Devon Dotson

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 295

Re: Devon Dotson

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Cole had a triple double with blocks. It's hard for me to put Dok ahead of him, but he's certainly earned the right to be in the convo.

Cole, Withey, and Dok are all great defensive BIGs. They're each unique in their own ways and each have an elite and unique trait/skill which makes them so good.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

If we were really digging in, someone should have dropped an Ostertag comparison by now.

I am, I said.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

K-AA-UU-NNNN
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'd mention Dok has struggled to make the league yet Cole went lotto, but does that that say more about comparing the two? or about how much the game has changed in the past decade?
Deleted User 295

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:28 pm I'd mention Dok has struggled to make the league yet Cole went lotto, but does that that say more about comparing the two? or about how much the game has changed in the past decade?
Obviously the game has changed a lot.

But Cole also didn't end up being worth a lotto pick. So even 10 years ago it wasn't easy to make it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, so Cole didn’t end up being worth a lotto pick, as if he didn’t get paid a lotto contract, and go on to earn over $25 mil thus far?

meanwhile, Dok has never made a penny that Michhawk knows about.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:20 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:28 pm I'd mention Dok has struggled to make the league yet Cole went lotto, but does that that say more about comparing the two? or about how much the game has changed in the past decade?

But Cole also didn't end up being worth a lotto pick. So even 10 years ago it wasn't easy to make it.
The game changed pretty much right after Cole was drafted, I think?

Doke looks considerably quicker laterally now than Cole ever was at KU.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:50 pm are we comparing dok to cole now? the way dok has been playing defense lately might be second to none. he completely changes the court. shuts down anything in the paint around the rim and his perimeter defense is what has really really impressed me. cole never guarded the pick and roll the way dok has
I recall Cole being pretty great at hedging ball screens—one of the better ones we’ve had.

Of course, no one was as good as Sasha.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:20 am

I would guess that 8 seasons in the league is in the middle of tenure lengths for all lotto picks.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NBA doesn't have much to do with the convo.
Perry Ellis was a fantastic player at Kansas.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:33 am Oh, so Cole didn’t end up being worth a lotto pick, as if he didn’t get paid a lotto contract, and go on to earn over $25 mil thus far?

meanwhile, Dok has never made a penny that Michhawk knows about.
He went to an adidas school, surely he got a penny or two somewhere along the lines
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:48 am NBA doesn't have much to do with the convo.
Meh.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Hate to keep dropping in the Dotson thread. But this is the difference in this season. Up, not into.

I am, I said.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:05 am
pdub wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:48 am NBA doesn't have much to do with the convo.
Meh.
“The worst good player we’ve had.”

-bofh
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Soklous wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:51 am Hate to keep dropping in the Dotson thread. But this is the difference in this season. Up, not into.

Timing = Conditioning.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It’s very possible that PE will one day have his name up in those rafters.

PE was fantastic.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:29 am It’s very possible that PE will one day have his name up in those rafters.

PE was fantastic.
Maybe. And he would be among the least remarkable players up there.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

No chance he goes up. His seasons were also unremarkable. It’s no coincidence.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Lol, PE was not even close to being rafter worthy. The only way he goes up is if we just start putting all 4 year players up.
Deleted User 295

You're fucking nuts. He was an AA.

Perry frustrated me too...but he is a lock to go into the rafters. He had an incredible career. The hate then, and now, has always been over the top.