Today in "so much winning"!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Today in "so much winning"!

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, really nothing to get worked up about, you guys.

it's not like any of cheeseburgers had dijon mustard on 'em.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

exactly why i don’t watch cnn
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

OMG improper benefits!

Must be why the "fixin's" were on the side in small containers.
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:04 am yeah, really nothing to get worked up about, you guys.

it's not like any of cheeseburgers had dijon mustard on 'em.
ew

(shoulda been grey poupon)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:06 am OMG improper benefits!

Must be why the "fixin's" were on the side in small containers.
I thought about this too...

What's the NCAA's take on this?

do they make sure White Castle I mean the White House kept the receipts for every last nugget?
Deleted User 89

lol at white castle
Deleted User 89

lol...the fast food was the dem’s fault

https://www.newsweek.com/sarah-huckabee ... ds-1292087
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:26 am lol...the fast food was the dem’s fault

https://www.newsweek.com/sarah-huckabee ... ds-1292087
He worries aboit being poisoned so he eats McDonald's pink slime beef. Makes sense.
Deleted User 75

How many people have been poisoned intentionally by McDonald's workers?

It actually does make sense. They don't know he's coming so someone can't plan to poison him.

Not how I'd handle it, but it does make some sense. Overly simplified way to avoid being poisoned, but a strategy nontheless.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Does it count as being “poisoned” if odds are more likely than not the food’ll give you the Hershey squirts either way?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:35 am
seahawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:45 am When we visited the cafeteria at an NFL team's practice facility, there was a large poster right before the line that listed every food served that day, calories and fat content.
Were there hamburgers? Breaded chicken sandwiches/chicken fingers/chicken wings? Stuff like that? As well as healthier choices?

Or was it a salad/fruit bar?

I think I know the answer. My guess is there was a wide variety of things.
It was New Orleans, so there were a variety of food choices that such as you can't even quite imagine. I believe that they had hot dogs that day for the kids, but there were no hamburgers, chicken fingers or breaded chicken sandwiches. I don't remember a salad bar, but there was a whole range of food and lots of healthy choices.

One of my grandsons was a high school football player and was quite conscious of his diet and food choices once he reached varsity level.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

A simple Google search shows me that there is/was plenty of shit food offered at the Saints practice facility cafeteria. I'm sure there were/are plenty of healthy options too.
Are we talking what's available to just the players or just the public? Both?
And?

Trump made sure the kids were fed. I laugh at the options but hey - he's the Pres and that's what he felt like feeding the kids. Seems most people were just fine with the options and my guess is no one was forced to eat anything they didn't want to eat.

In other news......
Deleted User 75

seahawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:18 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:35 am
seahawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:45 am When we visited the cafeteria at an NFL team's practice facility, there was a large poster right before the line that listed every food served that day, calories and fat content.
Were there hamburgers? Breaded chicken sandwiches/chicken fingers/chicken wings? Stuff like that? As well as healthier choices?

Or was it a salad/fruit bar?

I think I know the answer. My guess is there was a wide variety of things.
It was New Orleans, so there were a variety of food choices that such as you can't even quite imagine. I believe that they had hot dogs that day for the kids, but there were no hamburgers, chicken fingers or breaded chicken sandwiches. I don't remember a salad bar, but there was a whole range of food and lots of healthy choices.

One of my grandsons was a high school football player and was quite conscious of his diet and food choices once he reached varsity level.
I'm sure the Clemson team is conscious of what they eat. Maybe some of them don't eat fast food.

https://youtu.be/NPF0qa1jKt4

And for the record, there was also domino's pizza and salads for the players. The president really splurged (*sarcasm*).

Although who knows, maybe the fbi told Trump that if you spend more than 10$ per meal per student athlete that it could jeopardize the players eligibility and/or result in arrests.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I don't know about you guys, but just knowing that Mrs Trump and Mrs Pence were toiling for hours making salads, placing them in individual disposable bowls.....makes me choked up ...and just a little more proud to be American.

I just hope that no one put any dressing out besides good old American Ranch.
Deleted User 62

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:28 pm I don't know about you guys, but just knowing that Mrs Trump and Mrs Pence were toiling for hours making salads, placing them in individual disposable bowls.....makes me choked up ...and just a little more proud to be American.

I just hope that no one put any dressing out besides good old American Ranch.
I dont think I have ever eaten a meal with oil cans in the background...
Deleted User 62

"GREATEST HARVEST" is code for subsidies/welfare...correct?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Last year, the championship Alabama team visited the White House on April 10th. The previous Clemson champs visited in June. This was simply another Trump PR attempt, change the topic from him being a Russian agent to feeding championship athletes fast food because Trump shut down the government.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »