Merry Christmas ya filthy animals

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Merry Christmas ya filthy animals

Post by ousdahl »

And this is tangential, but my hillbilly grandma used to make biscuits and chocolate pudding a lot for breakfast. It was something my smoky mountain ancestors apparently ate all the time. Childhood ousdahl loved it. Chocolate for breakfast, heck yes!
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Similar to what ousdahl said, I have dinner with my mother - and that's the best way for me (and her) to celebrate.
My mother said to me last night, "Nothing in the world is as important to me as my children".
I feel the same way about her.

Now I'm thinking this might not be a terrible way to celebrate either.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJL_Hbbh0_3/?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, I wasn’t meaning to get all sappy about family. I mostly just miss the gravy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Home Alone is on.
I always get upset when Kevin makes that hot mac and cheese and doesn't even eat a bite.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Please don't be upset.

It's Christmas
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:26 pm Home Alone is on.
I always get upset when Kevin makes that hot mac and cheese and doesn't even eat a bite.
and Buzz’s girlfriend...

Woof!
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

It’s hard being Santa these days! At least I learned my lesson last year and don’t wait until 10pm to start assembling a giant Hot Wheels garage... First Christmas for me with 2 this year as well. I planned ahead. Pre-assembled a bunch of stuff and hid it in the attic...

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

neighbors took their kids to see santa...he was in a fucking bubble, like straight outta SNL
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

oh, and Merry Christmas all
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Showed Home Alone to the older kid for the first time. I hadn't seen that in many years, certainly not since moving here. It was fun to be able to take a walk with her the next day to show her the Home Alone house. And to see that scene at the hardware store and park. The hardware store is now a Graeter's ice cream shop, and the park has been renovated (and no longer has ice skating), but still fun to see the things in the movie that we walk by almost every day.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:07 am Showed Home Alone to the older kid for the first time. I hadn't seen that in many years, certainly not since moving here. It was fun to be able to take a walk with her the next day to show her the Home Alone house. And to see that scene at the hardware store and park. The hardware store is now a Graeter's ice cream shop, and the park has been renovated (and no longer has ice skating), but still fun to see the things in the movie that we walk by almost every day.
I have a couple of friends who were extras in the ice skating scene of Home Alone. I still chuckle when I see it.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Lean Cuisine is People!! LEAN CUISINE IS PEOPLE!!!
Wasted Mac and cheese is a bad precedent however.

Merry Christmas!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^ is it just me or does that little kid look like he’s on acid?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I don't think Jerry posts on da gram
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:21 pm
Mjl wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:07 am Showed Home Alone to the older kid for the first time. I hadn't seen that in many years, certainly not since moving here. It was fun to be able to take a walk with her the next day to show her the Home Alone house. And to see that scene at the hardware store and park. The hardware store is now a Graeter's ice cream shop, and the park has been renovated (and no longer has ice skating), but still fun to see the things in the movie that we walk by almost every day.
I have a couple of friends who were extras in the ice skating scene of Home Alone. I still chuckle when I see it.
Wow, that sounds kinda.....Guttery
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Lol, I watched this with my almost 5yo the other day. First time he had seen it.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:25 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:21 pm
Wow, that sounds kinda.....Guttery
Gutter names famous people that he crosses paths with.

I mentioned an unnamed guy who the Home Alone kid slides between his legs as he runs across the rink and an unnamed girl doing a sit spin in the background as a funny aside that I chuckle over when Home Alone comes on or is mentioned.

So not really very "guttery" at all. Trust me, neither is famous or impressive to cross paths with. Just a random chuckle.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:53 pm
Lol, I watched this with my almost 5yo the other day. First time he had seen it.
We introduced my kids to it last year. We rotated between Home Alone and the Grinch constantly this Christmas season.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG