Today in "so much winning"!

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Today in "so much winning"!

Post by DCHawk1 »

The ideal pairing (historically speaking) is a Democratic President and a Republican Senate (and, to a lesser extent, a Republican House).

That those two data points are radically skewed by Hoover, Bush, and Gingrich/Dole Republican Congress shouldn't be discussed, however.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Looks delicious!

Edit: is that a filet-o-fish?!?!
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Nothing says Trump quite like a silver serving tray piled high with quarter pounders.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

cold fast-food...delicious

forrest gump had it better
Deleted User 75

Better than salads.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

No Taco Bell?
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:17 pm Better than salads.
If they were serving a bunch of random college kids. Instead they are serving a bunch of elite athletes.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:37 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:17 pm Better than salads.
If they were serving a bunch of random college kids. Instead they are serving a bunch of elite athletes.
LOL

Yes I'm sure those 300lb lineman are all vegans.

Do you see the stuff our basketball players post eating on social media? It's normal stuff, not some strict diet. I'm sure their football players eat plenty of hamburgers. I can't vouch for the filet-o-fish, or whatever kind of wrap it looks like they've got from Wendy's, though.

Maybe they had a protein shake bar? ;-)
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

When we visited the cafeteria at an NFL team's practice facility, there was a large poster right before the line that listed every food served that day, calories and fat content.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Key words being NFL team.

They mentioned something last night about Ostenski (or whoever the big white dude is for texas) giving up fast food this off season to lose weight. He's a senior I believe....so that means multiple years of eating fast food while playing elite basketball (he's not elite, or playing for an elite coach, but he's playing in an elite basketball conference).....I've seen more live videos of our guys eating at Buffalo Wild Wings than I have of them eating salads. I'm sure we've had some guys that we monitored their diet, but that players cafeteria pumps out some delicious looking "bar food"/pizza/etc judging by social media.

Totally agree it was ridiculous for trump to do. Especially what he said about it....but I'm not going to pretend that most of those guys don't eat hamburgers and chicken fingers and stuff like that for a lot of their meals.

Once you get to the professional level I'm sure a lot more guys have a chef and a nutritionist....but when you're 17-22 and an athlete you can probably usually get away with eating just about anything you want due to the amount of working out and physical activity they're doing.

I would be willing to bet the amount of hamburgers consumed by Clemson during the season outnumbered the amount of salads consumed.
Deleted User 75

seahawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:45 am When we visited the cafeteria at an NFL team's practice facility, there was a large poster right before the line that listed every food served that day, calories and fat content.
Were there hamburgers? Breaded chicken sandwiches/chicken fingers/chicken wings? Stuff like that? As well as healthier choices?

Or was it a salad/fruit bar?

I think I know the answer. My guess is there was a wide variety of things.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sherron style.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

who knew, you can only eat healthy if you’re eating salads?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I just hope he didn't serve cheese on the quarter pounders.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

The players claimes to enjoy the meal. Unless theyre just being polite. I qould expect the white house to put together a more elite meal with prime rib, steaks
Bbq, sides or something. But yknow. Is what it is, not sure its worth getting worked up about and discussing too much. One thing about Trump. He gets everyones attention all the time about everything. No wonder he was successful in reality TV.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

i don’t think anyone is all that worked up, honestly

i think it’s hilarious that, as much of a persona of wealth and high-class that drumpf has tried to personify for his whole life, that he’s a fast-food junkie

my inclination is that they could’ve had world-class food available, heated and relatively fresh...
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:42 am who knew, you can only eat healthy if you’re eating salads?
Trump made a comment about salads...

And then added some cringe worthy line about Melania and the 2nd lady (pence's wife or ivanka, not sure which he meant) making the Clemson team salads.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:54 am i don’t think anyone is all that worked up, honestly

Talk to Geezer. He's upset about everything.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:54 am i don’t think anyone is all that worked up, honestly...
CNN personalities were in a full on meltdown because he mentioned Melania making salads and it's sexist for men to assume women will cook.

I get it...but at the same time it's a bit over the top because I don't really think it was meant in some demeaning way.... but when you say some things he's said then you don't get the benefit of doubt....but 30min straight on CNN, when I have to imagine there are most important "news" stories to cover, seems a bit excessive.

My wife cooks nearly all the meals at our house....I'd never demand she do it, though. Just as I'd never demand she work 5 days a week, or demand she work part time so she can be home with the kids. She chooses to work 3 days a week at a school and stay home the other days of the week with the kids because that's what works best for our family and makes her (and us) the happiest.