Today in "so much winning"!

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Today in "so much winning"!

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gutter wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:33 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 pm no. But they do prove that the Black Hebrews are dickheads.

But anyone who has been in DC for more than a few minutes knows that.

Where's Russian?
Are White Black Catholic kids or maybe I should say Black White Catholic kids dickheads?

I don't think so. Supposedly it was a "black out" game. If so, seems a few of the kids went all out and "blacked out".
I can see how others might be quick to judge them harshly.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covin ... ack-paint/
You have no idea WTF you're babbling about. The Black Hebrews are a Washington fixture, and their rhetoric is notoriously anti-gay, among other things.

Or are you equating a blackout game with decades of running around DC shouting about how the Fa***ts are taking over the country?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:27 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 pm no. But they do prove that the Black Hebrews are dickheads.

But anyone who has been in DC for more than a few minutes knows that.

Where's Russian?
Are White Black Catholic kids or maybe I should say Black White Catholic kids dickheads?

I don't think so. Supposedly it was a "black out" game. If so, seems a few of the kids went all out and "blacked out".

You have no idea WTF you're babbling about. The Black Hebrews are a Washington fixture, and their rhetoric is notoriously anti-gay, among other things.

Or are you equating a blackout game with decades of running around DC shouting about how the Fa***ts are taking over the country?
You have no idea wtf I am babbling about. I know exactly what the meaning and intent of my post was.
I have no doubt you are well informed about the "Black Hebrews" in DC. Now let me ask you this, are they ALL pieces of shit? Or a few, some, many, most? I don't know the definitive answer. Perhaps you do.
What I do know is... As someone who has spent time with Morris Dees (in Chicago at an event honoring my father) and the members of the band the Black Israelites (in Jerusalem) I made an effort to learn about the beliefs and objectives/motives of the "Black Hebrews".
Yes, no doubt the guys standing outside the Capitol harassing the Catholic kids are assholes. My question is are all the "Black Hebrews"? I know people who have beliefs that I completely disagree with but I still think they are decent people and I have no problem being friends with them.

My "equating" was that I feel people are quick to judge an entire religion/race/nationality/school/whatever based on the actions of a few individuals. I think you agree with me in that regard. Maybe you don't.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gutter wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:45 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:27 am

My "equating" was that I feel people are quick to judge an entire religion/race/nationality/school/whatever based on the actions of a few individuals. I think you agree with me in that regard. Maybe you don't.
Maybe I don't agree with you? Or...maybe you don't agree with you either.
Gutter wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:06 pm Speaking of dumbfucks.....
Covington Catholic High School (in Park Hills KY) sent their finest to D.C. to represent their school.
Nothing to see here other than entitled white (Catholic) kids enjoying being pieces of shit - and not giving a damn about the backlash they will cause themselves, their school, their town, their families, their race, their religion, etc.
Just another day of kids being kids in Donald Trump's good ole USA in 2019.
MAGA!
Deleted User 183

Exactly DC. I'm 100% guilty of it and It is/was 100% wrong of me to judge based on what I allowed myself to be brainwashed in to believing I was seeing.
Again, I admit I did it and I admit it was wrong of me to do.
We are in agreement that there are a whole lotta of Black Hebrews who are pieces of shit. Just like there are a whole lotta Jews, Catholics, etc. One of the many reasons why I choose not to be a staunch religious person. I will never allow my religion to let me be someone who hates someone else only because they are different than me in/with their religious beliefs. That's something that I can see how others might judge me as being weak about.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I'm not sure you are distinguishing between the Hebrew Israelites (or the Black Israelites) -- both of which are religious movements dating to the late 19th century -- and the Black Hebrews (or Black Hebrew Israelites), who are a splinter/fringe movement. The latter is condemned by, among others, the ADL. It is also considered (by the FBI and others) to be the equivalent of the white identity/Christian identity movement.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait, belligerent protestors were heckling her and she manages to not involve herself or escalate the situation by just walking away?!

Doesn’t she know the best way to handle that would be to smirk and stare them down? Or better yet, to sing them a school fight song?*

*with permission from an adult, o’course.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And wait, what were they yelling?

Not to cherry pick or anything, but do I hear a “build the wall” in there?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

They're yelling "watch out for the black....squirrel!"

There's one notoriously unfriendly black squirrel who feeds out of those blue garbage cans on the Mall.

Or at least there used to be.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ohhh thanks for clarifying.

Cuz again I don’t wanna cherry pick an ambiguous shout from an amateur cell video, but it also kinda sounds like they express some concern about maggots or something.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Yeah. Anything the squirrels don't eat, the maggots will. Maybe the maggots were growing in the carcass of the black squirrel?

All of which leaves us wondering what the albino squirrel was doing on Thursday afternoon between the hours of 2:00 and 5:00
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Oh, and BTW, the cherrypicking festival is in late March, over by the Jefferson Memorial.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm confused.
Defense. Rebounds.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

It's OK.

This conversation should be moved to the DF in Charge thread anyway.

Since he will -- entirely predictably -- be meeting with the kids at the Oval Office.

Sigh?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

More fast food banquets!

since they’re keeds, maybe he’ll get them all happy meals.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

And the online mobbery continues...
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -question/

Do NOT cross the mob, on either side!

Native American activist Nathan Phillips faces questions about reports that he’s a veteran of the Vietnam war.

According to multiple news accounts, the activist is 64 years old, which means he would have been 18 years old in 1973, the last year any U.S. combat units were stationed in Vietnam. Mr. Phillips also claims to be a Marine veteran, although the last Marine combat units left Vietnam in 1971.

A careful reading of Mr. Phillips‘ own descriptions does not make clear if he ever set foot in Vietnam. Instead, he has used much more careful language claiming he is a “Vietnam times veteran,” an ambiguous phrasing that led many media accounts to conclude he was a combat veteran.

Mr. Phillips could not be reached for comment Monday.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

No one in this story looks good.
Defense. Rebounds.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

And the media -- left, mainstream, AND right -- look worst of all.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

It's like the Shirley Sherrod thing all over again. Seems we never learn.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 183

I'm wondering if those were Lawrence High kids from Kansas instead of Covington kids from Kentucky - would they know that when you come across an Indian it's best to give him/her some LSD and/or weed and just let him/her dance and don't get all up in his/her face?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXjt_Xt-OEI
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.