What music does everyone listen to?

Coffee talk.
defixione
Contributor

Re: What music does everyone listen to?

Post by defixione »

Damn. Andre and Bieber. The whole world is trending #melancholy.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I watched SNL last weekend. Bowen Yang opened with a George Santos spoof and of course did a take off on Candle in the Wind. That stoopid song has been playing in my head ever since. At the same time as Fleetwood Mac's Tusk.

Make it stop.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Just bought 5 tickets to Red Hot Chili Peppers at The Gorge Amphitheater!

So fucking stoked!

May 31 can’t get here fast enough
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hey I thought about trying to go to that too
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I had a dream I was at an all-girl RHCP cover band concert.

They were even in costume, wearing nothing but one tube sock apiece.

For the life of me, I can’t figure out how that would work, but somehow in the dream it worked.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:28 am hey I thought about trying to go to that too
I have 2 extra tickets
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Speaking of RHCP....
August 2nd 2000. Tinley Park Illinois.
(On a scale of 1-100 I would put that venue at a 20 and The Gorge at a 95).
Stone Temple Pilots opened for the RHCP.
I was upfront.
Best sound BY FAR that I have ever heard at a concert in a large (10,000 seat or more) venue.
One of the best concerts I ever attended too.

STP

Down
Sour Girl
Interstate Love Song
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart
Plush
No Way Out
Piece of Pie
Vasoline
Crackerman
Sex Type Thing

RHCP

Around the World
Give It Away
(with "You're Gonna Get Yours" intro)
Scar Tissue
Suck My Kiss
If You Have to Ask
Skinny Sweaty Man
Otherside
Pea
I Could Have Lied
Easily
I Like Dirt
Californication
Right on Time
(with "London Calling" intro)
Under the Bridge
Me & My Friends
Encore:
Sir Psycho Sexy
They're Red Hot
(Robert Johnson cover)
Search and Destroy
(Iggy and The Stooges cover)
Final Jam
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:54 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:28 am hey I thought about trying to go to that too
I have 2 extra tickets
hmmm...man thatd be fun.

I believe we are already out of town that weekend and thats why I quit looking into tickets. I'll have to check with the wife, who has a much better handle on our schedule and extra curricular activities than I do. I just go where I'm told, when I'm told to go. haha

We're goin months gorge August though to see Tyler Childers, excited, never been to the gorge, and we usually only get an overnight away from the kids like once every two-years ha
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

It is an amazing venue.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Got a text message yesterday.....

"Random, I bought 4 tickets for Travis Scott and only need 3 (in our suite). Would you like to buy the 4th for $250? Kendall is going with a couple friends".

Kendall is my friend's daughter and she is 14 years old. I love Kendall but again, she's 14 years old and I was basically being asked to "baby sit" because my friend didn't want to go.
I politely declined.

Fast forward....
For some unknown reason the concert was "postponed" late yesterday afternoon.

Now supposedly the reason is......

Travis Scott was forced to cancel his concert in Chicago after his private jet was left grounded in Ireland.

It’s understood however that the crew reported a technical issue with the aircraft which they required to have investigated. As a result, the flight’s departure was delayed.
After the issue had been apparently resolved, the flight departed from Shannon again at around 4.20pm. The estimated 8-hour flight would have seen his jet land in Chicago at around 6.20pm (Chicago Time) less than two hours before his concert was due to being.

Soon the flight departed, using its registration N71*** as its callsign, air traffic controllers asked the crew why they had deviated from their original departure instructions. The crew reported they were given different instructions. Controllers confirmed they would have to make a report on the matter.
About 15 minutes after departure, the crew advised controllers they would have to return to Shannon. It’s understood the crew reported an issue with their FMS (flight management system).
The flight crew confirmed they would have to burn off fuel before landing at Shannon. This was to ensure the aircraft touched down within safe landing weight limits. The jet entered a holding pattern over East Clare for a time before commencing an approach to Shannon.
The crew also confirmed they did not require any assistance on arrival and the flight landed safely at 5.18pm

Ummmmmmmm..........

15 hours ago.....

https://twitter.com/trvisXX/status/1735824364203848048
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:24 am Got a text message yesterday.....

"Random, I bought 4 tickets for Travis Scott and only need 3 (in our suite). Would you like to buy the 4th for $250? Kendall is going with a couple friends".

Kendall is my friend's daughter and she is 14 years old. I love Kendall but again, she's 14 years old and I was basically being asked to "baby sit" because my friend didn't want to go.
I politely declined.

Fast forward....
For some unknown reason the concert was "postponed" late yesterday afternoon.

Now supposedly the reason is......

Travis Scott was forced to cancel his concert in Chicago after his private jet was left grounded in Ireland.

It’s understood however that the crew reported a technical issue with the aircraft which they required to have investigated. As a result, the flight’s departure was delayed.
After the issue had been apparently resolved, the flight departed from Shannon again at around 4.20pm. The estimated 8-hour flight would have seen his jet land in Chicago at around 6.20pm (Chicago Time) less than two hours before his concert was due to being.

Soon the flight departed, using its registration N71*** as its callsign, air traffic controllers asked the crew why they had deviated from their original departure instructions. The crew reported they were given different instructions. Controllers confirmed they would have to make a report on the matter.
About 15 minutes after departure, the crew advised controllers they would have to return to Shannon. It’s understood the crew reported an issue with their FMS (flight management system).
The flight crew confirmed they would have to burn off fuel before landing at Shannon. This was to ensure the aircraft touched down within safe landing weight limits. The jet entered a holding pattern over East Clare for a time before commencing an approach to Shannon.
The crew also confirmed they did not require any assistance on arrival and the flight landed safely at 5.18pm

Ummmmmmmm..........

15 hours ago.....

https://twitter.com/trvisXX/status/1735824364203848048
TIME OUT! Seems someone isn't telling the truth.

TRAVIS SCOTT
@trvisXX
·
4h
I literally spent 24 hrs on a fucking runway. Craziest shit http://ever.To my people in Chicago I was so ready to go crazyyyy. Chicago always been one if my favorite places. Togo ham and been waiting for it the whole tour.I will be back the first couple days of January

December 12th he was performing in Detroit.
December 14th he was performing in Saudi Arabia.
December 15th he was supposed to perform in Chicago.
I'm smelling some fish.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

So glad I don’t give a fuck
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I would like to think I wouldn't give a fuck either but I was inundated with Travis Scott shit the past few days.
Here is the thing, there are a lot of people I would prefer not to give a fuck about - but I do give a fuck about them - in a negative way. People such as Donald Trump and/or Kayne.

Moving on.....

Some late 80s early 90s bands I would see all the time. Some of the members I went to High School with.
if you look closely you can see some of the same people playing in different bands.....

I think I have shared this before. These guys (The Way Moves) were my guys in the late 80s early 90s. Hung out with them pretty much every weekend and thought they were very talented at the time. This video is the epitome of an 80s band trying to make it. A few members went on to be successful musicians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCuYG9E-h0k

Dick Holiday and the Bamboo Gang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO33TBsvBG8

Tami Show. The Massey sisters were nice to look at if not listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-XE09wMgN4

One of my favorite bands was Brian Paul and the Cash Box Symphony. I can't find a video of them to save my life. They had two black female singers who went on to be successful. Shay Jones and Shawn Christopher.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

best place to look for concert tickets on secondary market?
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Craigslist.

Meet them behind Dennys at 2 am for the best deals
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

dammit jeep. that was not good advice.

the pancakes were terrible.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:49 pm best place to look for concert tickets on secondary market?
shindig

Post by shindig »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVLdTjoWUME

Arlo McKinley, Die Midwestern
Last edited by shindig on Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Defense. Rebounds.