Do not open!

You Love It.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Do not open!

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:06 pm soooo how do you tell the difference between reverse cowgirl and doggystyle if you’re in outer space?
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:38 am I literally put my head down at my desk this morning and laughed for 5 minutes straight.
Which begs the question: What impact does weightlessness have on the friction coefficient?

Zero Gravity Means Zero Friction?

The frictional force acting on a body placed on a horizontal plane is 𝐹 =𝜇𝑅 where R is the normal reaction and is equal to weight of a body in this case. And 𝜇 is the coefficient of friction. But, if gravity is zero, then is the frictional force zero (ignoring all other friction due to atmosphere etc.)?

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

You are thinking too hard.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Just figured out my summer hobby:

backpacking.

I was planning on doing a lot anyway, but now, I’m gonna approach folks coming up the trail and say, howdy y’all! I’ve been backpacking off the grid and you guys are the first folks I’ve talked to in 6 months. Anything new in the world? Did the Chiefs do anything in the playoffs?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:32 pm Just figured out my summer hobby:

backpacking.

I was planning on doing a lot anyway, but now, I’m gonna approach folks coming up the trail and say, howdy y’all! I’ve been backpacking off the grid and you guys are the first folks I’ve talked to in 6 months. Anything new in the world? Did the Chiefs do anything in the playoffs?
Before wife and kids TDub did quite a bit of backpacking and general dissapear into the mountains stuff. I was planning a trip to do the whole PCT but, y'know l,..... life.
Just Ledoux it
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Seems shady, quiet and kinda nice up in here...

How is ousey?

How is TDub?
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hey man! I’m aight. You?

Packing up for a couple days of camping. Hoping it stays clear enough to sleep under the stars in the back of my truck, but bringing a tent just in case. Planning to catch some big trout and drink 1 or 2 beers.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Good to hear. I'm fine, too.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Im good brotha. Turning brown building footings out in the damn 90 degree beating sun. Oh and its the wifes birthday and I have no plan yet, so things are good! Hah.
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:31 pm Hey man! I’m aight. You?

Packing up for a couple days of camping. Hoping it stays clear enough to sleep under the stars in the back of my truck, but bringing a tent just in case. Planning to catch some big trout and drink 1 or 2 beers.
Don't go to the SLV, unbelievable outbreak numbers.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:55 pm Oh and its the wifes birthday and I have no plan yet, so things are good! Hah.

Should we be worried for you, or do you gotz this?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ChalkRocker wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:27 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:55 pm Oh and its the wifes birthday and I have no plan yet, so things are good! Hah.

Should we be worried for you, or do you gotz this?
Oh i got it. I always figure it out this aint my first rodeo haha
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:31 pm Hey man! I’m aight. You?

How'd the camping go?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

it was good! went to a quiet part of the Colorado Rockies that just hasn't been nearly as overrun with Denverites...yet. I came over a particular mountain pass, and all of a sudden, there was no traffic. Just wonderful rural mountain west. Snow-capped peaks in the distance, plenty of antelope, maybe a logging truck or a rancher in a rusty old F150, but that's about it.

We camped on a series of small lakes, floated around in the canoe, caught a lot of fish, and drank 1 or 2 beers. The moon was so bright we were still casting shadows in the middle of the night.

Around 8pm my idiot BFF asks if he can start the campfire. I say sure go ahead, the wood's in the back of my truck. Next thing I know I look over and he's got all the wood piled up at once in this ridiculous blaze roaring like 8 feet high. I suggest more discretion with the wood so we can have a fire to hang out around for the rest of the night too, and also not burn down the entire state. Fuckin pyros.

Coming home, I come back over the pass and there's all the Denverites swarming each campsite and trailhead. It's like they don't even think to go down the other side of the pass but shh. I was starving and gonna indulge in a carryout order from one of the burger joints mentioned in PDub's top 3 thread, but I drive by and the parking lot is crammed with cars either waiting or eating. I decide not to deal with that mess and go home and make a pizza.

I also got in some reconnaissance on some intriguing little trout streams that no one else would think to go fish. Just need the flows to calm down once runoff slows. They should be money in a couple weeks. My approach to fishing has changed a lot in the past couple years. I'd rather catch a 6 inch wild fish that's never seen a hook before, than fish the famous rivers for some big trophy "for the gram" that's already been caught 3 times this week.

Shoot, now I'm rambling. Meh whatever. It's not like you were supposed to open this thread.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:21 am
...and make a pizza.
What did we choose to enjoy?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I'll be curious to read the first post from our newest member, gfjggqsa.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ohgod
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ill take 2020 back. 2021 has started poorly.
Just Ledoux it