Devon Dotson

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: Devon Dotson

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i’m less concerned about us drilling 3s than i am the opposition

give me a rock solid defensive squad all day, every day

doesn’t matter if we score 100, if we can’t keep the other team from scoring 101
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

OOOOHHHH THAT'S A BINGO!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:40 am i’m less concerned about us drilling 3s than i am the opposition

doesn’t matter if we score 100, if we can’t keep the other team from scoring 101
I think this is a takeaway from watching Tech this past season.

Figure out how and why we got slaughtered by Nova and Auburn and learn how to defend it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Give me top 10 in AdjD and top 25 in AdjO.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:12 am
TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:40 am i’m less concerned about us drilling 3s than i am the opposition

I think this is a takeaway from watching Tech this past season.

Figure out how and why we got slaughtered by Nova and Auburn and learn how to defend it.
The answer to this question causes a big problem on the other end.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If you're talking about Udoka, I'd have to agree, and there's no way you can't play him.

My gosh is it nice having De Sousa back.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I luv me sum defense (and rebounds). But you gotta score too.
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It's nice for tt that they got to the final game. But I have no ambition for KANSAS to try and mimic their style of play from this past season.

Do you remember that ff game against msu? Me neither. It was awful to watch.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:40 am It's nice for tt that they got to the final game. But I have no ambition for KANSAS to try and mimic their style of play from this past season.

1. Great, that's not at all what I stated.

2. Although, I'd sure hate to have the #1 defense in the country . . .

3. Sorry that your spartans got shut down by Beard and Co.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:23 am If you're talking about Udoka, I'd have to agree, and there's no way you can't play him.

I am indeed talking about Udoka. More specifically, I'm saying that it will be very hard to protect ourselves against the Nova/Auburn barrages playing two bigs at all. But, it will be very hard for us to score playing four-out, when one of the four is a non-shooter (such that you're not getting the offensive kick from playing that way).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I don’t remember that ff game against mich st specifically, though I can still definitively say I’d rather watch it than our round of 32 game against auburn.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:43 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:40 am It's nice for tt that they got to the final game. But I have no ambition for KANSAS to try and mimic their style of play from this past season.

I was going to say - half the damn streak was us playing that style to its peak.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:44 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:43 am

I was going to say - half the damn streak was us playing that style to its peak.
I don't know, it was kind of awful to watch us hold Steph Curry to 4/16 from the 3-point line.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:23 am If you're talking about Udoka, I'd have to agree, and there's no way you can't play him.

I am indeed talking about Udoka. More specifically, I'm saying that it will be very hard to protect ourselves against the Nova/Auburn barrages playing two bigs at all. But, it will be very hard for us to score playing four-out, when one of the four is a non-shooter (such that you're not getting the offensive kick from playing that way).
yeah, I'm hopeful that Garrett will still evolve as a player, even if it's not explicitly as a shooter. When he gets the ball on the perimeter and there's no defender within a country mile, he needs to improve with attacking and creating.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Or boatracing a really great UNC team, on the backs of our backcourt defense.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:49 am

yeah, I'm hopeful that Garrett will still evolve as a player, even if it's not explicitly as a shooter. When he gets the ball on the perimeter and there's no defender within a country mile, he needs to improve with attacking and creating.
It is very hard for me to understand how someone that is athletic, coordinated, smart and a hard worker cannot figure out how to be a 38% 3pt shooter.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

He's been broken from the beginning.

The form is completely wrong. Staff couldn't fix it. We won't see him be a good shooter here.

He needs extensive 1-on-1 training, which he's not going to be able to get while he's here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah probably.

though at the same time, if he spent as much time practicing jumpers as he does lip syncing rap songs on Instagram live, that could at least be a good start.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:54 am yeah probably.

though at the same time, if he spent as much time practicing jumpers as he does lip syncing rap songs on Instagram live, that could at least be a good start.
illy meter . . .
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

MG is only halfway. Of course he will get better. At everything.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"