained about the racist jokes shared by classmates. The school also got negative publicity for students doing skits about a black Catholic high school.

And that's at a Catholic high school where both faculty and student body were way more diverse than in Covington.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 pm I dunno. I think that NONE of us knows what it's like to grow up in this environment, in which the stakes are incredibly high.

I think one of my boys were in this spot (and don't kid yourselves; 17 year-old boys are ALL dumbasses), then I would do anything in my power to save him from the mob.
Please clarify “in this environment?” Do you just mean an environment in which we could be filmed anywhere doing anything?

Cuz yeah that’s more prevalent, but it’s not like it’s the first generation to have video - and especially not in places as conspicuous as a sanctioned march at the Lincoln Memorial.

When it comes to whether or not one should know the consequences of being a smartass on video, I don’t think the kid deserves much benefit of the doubt. If he didn’t wanna be portrayed that way, he coulda just walked away as soon as he saw all the cameras, or taken any other number of opportunities to not put himself in that situation.

And as far as benefit of the doubt in the rest of the situation - just how much of a dumbass does a kid have to be to not think smirking and heckling minority protestors while wearing a MAGA hat could escalate things?

And yeah, totally, if I (or my hypothetical keed) landed in such a situation, I too would do everything in my power to save me from the mob too.

But I wokld at least try to have to take the high road. Be apologetic, admit I was just being a dumbass keed, and -most importantly - express awareness that it’s an ugly racial issue, and that you want to take some positive action going forward.

But for fuck’s sake, DONT hire a PR firm to say, “I’m just a good keed saying my prayers while the blacks and injuns started all the trouble!”
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Maybe, the kid is a privileged, arrogant prick.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:03 pm Maybe, the kid is a privileged, arrogant prick.
Right down DC's alley.
Must defend arrogant white pricks.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh damnit bro this better not be a Rick Roll...
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:14 pm
Oh damnit bro this better not be a Rick Roll...
i woulda embiided the text, but i’m on my mobile
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Thanks bro.

The article ends with Phillips proposing a meeting between him and the Catholic keeds...good idea or bad?